Saturday, June 29, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Lens of the Day: How to buy a better pillow

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 05:10 AM PDT

RocketSquids: Problem Solved!

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 02:09 PM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-06-28 at 5.08.56 PMSquidoo’s always been a great place to go when looking for solutions to everyday problems. Now it’s even better!

Last week’s RocketSquid assignment was to make a lens that would help someone solve a problem – based on their own personal experiences – and, as usual, our students came through for us.

Here’s the short list:

Poor pooch! What to do if your dog gets quilled by a porcupine

1. Poor pooch! What to do if your dog gets quilled by a porcupine

Early one morning, I was awakened by my dog Scout whining like she really needed to go outside. I thought she had to do her duty, so I opened the sliding glass door and let her into our fenced- in backyard. She scrambled out in such a hurry that I thought,…

Solving the problem of saying yes when we want to say no.

2. Solving the problem of saying yes when we want to say no.

Sometimes we have trouble saying no. We know it is trouble because our heart tells us we should have said no when we actually said yes. So how does this happen? Is it a skill problem? Is it an assertiveness problem? Maybe it ‘s a problem with clutter in ou…

Turning a dangerous eyesore into a beauty spot

3. Turning a dangerous eyesore into a beauty spot

Many old houses like mine have old wells or cisterns. My property happens to have both. Cisterns are not only an eyesore – they can be very dangerous for pets and children. My husband and I have five grandchildren ranging in age from 3 years to 12 years ol…

Fear of Swallowing Pills

4. Fear of Swallowing Pills

I have had trouble swallowing pills most of my life. It comes from my fear of swallowing pills. My parents had tried to train me and my sister to do it at an early age. It was just a small vitamin, but I choked on it. That incident is what I believe starte…

Natural Ways To Deter Flies!

5. Natural Ways To Deter Flies!

Well This Is Your Simple Answer. Yes, Yes They Do! I recently had an infestation of flies in the back bedroom of my house, and after going all the routes that worked as a youth without success. I decided to try a new route that i had heard about but had ne…

And here’s a longer list of problems solved!

Are you new (or new-ish) on Squidoo with fewer than 25 lenses? We’d love to have you join us on RocketSquids! Click here to sign up.

Photo source

Bravo Squidoo!

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 12:55 PM PDT

There are over 200 lenses listed below that…

educate, inform, delight, humor, enlighten, amaze, move, teach, review, recommend, care, mystify, engage and excite.

No comments:

Post a Comment