Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Now is the perfect time to start a new lens…

Posted: 20 Aug 2013 06:44 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 8.58.16 AMAs Fall approaches there has never been a better time to create new lenses here on Squidoo and here’s why.

1) We’ve got a new scorecard in place. If you score a 100 you can be pretty darn sure that you’ve got the elements of a great lens.

2) We’ve got newly restyle modules. The Photo Gallery, Text + Text with BIG picture and the new Amazon Module are better than ever.

3) The holidays are coming. Starting new Halloween and Gift Guide lenses NOW is smart. Don’t wait until the last minute.

And most important…new lenses are getting search engine traffic and sales.

On July 26th I created: Go “Back To School” with the Despicable Me Minions In Tow. This lens is getting steady traffic and I’ve sold 9 backpacks and lunch boxes using the Amazon Module.

Here are some more testimonials…

Here’s one of mine created in the last 30 days that has been picked up by Google: Tiny Books With Big Stories.

Creepy Crawly Real Bug Gifts For Insect Lovers And Entomologists is just over 30 days old (published July 15) and it received google search traffic within the first week and it is currently on page 2 for my keyword “real bug gifts”. .

Making an Ancient Ice Cream for Cleopatra was made at the beginning of July and is getting its traffic direct from Google searches for ancient ice cream making. 

More NEW quality lenses that are getting search engine traffic.

Math Nerd Halloween Costume
Make Tudor Halloween Costumes for Women
Fairy Statues: Gifts for Gardeners
Cochet a Zoo Animal Blanket and Crochet Afghan Patterns
Top 5 Easy Recipes for Summer

This is just a very small sampling of new lenses that are getting search engine attention!

Now is the time to create.

Make a lens for out 2013 Squidoo County Fair
Try a Quest!
Join A Club
Create a lens for a Squidoo Magazine.
Create a series of Halloween lenses!
Create a Gift Guide lens.

There is a ton of opportunity out there…you just have to grab it!

Image Credit

Introducing ghoststorylover

Posted: 20 Aug 2013 05:52 AM PDT

Meet lensmaster ghoststorylover who says she’s on Squidoo to stay!  She’s already active in RocketSquids as well as several of our lensmaking clubs, so chances are you’ve run across one of her lenses – or she’s visited one of yours. Read more about this busy lensmaster then take some time to check out her lenses.

What brought you to Squidoo? Well, I was reading through my email one day and one caught my eye. It said that one could earn some extra income by making lenses. At the time I didn’t have a job, and I had no clue what a lens was. I thought they were talking about camera lenses or something lol! I was interested in doing something new with myself so I checked it out. I’ve got to say I’m glad I did! I’ve never been a part of a community as helpful as this one, all the people are so nice. I just wish I found Squidoo a long time ago, but at least I finally found you guys right! Better late then never I guess!

While you do indeed have some ghostly lenses, pop culture and recipes are a couple of other topics you’ve written about. Anything special coming up on your lensmaking list? I’m planning on working on some gardening lenses. My mom taught me a lot about plants while I was growing up. And I’d also like to write about life on a Chinese Junk (a Chinese boat), since I used to live on one. I also would like to make some related lenses of what I’ve already written, because there’s still some ideas in my head. There’s just so much to write about it’s incredible! I never knew I had so many ideas in my head until I came here!

What can Squidoo do for you? Squidoo and the people here have already made me a better writer, and I know I can be an even better one than I am right now. And squidoo can help me with that. I believe squidoo can help me open my mind to new possibilities that I’ve never thought of before! I’m very happy to be a part of this community, and I bless everyone who is a part of it, and those who started it. Thank you!

Lens of the Day: Fireflies (Lightning Bugs) Light Up The Summer Sky

Posted: 20 Aug 2013 05:37 AM PDT

I can do that better!

Posted: 19 Aug 2013 09:53 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-07-10 at 2.17.16 PMKids often times say “I can do that better” when playing games or sports or making crafts. I also hear it a lot on the web.

Have you ever seen a website that shows off cupcakes or home decor or a “How to” project and said…I can do that better! I know I have.

The good news is that you CAN. When you see a website or lens about your favorite topic go ahead and make your own page…even better.

It’s a fun challenge AND you’re adding more quality content to the web.

Go ahead! I double dog dare you : )

Guest QuestMaster: Try a Crafty Hobby Book Review Quest from Lensmaster jennabee25

Posted: 19 Aug 2013 09:52 AM PDT

jennabeeOur Giant Squids are acting as "Guest QuestMasters". They are dreaming up some creative Lensmaking Quests for our Squidoo topics.

This week’s Guest QuestMaster is jennabee25 and here is her Quest.

The Lensmaking Quest: Write a review of your favorite craft or hobby book.

Quest Description: There are a lot great books out there for crafting and hobbies. Your mission? Grab your favorite crafting or hobby book and write a detailed review of it. Be sure to include any projects you have made from the instructions from that particular book in the review and what your opinion of that project is.

Try to answer the following questions. Is this book easy to follow? How detailed are the instructions? Would you recommend the book for beginners, intermediate, or advanced crafters? Who is the author and what is their crafting background?

Also, be sure to include where your readers can get the book. Be creative, informative, and helpful. Outstanding lenses will get a Purple Star.

The Reward: Jennabee25 will award outstanding lenses submitted to this quest with a Purple Star.

Quest Length: 30 Days

Who gets this quest: Our top lensmasters who have lenses in the “Hobbies, Games & Toys” and “Crafting” topics will receive this quest. So please do check your quest tab.

We'll have more quests from other Giants in the coming weeks in different topics… so stay tuned and have fun with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment