Thursday, August 15, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Introducing susan-zutautas

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 07:11 AM PDT

Today we are pleased to formally introduce susan-zutautas. She’s quite active on Squidoo, including RocketSquids, so she may not be a stranger to you. Now it’s time to get to know her better.

How did you find Squidoo? For almost the past three years I'd been writing articles at HubPages. When my sister in law Christy_ Rose started writing on Squidoo she kept telling me what a great site Squidoo was, how friendly & supportive the writers were, and she encouraged me to join. Actually she hounded me almost on a daily basis. I wrote my first lens and got a feel for the site. After a few days I was totally hooked. I guess one would now call me a squidaholic.

You say that writing and cooking are two of your passions, so it’s not surprising to see all of your yummy recipe lenses – plus a few others. Anything new coming up on your lensmaking list? I'm not really a niche type writer. I enjoy writing about health issues that I have experienced myself or have seen family members go through. Having a love for animals I enjoy writing about my dogs, and may write a few lenses about them or recipes that I’ve come up with for healthy dog treats. With Christmas coming soon I hope to write about the festive season.

What can Squidoo do for you? Squidoo has already done so much for me already. When I first started writing online six years ago I never in my wildest imagination thought that people would be interested in anything that I had to say or write about. For the past year or so my faith in myself as an online writer has slowly weakened. Up until about five weeks ago I was ready to throw in the towel and quit writing online all together. Squidoo has restored the passion within me to continue writing.

Lens of the Day: My Home in the Ethiopian Highlands

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 05:24 AM PDT

We’ve Retired Some Old Modules

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 07:20 PM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-07-10 at 2.17.16 PMToday we retired a bunch of older modules (about 75 to be exact), some were broken, some outdated and some that just weren’t very popular over the years. Modules like: NBA Blazers Fan Widget, Movie Listings, Tick Tock, Google Buzz, Conan O’Brien videos, Top Chef Blogs, Washington Post Issue Tracker, Cost of the War in Iraq, Homer Simpson Quotes, the Weather Widget and a few more.

Most newer lensmasters probably never even tried the more obscure modules on the list.

However, if one of these modules appeared on your lens it will simply disappear so there’s no need to do anything on your end. We’re flushing the code for these modules over the next day or two so you might see them showing up until the end of the week or so.

The good news is that removing these modules will streamline the lensmaking process a great deal.

3 Halloween Lensmaking Tips from lensmaster Stuwaha

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 01:22 PM PDT

eyeball1. The Halloween theme is one of the best Squidoo has ever introduced so take advantage of it and make sure you set all black boxes to “theme” instead of black

2. Use lots of pictures (especially for a tutorial). Halloween is a very visually inspiring holiday and people love fun, dark imagery.

3. If you are making a craft lens and you can make the colors coordinate with the Squidoo Halloween theme, go for it. That’s why I showcased the brown eye primarily. I thought that it made the whole page tie together more completely. ~Stuwaha

Visit Stuwaha’s lens: Make Eyeball Ornaments For Halloween to see these tips in action.

Nominate a lens for the Squidoo Home Page!

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 11:25 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 2.15.23 PM
I’m looking for about 200 more lenses to add to the Squidoo Home Page. I just added about 30 new lenses this morning but I need YOUR help! Nominate lenses that you love right here: https://squidoo.wufoo.com/forms/nominate-a-lens-for-the-squidoo-home-page/.

Thanks for making our home page look amazing for Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment