Monday, June 24, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Announcing the Winning Lens (and runners up) from the GoodVeg Quest

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 06:54 AM PDT

foodclub logoCongratulations to lensmaster KathyT! Her Vegetarian Vegan Split Pea Soup lens was selected as the winner of our most recent GoodVeg Club Quest, Adapting Recipes.

This terrific lens has been featured as today’s Lens of the Day and KathyT will receive a $25.00 amazon.com gift card.

We didn’t receive very many submissions for this topic but all of the lenses we received were awesome and contain delicious vegetarian recipes. The following is a few of the runners up.

Be sure to visit the Quest lens to see the rest.

The GoodVeg magazine is always looking for yummy new lenses. If you cook vegetarian and love creating lenses for Vegans or vegetarian eaters, why not join the Club. You can learn all about it, and our other clubs, HERE.

 

Mushroom Wellington - quick & easy vegetarian recipe

1. Mushroom Wellington – quick & easy vegetarian recipe

When I was a kid, it was unusual for the man of the house to cook very often, but my dad had one lovely specialty, Beef Wellington. This was a long time ago and I can’t remember the recipe at all but I do recall the crisp, flaky pastry, the sliced mushroom…

Vegetarian Taco Hot Dish

2. Vegetarian Taco Hot Dish

Turn a regular Taco Hot Dish recipe into a vegetarian one instead. Swap out one ingredient for a different one. It’s nice when you can adapt a recipe that you really like a lot to fit the health needs of yourself or when cooking for others. Its fun to expe…

spaghetti1 3. Mom’s Spaghetti Turned Into Vegetarian Cooking & Quiz  

Since I can remember spaghetti has always been my favorite, so I turned a meat-based recipe to a vegetarian cooking. I think back to the days when my mother would cook her spaghetti using…

Black Beans and Rice- Vegan style

4. Black Beans and Rice- Vegan style

Black beans and rice with a little twist will spark your vegan appetite for sure. If you enjoy beans and rice, this dish will be enjoyed most definitely. The idea is to use canned black beans with added seasoning to spruce them up. I have had black beans c…


A BIG thank you to all who entered!

Lens of the Day: Vegetarian Vegan Split Pea Soup

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 04:56 AM PDT

IMMINENT! The “I Recommend” Highlight Reel

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 04:12 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-06-23 at 8.47.33 PMThis week our Giant Squids went above and beyond! We had a huge amount of entires this week and we picked 25 for the highlight reel which was hard. We could have picked 50, that’s how good these lenses are.

So if you’re looking for some inspiration on building a stand out recommendation lens you can learn a  lot from this group,

Enjoy!

Only Giant Squids get to participate in the IMMINENT! challenges. Not a Giant Squid yet? Don't miss out on the fun…check out the Giant Squid program right here.

Image Credit ( recommends Disneyland!)

Wire Wrapping Tutorial To Make A Pendant

1. Wire Wrapping Tutorial To Make A Pendant

I’ve been making jewelry for several years, and I’ve never attempted a wire wrapping tutorial until now. This particular tutorial came about after a discussion I had with a customer of my jewelry who was intrigued when I told her just how long it takes to…

Fun with a Hidden Camera

2. Fun with a Hidden Camera

Maybe it is because I’ve always loved mysteries and have often wished I could be a fly on the wall, but some of my favorite toys are my trail cams. Trail cams are also called game cameras, surveillance cameras or scouting cameras. They are used primarily b…

Gem Classics Library Fairy Tales

3. Gem Classics Library Fairy Tales

This page is about very special books that I owned as a child, lost in adolescence and rediscovered as an adult. The Gem Classics fairy tale series by Jane Carruth is absolutely enchanting in every way. When my husband and I decided it was time to start a…

My Trip to Disneyland and Why I Loved Going There

4. My Trip to Disneyland and Why I Loved Going There

On June 4th my sister and I went to Disneyland with some of our good friends and spent there one very amazing, exciting, and wonderful day. Together we explored the park, laughed and screamed on the rides, walked through the Sleeping Beauty Castle, took a…

Creating Best Vintage Effect on the Vignette Camera App

5. Creating Best Vintage Effect on the Vignette Camera App

The market for downloading free and paid apps for the best camera and photo editing apps is now offering thousands of choices and because it is so complex to choose the right one that is really needed for your lifestyle let me make your search easy and hel…

Vinyl Record Albums

6. Vinyl Record Albums

I am not generally someone who gets too attached to material things. I have had periods of nostalgia, when I might have ‘thought’ I would want to keep something, but generally most stuff I acquire eventually gets tossed or finds a quiet corner somewhere to…

Dick Dale is my favorite guitar player

7. Dick Dale is my favorite guitar player

His real name is Richard Monsour, and his dad was Lebanese and his mother was Eastern European. Born in 1937 in Boston, Massachusetts, his family moved to Southern California in 1954. It was in Orange County that he learned how to surf. During childhood he…

Spend Time Alone and Enjoy the Company You Keep

8. Spend Time Alone and Enjoy the Company You Keep

Imagine waking up early for an outing you have planned. You’re excited to get the day started. You shower, have breakfast, and don’t dilly dally too long online before heading out. Alone. Strange as it may sound to some social butterflies out there, spendi…

The Prisoner: A Great Piece of Television

9. The Prisoner: A Great Piece of Television

It may be nearly fifty years old, but Patrick McGoohan’s classic television show, The Prisoner, has stood the test of time and is, for me, as enjoyable and thought provoking today as it was in the 1960s. It is among a number of TV programmes from that era,…

Roald Dahl Complete Collection Of Children's Books

10. Roald Dahl Complete Collection Of Children’s Books

Do you know what I think will make a good gift for a boy? I think Roald Dahl’s Complete Collection of Children’s Books Set would make an excellent present for a boy. Why? Roald Dahl is known as the World’s No. 1 Storyteller and I am not surprised. He is ev…

Julius the Monkey by Paul Frank

11. Julius the Monkey by Paul Frank

Remember the good ol’ days when cartoon characters ranged from a prehistoric bunch to a futuristic family and everything else in- between? Or what about the time when a big purple dinosaur was all the rage? These are the characters that I know and recogniz…

Ode to Soap

12. Ode to Soap

Do you ever get giddy about the products you love? Like soap, for instance? I’m not a person who enjoys shopping. I don’t spend hours browsing the aisles, checking out the latest and best. of anything. So when I find a product that works for me, I tend to…

How One Retro Red Wall Clock Works In Home Decor

13. How One Retro Red Wall Clock Works In Home Decor

I love items like my ultra- cool red retro wall clock. A clock like this can be used in various rooms throughout the home, it’s simply a great home decor item. Sometimes all it takes is using your one favorite piece that can influence the decor in a room….

I Found The Perfect Sports Sandal to Recommend For A Woman's Narrow Feet

14. I Found The Perfect Sports Sandal to Recommend For A Woman’s Narrow Feet

Buying everyday sport sandals is pretty matter- of- fact, isn’t it – get a pair of sturdy, comfortable sandals, and hope the store carries something other than dark brown. During Summertime strappy flat shoes are all over the sidewalk, in parks, even in ma…

I Recommend Keeping Tropical Fish As A Hobby

15. I Recommend Keeping Tropical Fish As A Hobby

I love raising my tropical fish. I love it so much that I want to share it with the whole world. This is my seventh or eighth article on raising fish, that’s how much I want to share my hobby with others. I am hoping that I am a good enough writer to let y…

Skechers Walking Shoes for Women

16. Skechers Walking Shoes for Women

Skechers walking shoes for women are the best for a healthy lifestyle. I discovered skechers shoes for women when my daughter said she thought they were the most comfortable shoes she has ever worn. Of course I had to try them for myself. I have an unusual…

Who Moved My Cheese? Dealing with Change in Your Work and Life

17. Who Moved My Cheese? Dealing with Change in Your Work and Life

With so many changes going on here on Squidoo, I couldn’t help but think of the book, Who Moved My Cheese. Our ‘cheese’ on Squidoo has been (and will be) moved, quite often and sometimes drastically. But, don’t worry, you can always find it again. I reco…

Why I Recommend Geocaching For (and With) Kids

18. Why I Recommend Geocaching For (and With) Kids

Before our recent trip to Italy, my husband and I went geogaching near our home in Arizona. We were specifically looking for a ‘trackable’ or ‘travel bug,’ which is a small item that can be tracked wherever it goes via a unique code stamped or printed on i…

Why I Love My Kindle Fire

19. Why I Love My Kindle Fire

I am probably the last person anyone would expect to own a Kindle. My house is full of big, beautiful books with that delicious old book smell. I have hundreds of my own, hundreds of Colin’s, hundreds in the loft from a University friend of my sister, load…

Best Tasting Stevia

20. Best Tasting Stevia

Stevia is an ancient herb that is very sweet and has zero calories, so it’s come to the forefront in the diet industry since we’re always searching for sugar substitutes it seems. Since I have trouble metabolizing sugar, (and many people do and don’t know…

Polymer Clay Tools I Can't Live Without

21. Polymer Clay Tools I Can’t Live Without

There are all kinds of accessories out there for sculpting with polymer clay, but when it comes to choosing what really matters, which are the best polymer clay tools out there? I’ve been crafting for many years now and enjoy numerous types, but my favouri…

Why I Love My Kindle

22. Why I Love My Kindle

Perhaps ‘love’ is too strong a word to use for a ‘thing,’ but I do like my Kindle very, very, very much. Whenever I’m leaving home I grab it and take it with me in case I have any free time to read a book or play a game. Now with Whispersync I can even lis…

Knitting with Ladder Yarn

23. Knitting with Ladder Yarn

Ladder yarn is one of those wonderful yarns that allow you to use even basic knitting skills to make beautiful, eye- catching fashion accessories. If you aren’t familiar with ladder ribbon yarn, it is a delicate looking yarn with blocks of colored threads…

Advantages Of Smooth Edge Can Openers

24. Advantages Of Smooth Edge Can Openers

Can openers. Everybody has at least one. They are so ubiquitous and mundane that most people probably don’t give them any thought as long as they can get their can of Spaghetti- o’s open. So why am I so excited about mine? Because I have a smooth edge can…

The Outward Hound Backpack Pet Carrier Is Woof-Tastic For Small Dogs

25. The Outward Hound Backpack Pet Carrier Is Woof-Tastic For Small Dogs

The Outward Hound Backpack Pet Carrier for dogs is perfect for carrying Gizmo, my little six pound long- haired Chihuahua on family outings and long walks. This carrying bag for dogs allows my family the freedom to enjoy the outdoors with our little dog, k…

No comments:

Post a Comment