Friday, June 28, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Editor for the Day: Cari_Kay featuring Personal Struggles

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 08:49 AM PDT

cari-kayMy favorite pages here on Squidoo highlight the lensmasters’ personal struggles within their own lives.

Though they have endured difficult times, they are willing to share their own intimate details in order to help others cope. For others, their lenses educate. I admire that greatly.

Simply reading the comments sections shows the amazing gift these authors have in touching others lives and helping them through their own struggles. Knowing you are not alone can be one of the greatest gifts you can give another. What a blessing these lensmasters (and so many more here) are! ~ Cari_Kay

 

Emotionally Surviving the Violence of Homelessness

1. Emotionally Surviving the Violence of Homelessness

The majority of people who experience homelessness in America have already experienced violence or will experience violence in the future. I’m not going to give advice here on how to physically survive the violence as it occurs. There are just too many v…

Anatomy of a Nervous Breakdown

2. Anatomy of a Nervous Breakdown

‘Nervous Breakdown’ is a term which is no longer used by the medical community, but it is a great way to describe how it FEELS. I know because I’ve been there. Your doctor may refer to it as ‘situational depression’ or ‘anxiety disorder’. Others may call i…

A Daughter's Story

3. A Daughter’s Story

2009 was a year of change, adjustments and disappointments for my family and me. However, all the material losses, struggles with the downward spiraling economy and lose of income paled in comparison to one early December morning. It was the day we were su…

I Did Not See I Was Being Abused by My Husband for Over 20 Years

4. I Did Not See I Was Being Abused by My Husband for Over 20 Years

If you would have told me two years ago that my husband of 28 years, and the father to my children, was abusive and would abandon us a year later, I would have never believed it. ‘That would NEVER happen to ME! ‘ Or so I thought. I am an intelligent, reaso…

My life with Meniere's Disease

5. My life with Meniere’s Disease

I have had Meniere’s Disease for several years. As anyone who has MM knows it changes your life. The attacks come with very little warning. And they might last for several hours or days. When the attack subsides you will feel worn out as though you…

Surviving the death of a spouse

6. Surviving the death of a spouse

My name is Tanya Clapshaw, and I was widowed after 16 years of happy marriage. My husband Dwayne died after a year- long struggle with melanoma cancer. Less than 40 years old, I was completely unprepared for people’s reactions, the legal and financial craz…

My Life With Asperger's

7. My Life With Asperger’s

My Asperger’s Story Everyone’s story of Asperger’s Syndrome is different. As a member of a support group at the Asperger’s Association of New England I heard many stories of how Asperger’s has affected people’s lives. For better or worse, it’s who we are….

Dealing with Alzheimer's - my personal experiences

8. Dealing with Alzheimer’s – my personal experiences

This lens is a tribute to a strong, intelligent woman who struggles with Alzheimer’s – and to her kids (my uncles and mother) who fight to keep her life as fulfilling as possible. The lens is written in chronological order: it’s my experience of the starti…

My Mother's Fight with Vulvar Cancer

9. My Mother’s Fight with Vulvar Cancer

I created this lens a little over a month after I lost my mother to Vulvar Cancer. She had been having various gynecological symptoms, but put off going to the doctor due to other health issues she was having. When she finally went she was quickly diagnose…

Gastric Sleeve Bariatric Surgery - My Personal Journey

10. Gastric Sleeve Bariatric Surgery – My Personal Journey

March 10th, 2010 was like a new birthday for me. That is the day I had weight loss surgery – vertical sleeve gastrectomy, to be exact. Now, nearly two years later, aside from marrying my soul mate and giving birth to three wonderful sons, this was the grea…


Thank you Cari_Kay for bringing all of these fantastic and super personal lenses to light. 
And thank you to all of the lensmasters who bared their souls and shared their stories so that they might help so many others.

Lens of the Day: Ode to Soap

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 05:39 AM PDT

Introducing RJEdwards

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 04:25 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-06-28 at 7.25.01 AMMeet RJEdwards. RJ joined Squidoo several weeks ago to write about her favorite things and she’s been busy doing just that. She’s also been participating in our RocketSquid weekly challenges, so she’s building a very nice lens portfolio pretty quickly. Enjoy getting to know her better.

How did you find Squidoo? I actually found Squidoo through Hubpages. A writing group I joined led me to Hubpages and then some folks on the Hubpages forum led me to Squidoo.

You mention in your bio writing about your favorite things. Since several of your lenses are about books or authors, I’m guessing reading is one of those things. What are some other favorite topics you plan to write about? Reading and writing are my passions. I also love to work in my garden and I’ve recently published a couple lens on that subject and I have a few more planned. I also love pop culture trivia and music and classic tv. Somewhere on my desk I have a list of lens topics I plan to Squidoo if I can ever find the time.

What can Squidoo do for you? Squidoo has been publishing some great articles and tips on exactly what is and isn’t allowed in a lens. For a newbie like me this has been extremely helpful. I’m not interested in writing a bunch of sales lenses and I definitely jump right past those when I come across them. So for me, Squidoo can keep doing what its doing – keep weeding out the bad and helping the rest of us to make better reader friendly lenses.

Vive la France!

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 04:23 AM PDT

Who Will Win The Tour de France 2013?

1. Who Will Win The Tour de France 2013?

2013 marks the 100th Tour de France, so it’s a big anniversary. Although the first Tour ran in 1903, it took a break during both World Wars, so in 2013 we celebrate the Tour’s 100th birthday, with a route that takes in Corsica for the first time, and a bru…

Collecting France Postage Stamps

2. Collecting France Postage Stamps

France is an interesting country for stamp collectors. Their postage stamp was the 10c Ceres issued in 1850. France stamps offer a wide range of topics, as well as many interesting definitives series for those who like to specialized their collection. On t…

What to Pack for a Trip to France

3. What to Pack for a Trip to France

What to pack for your trip to France, or trip to Europe, if you’re flying on low budget flights is quite a challenge these days. Many people have no knowledge of what their chosen French holiday destination is like, or they have very unrealistic expectatio…

Eiffel Tower For Kids

4. Eiffel Tower For Kids

Eiffel Tower for Kids – Learning about the Eiffel Tower in France is a wonderful way to get children interested in another culture. Whether you are travelling to Paris or learning about the Eiffel Tower for school, participating in activities with your chi…

Top 10 Chateaux of the Loire Valley

5. Top 10 Chateaux of the Loire Valley

The Loire River divides France into its Northern and Southern parts as the climate becomes much more temperate south of the river. The beautiful Loire Valley is known for its pastoral landscapes, historic villages, great architectural monuments, fine wines…

Paris:  A Week in the Latin Quarter

6. Paris: A Week in the Latin Quarter

In March 2009 I got to experience Paris & its Latin Quarter in a new way. With our kids on a trip to California with my parents, my husband and I had a chance to do something special with his parents. We cashed in some frequent flyer miles and headed t…

The Louvre - Resources for Art Lovers

7. The Louvre – Resources for Art Lovers

The Louvre is a very large and famous museum in Paris. 9. 72 million people visited the Louvre in 2012 – 3. 5 million more than any other museum in the world. This figure is expected to increase to 10 million 2014. If you are planning a visit or would just…

How to Plan a Trip to Paris - Tips for a Perfect Paris Holiday

8. How to Plan a Trip to Paris – Tips for a Perfect Paris Holiday

Paris is a dream destination, the romantic image of this beautiful city is everywhere in film, literature and magazines and I devoured as much of it as I could before my week long visit. I half expected to be underwhelmed after such a large amount of readi…

Pizza Anyone!

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 05:11 PM PDT

Pizza Stones for Sale: How Do They Stack Up in Taste Results?

1. Pizza Stones for Sale: How Do They Stack Up in Taste Results?

Homemade pizza is for you, if you like pizza but don’t enjoy the cost of take out. You can bake great tasting pizza at home by using a pizza baking stone. This one is made in America, too! Using a Hartstone pizza stone will give you outstanding pizza at ho…

Vegetarian Barbecue & Wild Leek Pizza

2. Vegetarian Barbecue & Wild Leek Pizza

At my house, this pizza is the taste of spring. The recipe is built completely around the presence of Wild Leeks. The barbecue and ranch dressing flavors blend with the enticingly springy, new onion flavor of the Wild Leeks. Layer it all on your own homema…

How To Make Pizza Dough From Scratch

3. How To Make Pizza Dough From Scratch

Making your own pizza dough is really easy. It takes only a few ingredients, and within a short time you can have a tasty crust rising in a bowl in your kitchen. And soon after that, you can be eating some outstanding homemade pizza, piping hot from your o…

Mini tomato & olive pizzas - quick & easy recipe

4. Mini tomato & olive pizzas – quick & easy recipe

We never get tired of eating pizza and I’m always looking for new pizza recipes. This is one that I developed a couple of years ago and I’d like to share it with you because it’s so quick and easy to make. In fact, it’s so simple that I’ve shown my grandda…

Easy Homemade Pizza Rolls

5. Easy Homemade Pizza Rolls

Everyone loves pizza rolls! They’re practically a staple for teenagers, and great for parties and snacks. Homemade pizza rolls are super easy to make and taste way better than the frozen supermarket ones. Homemade pizza rolls give you the ability to contro…

Plan a Pizza Party

6. Plan a Pizza Party

National Pizza Party Day happens every year on the third Friday in May. It’s a day to get together with friends and celebrate with one of America’s favorite foods. The Pizza! Why party with a pizza? Pizza goes with everything from backyard barbecues to soc…

A Large Pizza Should Fill the Box - Pizza Size Does Matter!

7. A Large Pizza Should Fill the Box – Pizza Size Does Matter!

Pizza Size Does Matter, so imagine my surprise when I opened the box and found this tiny pizza! Taste is secondary to overall quality, and without consistency in size – quality is lost. Pizza shrinkage needs to stop. Seems that all of the major brands are…

The Best Bubble Pizza Recipe

8. The Best Bubble Pizza Recipe

Firehouse pizza, bubble pizza and deep dish pizza are just a few of the names my family has given this easy Pillsbury biscuit pizza. But no matter how much we argue about the name, we all agree on one thing. This tastes better than anything Pizza Hut or Do…

No comments:

Post a Comment