Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Lens of the Day: Healthy Habits of a Superhero

Posted: 19 Jun 2013 05:44 AM PDT

Introducing staceyb71

Posted: 19 Jun 2013 05:36 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-06-19 at 8.35.26 AMMeet Stacey, staceyb71 on Squidoo. She signed up last summer but has just gotten started with her lensmaking and plans to do lots more. If you haven’t met her already, be sure to visit her lenses and say hello.

What brought you to Squidoo? About a year ago, I signed up to several online writing websites and wasn’t sure where to start; Squidoo had overwhelmed me at first and I ended up writing a few articles for one of the other sites. Eventually, I decided my best bet was to branch out and not put all my eggs in one basket. After reading quite a few lenses, I decided that I could do it too, and jumped into writing on Squidoo. I still have a lot to learn here, but I am enjoying myself. I’m also finding that I prefer the atmosphere here over other places. I love that I can share my passions and interests and get to know other people along the way.

Like many others around here, you’re clearly a fan of the 80′s, as demonstrated by your lenses so far. You talk about other interests in your bio, too. Will you be branching out from your 80′s niche? What’s up next? Yes, I will be branching out into other areas. I have a list of article ideas that I’ve written down, which, without getting too specific, includes haunted locations, history, travel, holidays, recipes, and book reviews. Who knows what else I will come up with… but there will of course be more articles about the 80s. :) I’ve got another 80s lens in progress right now.

What can Squidoo do for you? I used to do a lot of writing years ago, but after working and then starting a family, I hadn’t done much of it. Now that my child is a teenager, I have more time to myself. About a year or so ago I started getting back into writing and I’m feeling a little rusty. Squidoo will help me become a better writer and help my creative side shine; there are so many great writers and lenses here and I aspire to be like them. Getting a Purple Star on my second lens was a great boost to my confidence and I am looking forward to creating more lenses.

The Progress Bar is now the Score Card with additional helpful criteria.

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 01:24 PM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-06-18 at 4.10.24 PMThe Progress Bar that appears on the sidebar of every lens in edit mode is now called The Score Card.

We’ve created this update to give you more criteria for a quality lens. Here are the new updates.

1) A minimum of 200 characters in your Intro Module.

2) Good Keyword Usage – Now you will know if your lens has been flagged for a high keyword density. Once you achieve the correct balance the check mark will turn green.

3) Good Amazon link usage – Adding an Amazon module can earn you a royalty. However, too many links to Amazon can be a sign of an overly promotional lens. Based on research, Squidoo recommends a limit of 20 links to Amazon per lens (this includes your own Amazon affilate links).

 

 

Squidoo Conference Call Recording

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 12:39 PM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 12.12.57 PMToday I had the pleasure of talking to a small group of lensmasters and Squidoo founder Seth Godin.

The basis of the call was to have a small group ask questions which Seth and I then answered. We had a great time meeting all of you!

If you’re interested in listening to the call you can hear the recording right here: http://www.freeconference.com/Recordings/ConferenceRecording-13071526-813929.mp3

Thanks to everyone who participated!

This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

Editor for the Day: Nancycarol – Collectibles

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 09:49 AM PDT

nancycToday’s Editor for the Day is Giant Squid lensmaster, Nancycarol. She’s chosen to showcase some of her favorite lenses about collectibles.

Here’s why:

Collectibles are a big business. I’ve been a collector of various things during the past 30 years, and I love to write about them. I have several existing lenses on collectibles, and I know there are others who collect items that would make an interesting read. Hope you will consider this niche. ~Nancycarol

 

 

Where to Sell Collectibles

1. Where to Sell Collectibles

‘Where can I sell my stuff? ‘ ‘I have inherited my grandmother’s collectibles, but I don’t have any use for them. Would you be interested in buying the collection? ‘ ‘My house is overrun with junk. How do I go about selling it? ‘ These questions, and many…

The Smurfs Collectibles and New Merchandise

2. The Smurfs Collectibles and New Merchandise

The Smurfs fans know all about collecting and collectibles. Since 1965 when Peyo released the first 3 PVC Smurfs to now, many people have been buying, or trading, Smurfs Collectibles. The Smurfs were very popular in the 80′s, and Collectors have been colle…

Paper Doll Collections

3. Paper Doll Collections

When I was a girl I had a huge collection of paper dolls. Most of my beloved paper doll collections were gifts that came with a special paper doll folder to store the dolls and their clothes. Other paper dolls came in magazines my mother subscribed to such…

101 Salt and Pepper Shakers for  Collectors

4. 101 Salt and Pepper Shakers for Collectors

Many are priced under $10. 00 – so they make a fun gift for a low cost. Start a collection for your children – it is fun to watch the collection grow year after year. Salt and Pepper Shaker collecting is more than a hobby for some people it is a profitable…

Rare Collectible Chess Sets

5. Rare Collectible Chess Sets

Collectible chess sets can sometimes be hard to find. That’s because unlike other collectibles, a collectible chess set will almost always go up in value. The rare chess sets on this page are all in high demand because they were specially made and only pro…

Betsy Wetsy Doll and Doll Cloths Patterns

6. Betsy Wetsy Doll and Doll Cloths Patterns

Betsy Wetsy became a very special doll to many young girls like myself who were little girls in the 1950′s. Why? As the name implied, she actually wet her diaper! That may seem a bit silly thinking back on it in retrospect, but it made the doll so much mor…

Disney Cars Mattel Diecast Collectibles

7. Disney Cars Mattel Diecast Collectibles

Since the release of the Disney Pixar Cars movie, Mattel’s Disney diecast cars from the movie have become popular collectibles. New models are being released all the time featuring various characters from the movie, and more have been released Cars 2. Here…

Lamps to Display Things in

8. Lamps to Display Things in

I’ve seen these lamps in fancy decorating magazines and always wanted one. These fillable lamp bases are wonderful ways to display a collection of seashells, beach glass, marbles, tiny toys from childhood, a matchbook collection or other collectible items….

Antique & Collectible Music Boxes

9. Antique & Collectible Music Boxes

I just love the sound of antique and new music boxes. They bring back great memories for me. And there is so much history that goes with them, too. Did you know that music boxes didn’t exist as we know them today until the 1700′s? I hadn’t know that until…

Thanks for collecting together all of these fun lenses Nancycarol!
http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/nancycarol

No comments:

Post a Comment