Monday, July 8, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Psst…If you’re looking for an example of a quality lens…follow me…

Posted: 08 Jul 2013 06:08 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 12.12.57 PMWe talk (and write) a lot about what makes a quality lens but it’s so much better to SHOW you.

Please do check out all 28 lenses from the IMMINENT challenge this week right here: http://hq.squidoo.com/squid-news/imminent-the-unwrapped-highlight-reel/.

These lenses are passionate, useful, original and very well constructed. They also use Amazon modules to recommend products like this, this and this. We LOVE this!

IMMINENT! The Unwrapped Highlight Reel…

Posted: 08 Jul 2013 05:58 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 8.53.53 AMThis week the Giant Squids “unwrapped” a mystery, taught a skill, showed a behind-the-scenes look at something they love.

These lenses are really, really, really good and that’s why we picked a whole bunch this week. The lenses we didn’t pick for the highlight reel were amazing too we just simply did have room for all of them.

Enjoy!

Only Giant Squids get to participate in the IMMINENT! challenges. Not a Giant Squid yet? Don't miss out on the fun…check out the Giant Squid program right here.

Image Credit

The Love Story of my Mom and Dad

1. The Love Story of my Mom and Dad

My mom and dad got married on October 21, 1939, just before the start of World War 2. Not the most romantic time for a young couple, but they had fallen in love a few years before and they didn’t want to wait any longer. I’ll start with a little history ab…

Building a Movie Set, Transcendence

2. Building a Movie Set, Transcendence

This week my town is being converted to an old (practically) abandoned ghost town. Today is the 4th of July, and while most Americans are eating BBQ burgers, and anticipating tonight’s fireworks show, the set designers of the Movie, Transcendence, are hard…

Unwrapping the Myths and Advice for People with Asperger's at Work

3. Unwrapping the Myths and Advice for People with Asperger’s at Work

I discovered after many years in the workforce, that the majority of challenges I face are because of Asperger’s Syndrome and the unique way in which my brain is wired. As someone who has carved out an eclectic career path spanning 20+ years, it is with mu…

Combining Ceramics with Linocut and Stencils

4. Combining Ceramics with Linocut and Stencils

Usually I make abstract sculptural ceramics, but occasionally I take a side road at making bowls. Not that these bowls can be used to put something in, because I always tend to make objects, but the starting point is better known to some people than my abs…

Richard III King Under A Leicester Car Park

5. Richard III King Under A Leicester Car Park

In the summer of 2012 archaeologists at the University of Leicester embarked on a search for King Richard III’s remains. It seemed unlikely that they would find King Richard III, the last of the Plantagenet Kings under a city council car park, but with som…

Behind the Scenes Peek at the Making of My Freehand Crochet Zoo Animal Blanket

6. Behind the Scenes Peek at the Making of My Freehand Crochet Zoo Animal Blanket

Come with me as I create a new Animal Crochet Blanket for my niece. Something she can cherish forever. This is in fact the first blanket I have crocheted. I going to share with you my ideas and inspiration for creating new crochet projects, and I will also…

Abney and Teal Party

7. Abney and Teal Party

Would your child love an Abney and Teal party for their birthday? Don’t be put off by a lack of ideas and supplies online – I threw one for my daughter’s 3rd birthday and have put together this complete guide to help you do the same! If your kids love the…

How Horseshoe Crabs Help Humans

8. How Horseshoe Crabs Help Humans

It’s hard to believe that these crusty creatures from the sea have helped many humans throughout history. Horseshoe crabs have been living since the age of the dinosaurs and although they may have changed slightly since those days long ago, I have learned…

Let's Make a Halloween Necklace and Bracelet Set

9. Let’s Make a Halloween Necklace and Bracelet Set

Even as I type this in the heat of July I know Halloween will be here soon enough. Pumpkins will be carved, decorations hung and costumes bought, but what about crafting jewelry? This project is extremely simple, perfect for beginners or seasoned beaders f…

An Inside Look at a Young Entrepreneur and Her Lemonade Dispenser

10. An Inside Look at a Young Entrepreneur and Her Lemonade Dispenser

Any day is a great day for a glass of fresh lemonade, and one young entrepreneur has found a way to increase her lemonade sales and her profits. My daughter has seen great success with her lemonade stands this Summer, and has taken steps to stand out from…

Turon fried banana eggrolls

11. Turon fried banana eggrolls

Turón is a fried plantain banana in a springroll wrapper and coated with caramelized sugar popular in the Philippines and usually eaten as a snack or dessert. It is a common street food sold along bus and bike routes. Turón is very much the fusion of Spa…

What happens to a LOTD? Unwrapped!

12. What happens to a LOTD? Unwrapped!

LOTD, I’m sure you all know mean Lens of the Day. It is, in my opinion the highest medal of appreciation that Squidoo can give you. So why strive and work to create one? On this page I will unwrap the mysteries as to what happens when you get this prestigi…

Life In A Printing Shop's Bindery

13. Life In A Printing Shop’s Bindery

Take a look around. See all that printed paper? Everything – from notepads to brochures to those forms you filled out to buy your house – had to be printed somewhere. And not just printed: after it comes off the press, it still has to be put into finished…

How To Wear A Bib Necklace With Style

14. How To Wear A Bib Necklace With Style

A Bib Necklace is a grand statement accessory for women. It is bold, colorful and can easily turn your outfit from night to day, from casual to party instantly and effortlessly. It is versatile and exciting. If you have not tried one before, you should. A…

Tales a Cedar Box Tells

15. Tales a Cedar Box Tells

I liked the idea of putting my very special things in cedar: something that connoted ‘keepsake’, something that connoted ‘valuable’. I was happy to take the local furniture store up on its offer. I believe that all the graduates of my high school received…

Building a Church Website

16. Building a Church Website

As with any Faith Based group, Churches and their ‘followers’ like to know what is happening in their faith based community. How do you do this at your group? Most of the time, faith based organizations are always looking at ways in which to invite new peo…

Potato Chips - Why Can't You Eat Just One

17. Potato Chips – Why Can’t You Eat Just One

Okay, I’ll admit it! There have been times in my life, many times in fact, when I’ve overindulged while eating potato chips. The salty taste and crunchy texture always leaves my taste buds craving for more and so I have another and another and still yet an…

Climb Seattle's Volunteer Park Water Tower to the Observatory Up At The Top

18. Climb Seattle’s Volunteer Park Water Tower to the Observatory Up At The Top

Driving in on the Main Entrance, at the south side of Volunteer Park you might miss the observation tower that houses a city water tank, although you’re heading right towards the highrise dark red brick structure. Turning right onto the circular drive one…

Unveiling my story

19. Unveiling my story

Thank you for unwrapping my story! I hope you will like the sampling of what I have written so far, as I have fought with myself deciding if I’d like to unveil a page or 2 of a story I started writing in 2011. Lately I’ve been stuck on it as I need to revi…

Uncovering a Gluten Free Meal In A Fast Food Restaurant

20. Uncovering a Gluten Free Meal In A Fast Food Restaurant

We all know that eating at a fast food restaurant is not the healthiest choice especially for those who need gluten free recipes. Sometimes time and circumstances give you no other choice. The question then arises which food are the best choice for a glute…

An Insider's Look at Life on a World War II Navy Ship

21. An Insider’s Look at Life on a World War II Navy Ship

I’m sitting on the floor, flipping through photo albums, looking at photos of my father. I miss him. He passed away seven years ago at the age of 84. My dad died of esophageal cancer, which was actually attributed, as were a number of health problems over…

Playing the Piano

22. Playing the Piano

These are little things I learned about playing the piano, mastering it, learning to play well, and so forth, over the years. As I think of new things, I will add them. No special classification for these, they’re just random useful items. Some of these ar…

Build a Cat Enclosure

23. Build a Cat Enclosure

You might call it a cat enclosure, a cat exercise area, even a cat run, but my aunt calls her’s the Kitty Pen. Whatever the name, it provides a safe outdoor area for your cat. This isn’t something you can buy in a box, you need to build one. The size and c…

Discovering 1st Lt. Clinton Coburn

24. Discovering 1st Lt. Clinton Coburn

It wasn’t until the early 1990s that I discovered my grandmother had an uncle who had been killed in World War 1. As the story was passed down, he and a handful of American soldiers held off a large group of Germans long enough for an entire town to escape…

How to Make Foot Jewelry

25. How to Make Foot Jewelry

Barefoot sandals, foot jewelry or toe thongs, call them whatever you want because they have this in common, they make your foot look beautiful. This jewelry is worn at the beach, at home and with lingerie. It’s worn at beach weddings and formal or inform…

How To Repair A Cracked Or Leaky Aquarium

26. How To Repair A Cracked Or Leaky Aquarium

Almost anytime I have done research into repairing a leaky aquarium I have come across this advice: buy a new aquarium and get rid of the leaky one. Since I have always been a do- it- myself kind of guy, I figured that there must be a better (not to mentio…

Preparing for a Horse Show

27. Preparing for a Horse Show

Getting a horse ready for a horse show is exhausting! There’s so much to do to prepare. Before I had a horse, I had no idea what people went through getting a horse and rider ready. I’m here to give you a behind the scenes look at what it takes to get a ho…

Lens of the Day: The Double Life of My Amazing Pet Tortoise

Posted: 08 Jul 2013 05:24 AM PDT

No comments:

Post a Comment