Thursday, June 13, 2013

Squidoo HQ

SquidooHQ

Squidoo HQ


Introducing jknake

Posted: 13 Jun 2013 08:53 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-06-13 at 11.53.05 AMMeet Joyce, jknake on Squidoo. She’s pretty new around here but already doing a great job making lenses with a personal touch. Even though Joyce has reached retirement age, she still loves to learn and we’re very glad she’s learning with us here on Squidoo. Please make her feel at home and take a look at her lenses, too.

What brought you to Squidoo? I’m taking a course from Sara Young and she got me started on Squidoo.

You do a fabulous job of including personal experiences and recommendations in your lenses. What’s next on your lensmaking list? I feel humbled that you should say that. I used to teach guitar so I’m think of working up something on that.

What can Squidoo do for you? When I’m stuck I don’t really know where to go to ask a question. I did finally get my video on one lens and have another one to go on.

Note from Susan52: I have answered Joyce’s question about where to go for help when she gets stuck. For others who are new and get stuck from time to time, feel free to ask questions on the SquidooHQ forum anytime. If you’re new and not a member of RocketSquids, consider signing up. We have a helpful forum and lots of resources there, too.

Editor for the Day: Kimbesa – Staycationing

Posted: 13 Jun 2013 06:26 AM PDT

kimbesaToday’s Editor for the Day, Kimbesa, takes us on a tour of her favorite lenses about vacationing at home, or staycationing.

I love checking out the sites in my area.

A staycation is a relaxation opportunity that you can enjoy anytime. A special event for the family, or on your own.

And when you find a special place, you can visit over and over, because it’s nearby. ~Kimbesa

 

Explore Edmonds Washington

1. Explore Edmonds Washington

Edmonds, WA is a quaint, historic little city nestled along the shores of Puget Sound about 20 miles north of Seattle. It was founded in 1890 and is the oldest city in Snohomish County, Washington. As you drive into Edmonds on a clear day, you can see fant…

Chicago Staycation Vacation ★

2. Chicago Staycation Vacation ★

Welcome, This lens features the city of Chicago as a staycation destination. We’re very fortunate to live in our home town of Chicago and although there are many fun things to do in our windy city throughout the year, there are especially more great things…

4 Educational Field Trips in Dayton, Ohio

3. 4 Educational Field Trips in Dayton, Ohio

I am a homeschooling mom with 6 children, so my family and I are always looking for field trips that are fun, interesting and inexpensive. We went on several last year and I wanted to share them with you. We visited Sun Watch Indian Village/ Archeological…

New York City Staycation

4. New York City Staycation

I haven’t been able to afford a real vacation since 1996, and even that trip to Disney World wasn’t all that. I had planned the trip of a lifetime to the happiest place in the world only to find the hotel I had booked my stay at was still under constructio…

Staycation For Kids

5. Staycation For Kids

A ‘staycation’ is a vacation where you stay home and do fun things. You can do fun things without the expense of flying, renting a car and getting a hotel. You save a lot of money doing it this way and the kids have fun too. You can spend as much or as lit…

Staycation - Things to do in My Village

6. Staycation – Things to do in My Village

Polop de la Marina is a small village, 20 minutes inland from the Mediterranean coast, in the province of Alicante Valencia. The first thing you see when you drive up from the coast and on the outskirts of La Nucia, is the tower and ancient cemetery surrou…

A Staycation to Remember!

7. A Staycation to Remember!

When things are stressed, gas prices are crazy, and you just need to unwind, where can you go, what can you do? Well, first of all, put your feet up, chill out, and you can be amazed at what is just around the corner ~ or in your own home! Without the adde…

Firepit Friday!

8. Firepit Friday!

This summer, I’ve declared a new weekly holiday. It’s Firepit Friday! Every week, our family builds a campfire in the backyard in our firepit and we spend time with each other. As a busy, homeschooling mom of seven great kids, I don’t have a lot of extra m…

Staycation Ideas: Five Days of Fun!

9. Staycation Ideas: Five Days of Fun!

Vacations cost money, lots of money. In order to get to your intended vacation destination you spend a lot of your valuable relaxation time traveling – driving or catching trains, planes or buses. Not a lot of fun. And the packing! All that packing combine…

Plan A Staycation in Northeast Georgia

10. Plan A Staycation in Northeast Georgia

This summer, my plans to take the kids to 6 Flags and the Atlanta Aquarium fell through as the economic crunch hit home. Having lost a couple of contracts this year, money was tight, but I still wanted to continue the tradition of showing my children some…

Thanks for providing us with a virtual staycation vacation Kimbesa!
I for one, found it quite refreshing. Did you find a fun place close to home to visit?
http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/Kimbesa

Lens of the Day: Up-cycle a Tuna Fish Can – Make Three Dimensional Displays – Craft with Stickers and Duct Tape

Posted: 13 Jun 2013 05:39 AM PDT

Leading By Example – New lenses from our Giant Squid Lensmasters

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 10:40 AM PDT

giantWe asked our Giant Squids to create new lenses using our new “more personal” lens guidelines.

Over the next couple of weeks we’ll be showing off their efforts right here at SquidooHQ.

Here’s 9 of those terrific lenses. Take a look.

Get to know a little something about some of your fellow Squids by way of their newest Unique, Useful, Updated and Uber-Personality-Filled lenses.

 

 

Books About Time Travel Worth Reading

1. Books About Time Travel Worth Reading

Reading books about time travel is one of my guilty pleasures. I love many genres, including mysteries, thrillers, sci- fi books, books about vampires and zombies, but when it comes to time travel books, my whole mind, body and soul feels like it’s on anot…

My Sony DSC-WX300 Digital Camera - A Sweet Love Affair

2. My Sony DSC-WX300 Digital Camera – A Sweet Love Affair

I treated myself to a month vacation this year to Tucson, Arizona (my earnings from Squidoo, in part, made that possible). While there, I also treated myself to a brand new, fire- engine red Sony DSC- WX300 Digital Camera! Now, I didn’t particularly need t…

Misplaced Oscars

3. Misplaced Oscars

Oh no, that can’t be! How could the Motion Picture Academy of Arts and Sciences (or simply ‘The Academy’) present its highest honor to the wrong person or wrong film? How could they give the statuette fondly known as ‘Oscar’ to someone or something that wa…

Major League Baseball quiz!

4. Major League Baseball quiz!

This quiz shouldn’€™t be too much of a challenge for fellow baseball fans, and is intended to educate long- time fans and those who don’€™t know a whole lot about MLB at the same time. I went to my first game at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, California in 1986…

Wisconsin Strawberry Popcorn

5. Wisconsin Strawberry Popcorn

Recently I visited relatives in Wisconsin and was introduced to a new treat; a red gourmet popcorn known there as Strawberry Popcorn. Since then I’ve researched the product and found it is not only raised in Wisconsin, but also in Amish country in my home…

Great Gifts for a Guitar Playing Dad

6. Great Gifts for a Guitar Playing Dad

Guitar playing is a popular past time for all generations. In my family, it’s not my father that plays guitar, but my uncle, and he’s always thankful for gifts that are related to his hobby and passion. When people think of gifts to buy for guitar players,…

Baby Shower Favors And Game Prize Ideas

7. Baby Shower Favors And Game Prize Ideas

My daughter and I recently planned her baby shower and it turned out beautiful. For favors we did a candy buffet and created thank you cards for all of the guests. We attached a Hershey bar to each hand written thank you card. We placed the cards and clear…

I love my red KitchenAid Mixer

8. I love my red KitchenAid Mixer

I have hankered after a KitchenAid Mixer for several years. I cook a lot, I bake for my immediate family and my extended family. Nothing too fancy you understand, but good food with as few additives as possible. The other reason I do a lot of home baking i…

A Cuddly First Baby Gift Idea and Other Teddy Bear Stories

9. A Cuddly First Baby Gift Idea and Other Teddy Bear Stories

It has been over 30 years since the Teddy Bear pictured first entered our lives. It was the very first baby gift that we received when my son was born over 30 years ago. This bear was a gift from his Uncle, my brother. For some reason he didn’t want to tak…

No comments:

Post a Comment