Thursday, June 27, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Lens of the Day: Polymer Clay Tools I Can’t Live Without

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 05:26 AM PDT

Introducing Shana273

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 05:17 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 8.17.00 AMYou might remember Shana273 from her recent Lens of the Day. She’s been staying busy since joining Squidoo several weeks ago, visiting lots of lenses in between making quite a few of her own. We’re happy to feature Shana here today. Enjoy our interview and getting to know her better.

How did you find Squidoo? I found Squidoo while I was searching the Internet for writing opportunities. I compared several different websites, but in the end, I like Squidoo the best because of the freedom I have as a writer. I love all of the options we have on Squidoo, such as choosing modules, themes, and a multitude of different writing topics.

If I had to put a name on the overall theme of your lenses so far it would have to be healthful living, though the topics vary greatly. Is health a big interest area for you? What else are you planning to write about? Healthful living is a huge interest of mine. I love learning about natural remedies and the relationship between nutrition and our health. In addition, I love to cook and I love to eat. I definitely plan on writing more recipe-focused lenses as well as lenses that promote proper nutrition. On the other hand, I love reading books and watching movies. In the future, I may write lenses based on books and movies that I love.

What can Squidoo do for you? Squidoo is a wonderful writing platform with a friendly, supportive community.

Giant Squids Setting a Great Example

Posted: 26 Jun 2013 01:09 PM PDT

giantOur Giant Squid lensmasters were asked to create new lenses that we could show off as great examples of the new more personalized lens style that Squidoo is looking for.  We’ve been receiving some really awesome lenses.

Visit each of the following to find everything from vacation ideas and how-to’s all the way  to new recipes and book reviews with lots of other fun and informational lenses tossed into the mix as well.

These lenses appear in no particular order so that means the last one listed is just as good as the first. Enjoy!

 

The 5K Fun Run

1. The 5K Fun Run

The 5K fun run is a great activity for many reasons. It is really ‘fun’ just as the title says. It’s a very social way to get and/or remain healthy. As you can see, the 5K I signed up for had an endless sea of people, in all over 4,000 signed up to partici…

My Trip to Disneyland and Why I Loved Going There

2. My Trip to Disneyland and Why I Loved Going There

On June 4th my sister and I went to Disneyland with some of our good friends and spent there one very amazing, exciting, and wonderful day. Together we explored the park, laughed and screamed on the rides, walked through the Sleeping Beauty Castle, took a…

Black Labs Are Fab

3. Black Labs Are Fab

Black Labrador Retrievers make wonderful family pets and hunting dogs. I personally think black labs are fabulous animals. I saw a woman at the park while attending a concert. She had a very large partly lab mutt. This dog was mostly black lab, but his che…

The Time Between By Karen White

4. The Time Between By Karen White

Wow! This book was so good that I literally could not put it down. I enjoy Karen White’s Novels and pre- ordered this one the day I heard about it. My sister had downloaded it to her Kindle so she read it first and told me how wonderful it was. I was telli…

How to Reupholster a Chair Upcycle Chair Projects

5. How to Reupholster a Chair Upcycle Chair Projects

So you want to reupholster an old occasional chair to fit in with your color scheme of your newly decorated living space? I always wanted to recover chairs and was not sure if it would be easy difficult or not worth the bother. I had always spotted old and…

Creating Best Vintage Effect on the Vignette Camera App

6. Creating Best Vintage Effect on the Vignette Camera App

The market for downloading free and paid apps for the best camera and photo editing apps is now offering thousands of choices and because it is so complex to choose the right one that is really needed for your lifestyle let me make your search easy and hel…

Why Everyone Should Travel Outside Their Own Country

7. Why Everyone Should Travel Outside Their Own Country

When I was 22, I left my home country of Canada and embarked on what would be a completely life changing journey to Guatemala. I traveled by bus through the United States, Mexico and Guatemala. It was an absolutely mind- blowing adventure that I think ever…

New kitten in the house

8. New kitten in the house

Birth of a kitten is one of the most exciting things I have ever experienced. Following every step in their early life is just something amazing. Even though, when my cat had kittens, it did not all go just fine. There are probably thousands of blogs about…

Sousababy's Foolproof Coffee

9. Sousababy’s Foolproof Coffee

So, true story: I have always found a way to make the cheapest coffee taste great. My father began this family tradition long ago. His tip? Add a dash of salt on top of the coffee grounds (for filtered coffee). Amazingly this does help with the bitter afte…

The Black and White Cat

10. The Black and White Cat

Black and white cats are amazing animals. I not only like the beauty of them, I also admire their intelligence. Black and white cats have a distinct personality and they also have many interesting character traits that you probably don’t know about. I have…

Children And Water Safety Tips

11. Children And Water Safety Tips

Keeping children safe around water at all times means constant supervision. Taking preventative measures around water can greatly reduce injuries and fatalities from occurring. When my children were young, I could always depend on a bath to change their mo…

The Prisoner: A Great Piece of Television

12. The Prisoner: A Great Piece of Television

It may be nearly fifty years old, but Patrick McGoohan’s classic television show, The Prisoner, has stood the test of time and is, for me, as enjoyable and thought provoking today as it was in the 1960s. It is among a number of TV programmes from that era,…

Sustainable Gardening On Your Own Urban Farm

13. Sustainable Gardening On Your Own Urban Farm

Grow more of your own food yourself – be self sufficient as much as possible. Its a movement that stems from the growing realization that we can’t afford to eat fresh vegetables unless we do it ourselves. Grow this food in such a way as to preserve the via…

Easy Delicious Greek Salad

14. Easy Delicious Greek Salad

Who knew? It turns out that I absolutely LOVE Greek salad. I had never had one up until about two months ago. A friend brought her homemade Greek salad to a pot luck that we went to. I had one bowl and was hooked. Yummmm! I have no idea why I had never tri…

No comments:

Post a Comment