Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


A Few College Necessities

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 06:57 AM PDT

Dorm Room Decorating Ideas

1. Dorm Room Decorating Ideas

There are many dorm room decorating ideas that can be done when the kids start college and while some focus on ‘chic, elegant and fun’, the main idea for many people is to make the room functional, with lots of space (even when there seems to be none) in a…

How to Manage Without Your Mom at College

2. How to Manage Without Your Mom at College

This is such an important step for a young adult. Before Mom tended to do everything for you – from making sure you got up on time, had your lunch and handed your homework in on time. Now you are on your own – but it is a great start to finally being an ad…

A Passion For Life - What College Can Offer

3. A Passion For Life – What College Can Offer

College is a great place to hone your skills, to increase your earning potential, and to validate your knowledge and interests. It is also the best place to learn more about you: how you respond under pressure, how you handle competition, how you multitask…

Lava Lamps - Choose Vintage

4. Lava Lamps – Choose Vintage

Stereo? Check. TV? Check. Lava lamp? If you don’t have a lava lamp for your dorm room yet, you need to get one today! But don’t just go out and buy just any lamp. Lava lamps are not all the same quality! They just aren’t made the way they used to be, so I…

Tuna Fish - Necessity for College

5. Tuna Fish – Necessity for College

Every college student MUST acquire or take a stack of cans of tuna fish to college. This is an absolute requirement! You simply cannot survive without it. It is cheap, nutritious, and you just have to have your daily ration of mercury, you know! Tuna fish…

Lens of the Day: Kid-Friendly Green Popsicle Recipes

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 05:35 AM PDT

The Winning Lens from Our Book Club Favorite Author Quest (and some runners up)

Posted: 29 Jul 2013 09:51 AM PDT

book club logoToday’s Lens of the Day, My Tribute to Ray Bradbury by lensmaster adragast was voted the winning lens from our most recent Squidoo Book Club Quest.

As usual, the Book Club members created some truly awesome and interesting lenses for this quest. We’ve featured a few of the runners up here but be sure to visit the quest lens, Squidoo Book Club Quest: Favorite Author, where you’ll find all of the entries. There’s a lot of great authors to read about there.

And if you love books and reading as much as we do, why not join the club?

Learn more HERE.

 

On the Wings of a Pig: John Steinbeck

1. On the Wings of a Pig: John Steinbeck

This reference to a pig is not intended to be derogatory: it is part of a motto John Steinbeck used throughout his adult life: Ad Astra Per Alia Porci – Latin for ‘To the stars on the wings of a pig. ‘ He was referring to himself: a ‘lumbering soul trying…

Stephen King, My Favorite Author

2. Stephen King, My Favorite Author

I read, a lot. Most people know that about me. When people ask me who my favorite author is, I never hesitate to give them the answer. My favorite author is Stephen King. Yep, that makes me feel a little cliche sometimes. As a reader of horror fiction it s…

eecummings

3. How E. E. Cummings’ Poems Changed My Life

I guess I first read E. E. Cummings poems at the perfect, formative time in my life. His imagination got in my head in a way that nobody else ever could. He was just so free and loaded with passion and values. I think I learned more about how to write from…

Why Christopher Paolini is My Writing Inspiration

4. Why Christopher Paolini is My Writing Inspiration

Every writer needs inspiration, and I found mine in fantasy author Christopher Paolini, author of the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon, Eldest, Brisinger and Inheritance). Whether it be his life story or his home, he has helped me to become a better writer, while…

Shel Silverstein: More Than a Childen's Author

5. Shel Silverstein: More Than a Childen’s Author

About twelve years ago my oldest daughter brought home a book that changed the way I viewed the world. I have always loved poetry. I enjoyed reading it and writing it. Poe’s dark style appealed to the darker aspects of my nature and Plath’s comparison of h…

No comments:

Post a Comment