Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Introducing KatiesCrochetGoodies

Posted: 31 Jul 2013 07:15 AM PDT

Today we’re pleased to introduce Katie, KatiesCrochetGoodies on Squidoo. She’s really hit the ground running, staying very busy creating some terrific lenses already (hint – they’re not all about crochet). I’ll let her tell you more about herself, then make sure you take time to visit her profile page to choose a few lenses to check out. You’ll be glad you did!

What brought you to Squidoo? I had never heard of Squidoo until my friend Michelle mentioned that she had been creating lenses for a few years, her Squidoo name is Michelle89. It seemed like a very interesting concept and I was intrigued. She mentioned that I would do well with a Squidoo account considering I love to craft and crochet. I figured I would give it a shot and started with my first lens the next day.

Your Squidoo name gives a hint at a couple of your favorite lens topics, crochet and crafting. Are there any surprise topics you have planned for future lenses? My Squidoo name originated from my Facebook Crochet page Katie’s Crochet Goodies. I share ideas on there so I figured it would be a great way to connect Squidoo and Facebook and get more traffic to my lenses. Two of my favorite things to do include crocheting and crafting. I also have my degree in Elementary Education and have a passion for creative ways to help students learn. I am just getting into sewing and have a feeling there will be lots of tutorials to come in all of those areas, and many more. I have a list of possible lens ideas which is constantly getting longer. I hope you will all keep an eye on my lenses.

What can Squidoo do for you? Squidoo is a great outlet for me to get all of my ideas and passions out there for everyone to enjoy. I see this as a challenge and can't wait for my first sale…I haven't gone a day without logging on! I think that will be a huge day to celebrate! J I love watching my points and levels increase and I am excited to see what is in store for me.

Lens of the Day: Climbing Mount Bierstadt

Posted: 31 Jul 2013 05:48 AM PDT

New “Back To School” Topics

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 05:26 PM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-07-10 at 2.17.16 PMThe kids are heading back to school and now is a great time to create a “Back to School” lens so we’ve added some topics under Parenting & Kids called Back to School with these sub sub topics:

Back to School Supplies

Back to School Activites

Back to School Clothes

Back to School Dorm Decor

Have fun!

RocketSquids: Celebrating Christmas in July

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 03:47 PM PDT

We wanted to get our RocketSquids in a seasonal lensmaking frame of mind, so last week’s assignment was to make a “Christmas in July” lens.

We all had a lot of fun with this assignment and wanted to share the results with you. Here are a few lenses to get you started. Visit the rest at this link.

P.S. Are you new to Squidoo? Have fewer than 25 lenses and want to master the basics? We’d love to have you join us on RocketSquids.  Click here to apply.

Christmas Music: New Traditions

1. Christmas Music: New Traditions

Above all else, for me Christmas means sharing and building and strengthening ties with people. And for me, in the work that I do, that means building community through music. Christmas music has always been some of my favourite music. I recall being so ex…

She's Hooked - on Mini Crochet Stockings as Christmas Gifts (Pattern)

2. She’s Hooked – on Mini Crochet Stockings as Christmas Gifts (Pattern)

Do you wish you could give homemade Christmas gifts to each of your students in school or Bible school class or to a group you are in but are unsure of what to make? If you know some crochet basics, you can easily make these cute little stockings in a rela…

Planning for Christmas in July

3. Planning for Christmas in July

Every year I tell myself, either right after Christmas or in July, I need to plan ahead so all my gift buying or crafting doesn’t happen all in one month. Not only can this be expensive, it is also crazy making and stressful. Years ago a friend of mine sho…

Christmas dinner ideas for a stress free day

4. Christmas dinner ideas for a stress free day

I have never enjoyed cooking for a big holiday like Christmas. It has always been a stressful day preparing dinner, making sure everything was just right, and waiting for the guest to arrive. I believe most of the stress came from my not being organized. P…

Tour a Gallery of Hawaiian Holiday Wreaths

5. Tour a Gallery of Hawaiian Holiday Wreaths

Travel back in time to Christmas 2006 on the Big Island of Hawaii. The Volcano Art Center Gallery is hosting its 7th annual Invitational Wreath Exhibit at Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park. Wander among unique Christmas wreaths created by Island artists and…

Main Photo Credit

Using the new score card to help you create new lenses.

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 01:18 PM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-07-24 at 4.25.07 PMA couple of weeks ago we released a new score card to help you gauge the quality of your lenses. A lot of people have been asking me how this “score” relates to brand new lenses. Meaning if a new lens scores a 100…is it really a good lens?

The answer is yes…with some explanation.

The purpose of the score card is to give you some key guidelines to follow. Things like keyword density, Amazon link limits and overall lens quality. Of course a computer review can’t always determine high quality but we’re pretty confidant that when all of the components on the score card are met you’ve got a good lens.

If you are a Giant Squid and create a brand new lens and it scores a 100 you’ve got a hit on your hands 99% of the time. The likely hood of a new Giant Squid lens being flagged, locked or warned with a score of 100 is pretty low. Our Giant Squids have been creating new lenses under the new quality standards for some time now and their work is top notch.

If you are a NOT Giant Squid (or fairly new) and create a brand new lens and it scores a 100 you’ve probably got a hit on your hands. Most of our newbies are creating some excellent work. If your lens does happened to get flagged by a hand reviewer you’ll probably be able to fix it pretty easily. Most newer Squids gets flagged because of thin content or excessive “ugly buttons” both of which can be easily fixed. If you have under 25 lenses please do join us in RocketSquids (our lensmaking university). You’ll learn the ropes, get some great tips and learn how to create quality lenses in a group setting. You can join RocketSquids right here. Many of our RocketSquid graduates go on to be Giant Squids.

BUT there are a few exceptions. If your lens contains a TOS violation like ’doorway’ lenses that exist solely to promote an affiliate program or a SquidDon’t like MLM, Gambling lenses, Downloading movies and commercial coloring pages your lens could get locked. However most lensmasters are unlikely to ever be in this situation.

Also keep in mind that if you edit your lens and you go below a score of 100 your lens could get flagged on publish.

The bottom line is that we WANT to keep your new lenses live and featured. The purpose of the score card is to give you a solid guide for quality and the new standards.

Here’s some quality lenses that we’re just published and scored a 100!

An Ex Pen For Your Dog
The Corvette Just Tuned 60
Paint Your Own Kids Banks
Concerts I’ve Attended

The Winning Lens from our Healthy Recipes GoodVeg Quest (and some runners up)

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 11:22 AM PDT

greenpopCongratulations to lensmaster BunnyFabulous for winning the most recent GoodVeg quest challenge. You can see her Kid-Friendly Green Popsicle Recipes lens featured as today’s Lens of the Day.

With all of the great lenses entered, this vote was the closest it’s ever been and there were a lot of truly yummy recipes entered so if you’re into vegetarian eating or simply just looking for something for a healthy meatless Monday, be sure to check them all out at GoodVeg Club Quest: Your Healthiest Veg Recipes.

Thank you to all who entered and voted!

Here’s a few of the luscious lenses to get your appetite going.

 

Best Potato Salad Recipes

1. Best Potato Salad Recipes

Potatoes have been around for a long time. A staple food that can be baked, grilled, fried, or mashed. And although I love potatoes that are prepared in all of those ways, my very favorite way to enjoy potatoes is in a good old fashioned potato salad. I re…

Caprese Pasta Salad in a Jar

2. Caprese Pasta Salad in a Jar

If you want to capture the taste of summer in a jar, try this easy and delicious recipe for Caprese pasta salad. It includes my favorite combination of basil, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella. Pack a couple of jars in a picnic lunch, and you are ready to enj…

Vegan Brownies To Die For

3. Vegan Brownies To Die For

I have always had a soft spot for delicious thick and gooey brownies that were made from the richest of chocolates. Well, with these brownies you can have all that I just described without having to worry about them being high in calories and fat. For you…

Kiwi Shortcakes a Dessert Recipe for Delicious and Nutritious Treats

4. Kiwi Shortcakes a Dessert Recipe for Delicious and Nutritious Treats

Kiwi shortcake is a delicious and nutritious dessert recipe I make for my family. have always loved shortcakes and my mother taught me how to bake them when I was very young. When we made them we usually topped them with strawberries. Now for my family I m…

Healthy & Easy Oven Baked Vegetables

5. Healthy & Easy Oven Baked Vegetables

I would like to share a very easy recipe for roasted vegetables. I have been making adaptations of this 9X13 vegetable casserole for 15+ years, and I want to give you a nice base to start off with. You can adapt this recipe to suit your own tastes; however…

No comments:

Post a Comment