Thursday, July 4, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Editor for the Day: TheCureForYouthMinistry features The Constitution

Posted: 04 Jul 2013 05:18 AM PDT

cueforAmerica’s greatest document is the Constitution. The Constitution is the basis of all other documents. and we know so little of it. Why? Is it because we do not care? No, I think, to be honest, it’s because we are all a little lazy.

Here’s your chance to prove me wring. I have collected nine pretty good lenses that break down the constitution and it various parts, and one really good We The People t-shirt lens to reward yourself for reading the other nine.These lenses will take your level of knowledge and interest in the Constitution to the next level. Enjoy your freedom(s). ~ TheCureForYouthMinistry

 

Constitution Lesson Plans for 8th Grade American History

1. Constitution Lesson Plans for 8th Grade American History

My first year teaching I was dying to see other teachers’ plan books, but most of them were either blank or didn’t seem suitable for our students (‘high- risk’ with poor reading skills). After teaching American history to 8th graders for a few years, I’ve…

Banning Prayer in Public School

2. Banning Prayer in Public School

This is a photo of a little girl saying a prayer over her school lunch. It was taken in 1936 when children were still allowed to say prayers in public schools in the US. Thanks to some Supreme Court decisions in 1962 and 1963, they are no longer allowed to…

Education on the Constitution and Bill Of Rights - What Do You Know?

3. Education on the Constitution and Bill Of Rights – What Do You Know?

This is a great place to learn more about the United States Constitution and the Bill Of Rights. It’s your choice to educate yourself, your family, your friends, neighbors and everyone you can about this subject. As our rights are being washed away with ea…

US Constitution Unit Study

4. US Constitution Unit Study

As young future American voters, children need to learn about forms of government, laws, and choices we can make in America. The following is a unit my children and I studied to help them make wise decisions in the coming years. I hope you have as much fun…

Quiz: How Much Do You Know About What the United States Constitution Says?

5. Quiz: How Much Do You Know About What the United States Constitution Says?

It’s the law of the land, and all the other laws are subject to it. Have you read it as an adult? It’s amazing how much we think we know about what it says because of what we’ve heard in the media or been taught at school. Not everything we read and hear i…

The Constitution and President George Washington Lesson

6. The Constitution and President George Washington Lesson

This a hands- on lesson plan on the the Constitution and President George Washington. Dance a minuet, cook and eat Nelly’s Hoecakes, go on a ‘fox hunt’, make a Constitution tree, and more! This lesson follows my 6 part unit on the American War for Independ…

Discover the Bill of Rights

7. Discover the Bill of Rights

Congress of the United States begun and held at the City of New- York, on Wednesday the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine. THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed…

 

 

constit8. Violations of the U.S. Constitution Under The Guise Of National Security And Fighting Terrorism

The U.S. Constitution has stood for two centuries as the defining document of our government and to change that would take a monumental event. There is quite…

Ratified on June 21st, 1788, The Constitution of The United States is one of the most important documents in human history. Since then it has served as a blueprint for the freedom that we enjoy as Americans. Today,

Happy 4th of July!

Posted: 04 Jul 2013 05:15 AM PDT

Local Fireworks Displays and Fireworks Pictures

1. Local Fireworks Displays and Fireworks Pictures

Most large cities and many small towns celebrate July 4th with a huge fireworks display. Large displays are fabulous, but expensive. Happily, with grants and the support of local businesses, many towns, both big and small, are able to put on fireworks disp…

Patriotic Deviled Eggs Recipe

2. Patriotic Deviled Eggs Recipe

Make jazzy deviled eggs in red, white, and blue, with a spicy filling. Impress everybody at your Fourth of July or Memorial Day picnic! I love deviled eggs and make them for every party. The tray always comes back clean and people beg for more. So I wanted…

Help your child with Autism have a happy 4th of July

3. Help your child with Autism have a happy 4th of July

Kids with autism can easily become overwhelmed during holiday events due to sensory over load. When a child with autism experiences a sensory overload, they shut down. Usually the child will become even more challenging to communicate with and may just ‘fl…

Famous People Born On July 4

4. Famous People Born On July 4

A Quiz about famous people born on July 4. Some notable Americans, from many walks of life and professions, have been born on the nation’s birthday. Can you guess who these ten famous men and women are from the following clues about their lives and accom…

4th of July Cookout Recipes

5. 4th of July Cookout Recipes

There are thousands of 4th of July cookout recipes out there on the web, but sometimes you wonder if they’ve actually been tested. Has the writer even attempted to make this recipe before? All of the recipes on this page have been tested and made by the ta.

Lens of the Day: July 4th, How to Plan a Party on a Budget

Posted: 04 Jul 2013 05:07 AM PDT

Editor for the Day: Vladi features Lenses about Cats

Posted: 03 Jul 2013 11:55 AM PDT

vladiThere’s never enough attention given to cats! Too many times we’re passed over for that other house companion, the dog, but I intend to put a stop to that.

So, in the interest of all feline friends, I’m sharing with you the stories of these much-loved cats and their dedicated human staff.

High Paw to them all! ~  Vladi

 

 

White Cats Can't Jump - How One Cat Found His Inner Catness

1. White Cats Can’t Jump – How One Cat Found His Inner Catness

If you remember the movie, ‘White Men Can’t Jump,’ it was based on a stereotype that a white man could not play basketball well. Borrowing on that theme, I dedicate this lens to my cat, Wileykat, who is a ‘special needs’ cat. Wiley came to live with us abo…

Little Black Cat - Ebony

2. Little Black Cat – Ebony

This is the story of Ebony, a little black cat who adopted me and shared her life with us for more than 10 years. This lens is a memorial tribute to a fiesty black cat – Ebony passed over the Rainbow Bridge several years ago, but she’s still with us in spi…

Life with a British Shorthair Cat

3. Life with a British Shorthair Cat

Mina009 commented on my bio, wondering how a cat could say ‘no’ to having a dog in the house. To begin to understand that, you need to meet Rumblebuffin. He’s a dude, and he rocks it. This is his worldview: the day to day life of a slightly spoilt, very cu…

MY FERAL CAT named KITTY

4. MY FERAL CAT named KITTY

Our Feral cats’ name, is ‘Kitty’ (sometimes I call her Kitty Mitzka. ) She came into our lives on a drizzly cold day Sept. 2007. visiting our second floor deck to eat the seeds out of a bird dish. The first time I opened the door she flew off the deck, I r…

Hi, I'm Soprano

5. Hi, I’m Soprano

I’m making this page about my cat because everyone likes to read about other people’s pets. My cat is gorgeous and very tough. He has to be, he lives with two Pit Bull Mixes. Like my dogs, he’s a rescue animal. We got him at the Humane Society. He was abou…

Margaret's Cats

6. Margaret’s Cats

A lens about my many cats. How I started with two and ended up with eight. You might call me the crazy cat lady on the block, but just don’t call me late for supper! Don’t call the cats late either. they get testy when they’re hungry. Cat owners, please te…

Me And My Pet Cats

7. Me And My Pet Cats

As far back as I can remember there have always been cats in my life. When I was growing up there were always a cat around the house and sometimes kittens too. My brother and I used to love playing with the kittens, they were so cute and cuddly. We often h…

My Cats

8. My Cats

This lens is dedicated to my 2 cats, Brownie and Mui Mui. It was 4pm on a Sunday afternoon on July 2001. Me and my boyfriend (now husband) was on the way to my mom’s place. We went to a wet market near our place because my husband wanted to withdraw some m…

Odan the Three Legged Cat and The Crazy Cat Lady

9. Odan the Three Legged Cat and The Crazy Cat Lady

Such a sweet face! Odan’s sweet- faced countenance is a great reminder that looks can be deceiving. His nicknames do not include Mr. Ornery and Trouble I with no reason. And yet . . . he assists me in so many everyday tasks! Once upon a time in a place I k…

My Cats Memories

10. My Cats Memories

These are the cats that I have owned or babysit. I loved them and they kept me company while I was doing my degree in Australia. I used to have a website with geocities that wrote about my cats while I was in Australia. Even since I have graduate from my u…

Congratulations to our June Food Club Quest Winner (and see some of the runners up)

Posted: 03 Jul 2013 10:36 AM PDT

foodclub logoCongratulations to lensmaster Tvyps!

His lens The Soda Jerk wasn’t a Jerk! was chosen the winner of our Squidoo Food Club Quest for June.

For collecting the most votes from our Food club members, he’ll receive a $25.00 Amazon.com gift card and the lens is also being featured as today’s Lens of the Day.

Here’s a quick link so you can see it now followed by 3 of the lenses that were runners up in the voting.

 

The Soda Jerk wasn't a Jerk!

 The Soda Jerk wasn’t a Jerk!

June 30 is National Ice Cream Soda Day so what better way to celebrate than to honor the Soda Jerk! The Soda Jerk was a national fixture for almost 40 years in the United States and other countries. They were in every drugstore and in many department store…

Secret soy sauce chicken wings recipe

1. Secret soy sauce chicken wings recipe

These easy sticky soy sauce chicken wings always make me so proud that I am even wondering whether I should be sharing my recipe with you! Now, the fact is I have kept this recipe as a secret for several years, as I have constantly dazzled and amazed with…

Healthy Vegetable Soup Recipe with Cannellini Beans and Chicken Sausage — My New Favorite Lunch!

2. Healthy Vegetable Soup Recipe with Cannellini Beans and Chicken Sausage — My New Favorite Lunch!

If you’ve read some of my other recipe articles, you know I love desserts! But I’ve also started paying more attention to my health and nutrition. I enjoy cooking, but at lunchtime I just want to grab something quick and easy but also tasty and healthy. I…

German Chocolate Birthday Cake

3. German Chocolate Birthday Cake

A tasty distinctive dark chocolate flavor is German Chocolate. This chocolate makes for a great cake. It is topped with a coconut pecan frosting and used for filling between layers. You won’t want to miss trying this cake! Ever since I was little this has…

I’d like to thank all of the Club members who participated either by making a new lens or by taking their time to vote.

We received lots of terrific lenses filled with June inspired recipes. Please do stop by the Quest lens to see them all and to learn how you can join this delicious club.

No comments:

Post a Comment