Thursday, July 11, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Lens of the Day: What Is A Catch Crop?

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 05:32 AM PDT

7 More Ways to Keep Cool

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 12:55 PM PDT

The heat just doesn’t seem to want to let up. If these 10 ways to keep cool weren’t enough, maybe you’ll get lucky with one of these seven.

Walking with Nature

1. Walking with Nature

In the woods near my house, I’ve encountered many different creatures and plants. And I have learned from them all. And felt their touch. Walking in the woods is, for me, walking with nature. I feel nature with me as I walk and that presence can be awe- in…

My 5 Favorite Juicer Recipes

2. My 5 Favorite Juicer Recipes

Are you searching for new juicer recipes to spark some inspiration? Want to learn more about juicing for health? I first started juicing about 2 years ago, but it has since become one of my healthiest habits! Last year, I watched an inspiring documentary c…

Fruit Only Soft Ice Cream Maker

3. Fruit Only Soft Ice Cream Maker

I love ice cream, but I’ve been a diet- controlled diabetic for 17 years. I keep looking for great treats that: 1. don’t mess up my blood sugar, 2. taste great and 3. are not loaded with any chemicals or artificial sweeteners. Ice cream has always been a f…

Keep Cool With Frogg Toggs

4. Keep Cool With Frogg Toggs

Frogg Togg Cooling Towels are very popular with all athletes from the weekend golfer to the profressional baseball player. Those participating in school sports also find them helpful. It is even popular with the spectators. I am sure that if you have been…

Savvy Beach Vacation Tips for a Perfect Getaway!

5. Savvy Beach Vacation Tips for a Perfect Getaway!

I love the beach, but I’ve learned from experience that preparation makes all the difference between having a blast and being miserable because things like sunburn, bug bites, lost or stolen valuables, bad weather, etc. So I’ve put together 10 savvy beach…

Top 10 Weird Ice Cream Flavors

6. Top 10 Weird Ice Cream Flavors

Weird ice cream flavors are on the increase all over the world. Just about anywhere these days, you can get weird and unusual flavors and even some that sound truly revolting. Now I don’t know about you but I really enjoy a nice bowl of my favorite icecrea…

Making Lemonade

7. Making Lemonade

This lens is about how to easily make your own delicious, homemade lemonade. It’s such a light and refreshing drink that you make yourself, thus eliminating the chemical- saturated or overly- sugared versions that you might buy. Lemonade in its most basic…

The Photo And Video Module Bugs Are Now Fixed

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 11:21 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-07-10 at 2.17.16 PMIn the past few days  we’ve been having intermittent bug reports of photo modules losing photos and video modules losing videos. This wasn’t happening often, so it was hard for us to track.

The good news is that we’ve fixed this bug and everything should be back to normal.

Thanks for your patience.

Introducing CassandraCae

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 10:09 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-07-10 at 1.08.57 PMMeet CassandraCae, busy new lensmaster, RocketSquid student, and recent Lens of the Day recipient. And she’s only been on Squidoo for a month! If you haven’t gotten to know her, there’s no time like the present. Don’t forget to visit her lenses – after you’ve said hello.

What brought you to Squidoo? I had been thinking about doing craft tutorials for sometime but I wasn't sure where I could publish them. Enter othercat. I connected with her because of my interest in some of her lenses and I shoot her a friend request on Facebook. I noticed she talked about creating content for Squidoo and I became intrigued. With a little research, I realized that Squidoo was the perfect place for me to share some of my knowledge with the world. I made my first lens, fell in love with it and now I am obsessed.

You already have a fabulous start on Squidoo, with awesome lenses on a nice assortment of topics. What can we look forward to reading next? I love to craft, particularly paper crafts and crochet so there will be plenty more tutorials and ideas for those topics coming very soon. I also have a love for conservation and wildlife so there will be much more to anticipate on these topics as well. I do a lot of hiking and volunteering through out the entire state of Ohio and I have so many little unknown gems of hidden nature to present. Technology is also a hobby and I love my gizmos and gadgets so as I find things I love with this theme I will also be sharing them.

What can Squidoo do for you? Squidoo is going to make be a better writer. I already do a lot of writing as a full time college student but it is very regimented and it has to follow a rigorous format. Here at Squidoo I can let my fingers pore over the keys and put myself into the words. Squidoo is also going to give me a great chance to network with other people who share the same passions as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment