Monday, August 19, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Lens of the Day: Things You Need for College plus Gifts Every Student Wants

Posted: 19 Aug 2013 05:35 AM PDT

IMMINENT! “Things That Are Orange” Highlight Reel

Posted: 19 Aug 2013 05:16 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-08-18 at 8.15.40 PMThe Giant Squids went “Orange” this week with a great assortment of lenses about things that are orange including the awesome “Pumpkin Poop” in the intro photo to the right by CorrinnaJohnson.

These lenses win a ticket in the IMMINENT! raffle AND we also added a bunch to the Squidoo home page.

Only Giant Squids get to participate in the IMMINENT! challenges. Not a Giant Squid yet? Don't miss out on the fun…check out the Giant Squid program right here.

 

 

 

A Perfect Orange Day1. A Perfect Orange Day

Out of the night, a perfect day begins with a small sliver of orange peeping above the horizon. Then slowly that small piece of brightness grows into a big orange ball, eliminating the darkness and bringing warmth to all it shines upon. And a new day dawns…

Orange You Glad*...

2. Orange You Glad*…

Orange is an odd one – never my first choice of color – except for pumpkins and that just seems right, somehow. ;- ) Since musical instruments are ‘my thang’, I started researching and I began to realize that there are quite a few absolutely gorgeous instr…

Orange Flowering Plants

3. Orange Flowering Plants

For a pop of color in your garden, look no further than any orange flowering plant. I’ve planted both orange and red in my garden, and red doesn’t catch the eye like orange does. I think you’ll be surprised how many plants fit this description. I’ve given…

Make Halloween Pebble Magnets With Air Dry Clay

4. Make Halloween Pebble Magnets With Air Dry Clay

I have long admired artists who paint on stones and I wanted to give the craft a try myself. The trouble was, I didn’t have any stones, so I made a batch with air dry clay. I then turned my creations into magnets and the project went so well that I decided…

Peachie Shortcake With Ginger Orange Cardamon Sauce

5. Peachie Shortcake With Ginger Orange Cardamon Sauce

The taste of my ginger orange cardamon sauce on fresh peach shortcake is one of those favorite Summer memories. I’ve made it easy for you to duplicate this easy dessert for your seasonal table too. For this dish I’ve used white peaches, but warm golden fru…

Things to do with the Color O*R*A*N*G*E

6. Things to do with the Color O*R*A*N*G*E

As you go through the word orange you will see each one is different. Each one has followed its own path. But each one letter ties in to one word and that word helps tie into the family. As each activity can be done with or for members of your family. All…

Yummy Orange Candies

7. Yummy Orange Candies

The theme of this quest is the color orange, so I decided to do a lens on orange candies. There are many orange candies out there, including Mike and Ike’s, Mellowcremes, M & M’s, Reese’s Pieces and Candy Corn. Check out this lens and vote for your fav…

Home Hair and Beauty Disasters

8. Home Hair and Beauty Disasters

Ever had a hair disaster? Ever had a self tan nightmare? With teenage girls in our house we’ve had more than our fair share of home beauty disasters. I still feel a little nauseous when I think back to my Rockabilly phase and the super- cool cut I had plan…

Fun Ways to Cut a Mango for Eating as a Flower or a Hedgehog

9. Fun Ways to Cut a Mango for Eating as a Flower or a Hedgehog

Mangoes are one of those healthy treats that with a bit of creative slicing can be turned into fun to eat treat. As an excellent source of Vitamins C (anti- oxidants), Vitamin A (Beta- carotene) and copper and a good source of Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, along…

The Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone

10. The Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone

Having just returned from the trip of a lifetime which included a six day visit to both the Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks in Wyoming, I came across a wealth of nature’s wondrous beauty. This was the perfect place for anyone keen on wildlife, n…

Mango Macadamia Nut Cream Pie

11. Mango Macadamia Nut Cream Pie

What could be better than mangoes and cream? How about mangoes and cream in a roasted macadamia nut crust? It’s mango season in Hawaii, and as soon as our mangoes start to slowly turn that delicious shade of rosy- orange, my family starts asking for Mango…

Cool Orange T-Shirts

12. Cool Orange T-Shirts

Orange isn’t the most popular color, but many people love the bright and cheery hue. Orange is a mix of red and yellow. It’s an energizing color that is perfect for social butterflies. The color orange looks best on people who have a warm skin tone. The br…

Make a Halloween Fairy Garden

13. Make a Halloween Fairy Garden

If you have a fairy garden already, you can redecorate your existing accessories for Halloween or swap them out for the month of October. Think of spooky things, the color orange and scaled down versions of typical Halloween yard decorations. For those wit…

Country Chicken With Vegetables

14. Country Chicken With Vegetables

This recipe came about to answer an Imminent Quest for something orange, and is a great example of thinking on your feet in the kitchen. Having worked in one I can tell you things go wrong all the time. Food burns or goes bad and you have to think quick wi…

Standing Out on the Course with Orange Golf Balls

15. Standing Out on the Course with Orange Golf Balls

I’m not a pro golfer by any means, but I have been spending a lot more time on the course lately with my daughter. As a 5th grader, she has been playing on her school’s golf team over the summer, and has been participating in a metro parks league. She has…

Retro Orange and the World's Fair

16. Retro Orange and the World’s Fair

There is something extremely appealing about retro orange. There’s the 1950′s industrial type or the 1920′s tangerine type. There’s even the 1960’s pop orange. My favorite is the 1930’s reddish- orange. I want to help you discover how to bring more r…

Sousababy's Favorite Orange Drink

17. Sousababy’s Favorite Orange Drink

About ten years ago, I had the most delicious, satisfying, mango lassi at a popular Indian restaurant in downtown Toronto. I was amazed at how smooth and rich it tasted. It was the perfect way to end a spicy meal. Ever since, on occasion, I tried to make m…

Pumpkin Poop Mini Bottle Craft With Printable Poem And Tags

18. Pumpkin Poop Mini Bottle Craft With Printable Poem And Tags

Poop crafts using a variety of colored candies and funny poems are a very popular and silly homemade gift to give during the holidays, and Halloween is no exception. I have made a lot of variations of poop gifts over the years, and this year I decided to m…

Top 5 Healthy Orange Fruits & Vegetables

19. Top 5 Healthy Orange Fruits & Vegetables

As well as choosing green vegetables and fruits for a healthy diet, don’t forget that orange varieties are among the healthiest around. Did you know that these particular fruits and vegetables contain beta- carotene which not only gives them their colour,…

Orange Album Covers

20. Orange Album Covers

When I was young I used to group my albums by the color of the cover – not alphabetically or by type of music. Some of my favourites were the orange ones. Led Zeppelin released two compilations of their best songs in 1990 and both used a cover with crop ci…

Orange you glad there is some in my garden!

21. Orange you glad there is some in my garden!

Some people like to garden in a very methodical way and others let the bounty of whatever is in bloom be the focus at any time of the year. My garden tends to be a ‘wild child’ with no real rhyme or reason and definitely no regimented color scheme,. So lon…

Orange Trumpet Creeper

22. Orange Trumpet Creeper

This vine reminds me of my Dad. He was a keen gardener and had one of these growing over an arch leading to the side of the garden. I loved it’s brilliant colors and the beautiful show it made. His garden was in Africa but the vine is a native of South Ame…

Top 10 Adult Bible and Nativity Costumes

23. Top 10 Adult Bible and Nativity Costumes

What’s becoming more popular these days are bible costume parties. You can be Moses, Joseph, Mary, Jesus, Angel or whatever character tickles your fancy. If your church or group is planning a fall festival, christmas event or trunk- or- treat, you will be…

Orange Fairy Tales - The Real Housewives of Orange County

24. Orange Fairy Tales – The Real Housewives of Orange County

Not many folks would associate Benjamin Franklin with Bravo’s reality docudrama The Real Housewives of Orange County. But something the kite flying Founding Father once said rings true to the series. Franklin’s statement ‘Beauty and folly are old companion…

Facts about Oranges

25. Facts about Oranges

Orange is a popular fruit which is sold worldwide. It is of the citrus family and very delicious one too. It has been my favorite one since childhood. I remember my dad used to buy it while coming back from work and my mom used to prepare juice. Most of th…

DIY orange pomanders - Simmers and scents

26. DIY orange pomanders – Simmers and scents

The scent of oranges is my favorite. There’s something about the warm, inviting smell of fresh orange that brings a little sunshine any time of the year. This lens will provide instructions for making orange pomanders and an orange simmer that anyone can m…

A Sea of Orange Tees: The Annual Flagstaff Climb to Conquer Cancer

27. A Sea of Orange Tees: The Annual Flagstaff Climb to Conquer Cancer

Our fathers met before we did – in the waiting room of the Northern Arizona Cancer Center. Years later, soon after Jeremy and I met, we showed each other photos of our fathers, both of whom had passed away in 2007, and I immediately recognized the man who…

Autumn Trees and Leaves in Gatineau Park

28. Autumn Trees and Leaves in Gatineau Park

Gatineau Park is my favourite place to spend time in any season, but the park is gorgeous during fall. The colors are stunning, all the leaves turn orange, red and yellow. The park is actually pretty famous, and people come here from Toronto to see the fal…

Orange-a-palooza

29. Orange-a-palooza

Being a collection of personally acquired images of all sorts, that feature the color orange, and a few stories. Oh, and a couple of other things I have collected regarding orange. With a bit of lensography thrown in. As a color for art, I really dislike o…

Orange Car Warning Lights

30. Orange Car Warning Lights

Is it an orange alien doing that new Zumba class right behind your dashboard? Possibly you’ve seen it come up before – you do pay attention to your dash lights, don’t you, just before you shoot across three lanes of traffic in a frantic attempt to locate t…

Orange Sunsets

31. Orange Sunsets

You know, I love to capture nature’s moments and she’s giving me a lot of Orange Sunsets in Autumn and even early Winter. The advantage of living in a country that is mostly flat as a cookie on a tray, is that you have lots and lots of beautiful skies to w…

No comments:

Post a Comment