Friday, July 19, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Use Video Tutorials to make your Halloween Lens Scream

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 07:33 AM PDT

srritchieToday’s Halloween lensbuilding tip comes from lensmaster SRitchieable.

Halloween isn’t Halloween without the right spooky atmosphere – and nothing makes a spookfest like Halloween candles. Hence this ghoulish lens, with everything from candycorn candles to dragonglass candles! Not a lens about ‘how to buy Halloween candles’, this is about how to MAKE those Halloween candles yourself.

What creates this ‘Halloween magic’? It’s a special niche that was just ‘screaming’ (LOL) for some TLC lens treatment. And since – in this increasingly busy age – many people don’t have time to read long ‘how to’ instructions, showcasing video tutorials gives the how-what-where-why really quick. A long(er) lens but (in a real sense) a short one because it’s so quick and easy to use. Happy Halloween 2013! ~SRitchieable

Have a look at the lens. 

Halloween Candles & Candle Props: Craft Your Own October 31st Spookiness

 Halloween Candles & Candle Props: Craft Your Own October 31st Spookiness

Halloween simply screams for spooky candles – flickering forests of dragonglass candles, or bleeding candles, of skull candles, of Jack O Lantern candles and candycorn candles! And (best of all) you can make all these yourself. That’s how Grandma would hav…

We agree.  Using a video tutorial on your helpful How-To Halloween lens adds a bit of magical interaction and goes a long way towards helping a reader “get it just right”. Will you be adding any videos to your new Halloween lenses? Share your thoughts.

Introducing Colin323

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 06:25 AM PDT

This is Colin323, a teacher, textbook author, and now bookseller who’s been busy recently establishing a reputation as a great writer on Squidoo. We’re happy to introduce him to you today.

How did you find Squidoo? I recently started voluntary work with a literary festival who had replaced their blog with Squidoo. I looked at it, liked what I saw, and thought, ‘I could do this, too.’ So I did!

Your wonderful lenses all center around your book collecting and selling expertise, so far. What else can we look forward to in upcoming lenses? Thanks for the positive feedback on my current lenses; it’s very reassuring, as well as encouraging. I’ve got other ideas up my sleeve: Yorkshire cooking, for one – with traditional food ideas you won’t find in recipe books. Then there’s some great places to walk in Yorkshire, particularly on Ilkley Moor, that I can see from my window now. And then there are my memories of working in London in the ‘Swinging Sixties’. Plus more on books, of course.

What can Squidoo do for you? I like the idea behind Squidoo: of sharing, informal learning, and passing skills and ideas onto others, as it connects with my past professional life and personal values. So it reinforces what I feel is important in life.

Lens of the Day: Memorable Rock-n-Roll Musical Concert

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 05:29 AM PDT

My Concert Experience: Rock On!

Posted: 18 Jul 2013 11:33 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 2.24.48 PMA few weeks ago I shared my Duran Duran concert experience and asked lensmasters to share their own. Holy Moly did we get some great submissions.

Check out these rock and roll tales and than share one of your own. We’ve even got a new topic called: Music > Concerts.

Party on, Wayne!

Image Credit

A new Millennium: My first concert.

1. A new Millennium: My first concert.

It was the year 2000 and I had just graduated High School. Most of the music I listened to had a twang and a banjo, perhaps a fiddle or harmonica; I had been raised in the mountains of Sonora, California and my mother often sang the tunes of Strawberry Win…

Jellyfish at the Academy Theater - NYC 1993

2. Jellyfish at the Academy Theater – NYC 1993

What’s better than going to a rock concert?  Going to a rock concert with your sister and mom! It may not sound ‘hip’ but when my mom and sister visited me in the spring of 1993 in New York City, I got tickets for a concert at the Academy on 43rd Street….

Supertramp's Breakfast in America Concert Tour 1979

3. Supertramp’s Breakfast in America Concert Tour 1979

Where were you on July 21, 1979? I know, likely some of you were not even born but I WAS and when evening arrived on that day I was at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto, Ontario, watching Supertramp`s Breakfast in America concert. It is a day that will go down…

Concerts at the NY State Fair With My Dad

4. Concerts at the NY State Fair With My Dad

Going to the concerts was not always the highlight of the day. The evening maybe. But there was always something to do through out the day. The butter sculpture was one of those things that we always checked out. The first one that comes to mind is the cow…

My first rock concert:  The Offspring in 1997 in Los Angeles

5. My first rock concert: The Offspring in 1997 in Los Angeles

When I was a senior in high school, I got to go to a rock concert for the first time. It was in May 1997, and I had just recently had my eighteenth birthday. For a couple years I’d been listening to punk rock bands, and learning to play guitar, and here…

Bowie to Beastie Boys and everything inbetween!

6. Bowie to Beastie Boys and everything inbetween!

The first real concert I ever went to was David Bowie ‘Serious Moonlight ‘ – It was during term time and I had to ‘dog’ school and get the bus to Edinburgh to go and see my hero play. The other really great concert I went to see was the ‘Beastie Boys’ at G…

Memorable Rock-n-Roll Musical Concert

7. Memorable Rock-n-Roll Musical Concert

When I was a youngster growing up at home my parents were always listening to Country Western music on the radio morning, noon and night. I got so tired of listening to Country Western music that I would leave the room or go outside just to get away from t…

The Replacement of Cornerstone Festival?

8. The Replacement of Cornerstone Festival?

I went to Audiofeed Festival as a volunteer artist and found my Cornerstone family there! In short, there were many doubters and even though I was helping the staff in many ways to make the inaugural Audiofeed festival happen. I have to admit I was skeptic…

No comments:

Post a Comment