Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Introducing hazeltos

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 07:05 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-07-24 at 10.05.03 AMSmile and say hello to Sue, hazeltos on Squidoo. She loves cooking, cross stitching, and now writing here on Squidoo where she’s a member of RocketSquids. Here’s our interview:

How did you find Squidoo? Actually I was checking out different website that I might like to try to write on. After watching Squidoo of a few months I decided that it was the one for me.

Cross stitch and healthy recipes have been your topics so far. Anything else you’re itching to write about? I like to write inspiration or motivational articles. We all need a lift every now and then. Getting back to the crafty area, I also would also like to write about crafting jewelry. Plus, I head a craft club at the middle school and am definitely always out there looking for ideas. I would like to use some of those ideas in a lens. I work with emotionally disturbed and higher functioning intellectually disabled middle school student and would like to write about that area.

What can Squidoo do for you? Squidoo can let me stretch my writing wings. It can help me have fun and learn more writing skills. I am amazed at what I have learned already. I love those little informative lenses. They are worth their weight in gold. I love to write and research and I will have the opportunity to do this here. I will also be able to help a charity or two along the way.

Lens of the Day: Crock Pot Pork Roast Recipe

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 05:28 AM PDT

5 Quick Ways To Add Value To A Lens

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 02:11 PM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-07-23 at 4.55.20 PMPeople love it when they find value on the web and it’s pretty easy to provide value with these quick steps.

1) Use first person. I recommend… My family loves… My pet Dachshund can’t live without…
Using first person turns your lens lens into a personal review or recommendation.

2) Add content. Provide your reader with valuable insight, stats, uniques reviews and personal recommendations.

3) Use your own photos. Using your own photos provides a unique perspective. Something more than just the stock product image.

4) Add a Duel Module. Duels provide your reader an opportunity to share their own reviews.

5) Share your knowledge. Do you know how to bake a chocolate pie or crochet a sweater or find the best antiques? Share the things that YOU are knowledgeable about.

Now it’s YOUR turn. Share your own tip on what makes a lens valuable.

Image Credit

A Halloween Treat From Lensmaster Grammieo

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 01:44 PM PDT

grammieoHalloween is a time of fun and frolic!

It’s a time to let your inner child out and play just a little bit.

Dressing up is something that everyone likes to do at some time in their lives, so why not go all out on the night of nights when you can meet anyone from a zombie to an astronaut!

Have some fun, it’s not against the rules, you know! ~grammieo

 

Halloween, the time to let your inner child out!

 Halloween, the time to let your inner child out!

That last day in October is one that is looked forward to by kids and grown ups alike. What other day of the year can you pretend to be whatever you want to be? And get away with it! Never mind trying to get away with it, on Halloween we are encouraged to…

Thanks for sharing the Halloween fun grammieo! It sure helps to get us into the spirit of the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment