Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Lens of the Day: Popular Domestic Duck Breeds

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 05:46 AM PDT

RocketSquids: Celebrating Sweetness

Posted: 09 Jul 2013 03:34 PM PDT

From sweet food and treats to sweet experiences and even sweeter people, this week our RocketSquid students treated us to new lenses about Things That Are Sweet.  If your sweet tooth is hungry, we have the cure.

(Want to join us on RocketSquids? Click here to sign up.)

The Mackinac Island Fudge Experience

1. The Mackinac Island Fudge Experience

When you step off a ferry at Mackinac Island – located between Michigan’s upper and lower peninsulas – your nostrils will fill with the sweet smell of fudge. This aroma will guide you straight into one of the 15 or more fudge shops on the little tourist is…

Carrot and Banana Cupcakes with Sweet Cream Cheese Frosting

2. Carrot and Banana Cupcakes with Sweet Cream Cheese Frosting

We love banana bread in our house, and we love carrot cake. This recipe combines these two delicious recipes to make some yummy scrummy almost healthy cupcakes. I say almost healthy as there is no added fat in the main cake recipe, only in the icing. Plent…

Pono and His Band of Hairy Players

3. Pono and His Band of Hairy Players

Come and visit a small speck on our planet, a slice out of the Big Island in the middle of the Pacific. Where the land is green and the skies are blue. And a donkey lives in harmony with his sheep. This is their story. Aloha! My name is Pono. I am a Hawaii…

Why You Should Join RocketSquids

4. Why You Should Join RocketSquids

I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to the RocketSquid community. I was definitely ‘wet behind the ears’ when I first started here on Squidoo. While I had done a lot of reading and exploring on the internet before I had never real…

Best Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Ever

5. Best Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Ever

My Mom made the absolute Best Strawberry Shortcake. It’s the one I grew up with, and is simple and very Yummy. She baked, and I mean baked a lot. She competed in almost every fair and baking contest where we lived and usually got Blue, Red and White Ribbon…

Introducing GenieRobbins

Posted: 09 Jul 2013 10:04 AM PDT

You may already know GenieRobbins, especially if you’re into gluten-free cooking. That’s her main niche, though she’s written about other topics, too, in her short Squidoo career. She’ll be graduating from RocketSquids soon, so we wanted to squeeze her in here while we can.

How did you find Squidoo? When my husband retired I began looking for ways to supplement our income as well as to expand my online platform and help teach people how to live happy and healthy lives. Squidoo was one of the first opportunities I found.

Your main niche obviously is living gluten free, and you do a great job of “bringing creativity into everyday life” with your lenses, as you state in your profile. What’s next on your lensmaking list? That’s a good question. I never know what I’m going to write until I get started. I have been using Quests for Rocket Squids and the clubs I belong to for inspiration and will continue to participate in the clubs when I graduate from Rocket Squids. I want my writing to appeal to a broad audience, but my main goal will always be to educate readers about healthy living and eating while also encouraging them to think creatively and have fun.

What can Squidoo do for you? Keep encouraging me to expand my horizons by offering writing Quests. I would never have written my pizza cutter lens if I had not accepted the challenge to write a sales lens. Now it’s hard to believe I almost passed on that one.

10 Ways to Keep Cool

Posted: 09 Jul 2013 10:03 AM PDT

Strawberry Ice Cream all gone - from low-fat-dairy-free-strawberry-ice-cream on SquidooThe heat is on over most of the U.S. and the majority of the hot summer weather is still ahead of us. We recently sent our RocketSquids on a quest to find lenses with ideas to help us keep cool.

So if you’re suffering from the heat, sit down, relax, and check out this list of 10 ways to keep cool courtesy of our talented lensmasters, curated by our friendly and helpful RocketSquids.

Beautiful Hand Fans

1. Beautiful Hand Fans

Hand fans or handheld fans are quite beautiful and handy item for us. Do you have any hand fan? Sometimes we recognize a hand fan as folding hand fan as well. Generally, we use hand fans for two reasons. One reason is for decorating our home while on the o…

How We Keep Cool Without Air Conditioning

2. How We Keep Cool Without Air Conditioning

It’s summer in Kentucky. Hazy, hot and humid are the weatherman’s favorite words. And our family is living without air condiitoning. Our a/c compressor sprung a leak on the hottest day of 2011 and I simply do not have the money right now to replace it. So,…

What Is Gelato?

3. What Is Gelato?

‘Gelato’ is the Italian word for ‘ice cream’. However, anyone who has visited Italy and tasted true Italian gelato, served at one of many gelaterie around the country, know that there is something special and unique about this creamy, cold dessert that mak…

My first memory of snow

4. My first memory of snow

I love snow, I know that life stops in the UK and causes it’s own problems but when I look out the window and the world is white, my heart skips a beat and I remember the first time I saw snow! I was about 5 years old and I had been bought the most beautif…

Low Fat Dairy-Free Srawberry Ice Cream

5. Low Fat Dairy-Free Srawberry Ice Cream

If you have an ice cream maker, then making your own ice cream is really easy! I have an intolerance to cow’s milk, and for years I have watched friends and relatives tucking in to ice creams and other desserts that I can’t share. Now I can make my own, he…

Adventuring By Kayak

6. Adventuring By Kayak

If the water is your favorite place to go on an adventure, then you have quite a few choices for travel. But, at the beginning of the day, you will have to decide whether getting to your destination quickly or seeing the sights along the way is the priorit…

Essential book for the summer heat: All about the health benefits of water!

7. Essential book for the summer heat: All about the health benefits of water!

All my life I’ve had great difficulty with hot temperatures. Basically if it’s over 75 degrees (24 C) I’ve always gotten a bad headache in only a few minutes if I’ve been in the sun, and so I’ve frequently avoided going outdoors in the summer months in Sou…

Custom-Fit Sun Hat With Optional Cooling Pocket

8. Custom-Fit Sun Hat With Optional Cooling Pocket

I love floppy hats, there’s nothing more fun to wear with a little sundress and sandals in the summertime! Now that I have been going through treatment for malignant Melanoma, sun protection has suddenly become extremely important to me! If I’m going to ro…

Blastaway Beach At Wet N Wild

9. Blastaway Beach At Wet N Wild

I have been to Wet and Wild a lot! As a group travel planner I have personally coordinated and participated in 23 trips to the Orlando Florida area. I now live near the water park and I go at least once a month with my 3 year old son. I have learned a lot…

Keeping your cool dog cool and safe in the heat of summer!

10. Keeping your cool dog cool and safe in the heat of summer!

Summer is a great time to get out there and enjoy the great outdoors! But it can also be very hot at certain times of the summer. So how do you help your dog stay cool? Read on and find out, we’ve got lots of tips, info, products and ideas to help your coo…

Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment