Thursday, August 22, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Lens of the Day: Japanese Glass Fishing Floats

Posted: 22 Aug 2013 05:42 AM PDT

The End of Summer SquidLiking Challenge. Ends – Aug. 30th

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 05:31 PM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 8.18.22 PMThe kids are on their way back to school, the trees are starting to turn and the pools are closing. Summer is almost over but good things lie ahead.

So we’re going to send Summer away with a bang and welcome Fall with a smile!

Your Challenge

Find (and SquidLike) 3 Summer lenses you love

AND

Find (and SquidLike) 3 Fall lenses you love.

The Reward (for you)

100 SquidPoints IF this lens shows up on your Quest tab. We’ll be sending this Quest out to a bunch of you.

The satisfaction of making someones day.

The Reward (for the lensmaster you SquidLiked)

A SquidLike of course!

We’re also going to ask you to pick just one of the lenses you SquidLiked and post it here (and when you complete the quest) for a possible Purple Star or inclusion in the Squidoo home page rotation.

I’ll also whip up a special “End of Summer” compilation lens to show off oodles of these fantastic lenses. 

The Deadline

On Friday August 30th we’ll say goodbye to Summer and hello to Fall!

The How?

Find lenses by searching on Summer and Fall terms right here: http://www.squidoo.com/search/results and check out new lenses on our topics page: http://www.squidoo.com/topics

Also check out the 2013 Squidoo County Fair entries that have come in so far: http://bdkz.squidoo.com/2013-squidoo-county-fair. You might just find your new favorite lens on the list! Psst...you can also enter the fair right here.

Image Credit

An Invitation from the RocketSquids

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 01:15 PM PDT

Home sweet home! Last week our RocketSquids were given the assignment to write about something in their homes. Today, we’d like to invite you to take a look at what they shared.

Crochet - The Handwork Passed Down Many Generations

1. Crochet – The Handwork Passed Down Many Generations

When you come into my home, you will see hand crocheted doilies, afghans, tissue box covers, potholders, scarves, shawls and so much more. I love it because of what it stands for to me – History and Sentimentality Some might say, ‘Crochet? ‘ Many people th…

My Stained Glass Hobby

2. My Stained Glass Hobby

When I was in elementary school in Montreal, we went on a field trip to visit Saint Joseph’s Oratory. Remembering back, I was in complete awe of the beautiful stained glass windows. My first thought was how could anyone create such spectacular mastery. Ove…

My Grandfather's Songs: The Music of John H. Craton

3. My Grandfather’s Songs: The Music of John H. Craton

Growing up, I only knew one of my four grandparents. The other three died within a couple of months of each other a little over a year before I was born. I missed out on a lot not having those three individuals in my life. Getting to be the spoiled grandch…

Japanese Glass Fishing Floats

4. Japanese Glass Fishing Floats

This is a story about how I’ve acquired a cool little collection of Japanese Glass Fishing Floats. I love these and I have made them my table’s center piece. A long time ago, before and after I was born, my family lived on a little island of Hawaii called…

My First Childhood Doll: Do You Still Have Yours?

5. My First Childhood Doll: Do You Still Have Yours?

Do you remember your first childhood doll? Every toy I got as a kid has its own unique story, but my very first doll is and always will be very special to me! What about yours? Did you give your doll a name and do you still remember it? Was it a beautiful…

Want to see more? We’ve got ‘em! Welcome!

Intro photo

Introducing darkflowers

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 11:00 AM PDT

Meet Anja, aka darkflowers on Squidoo. She’s another of our growing group of lensmasters from the Netherlands – and another who signed up with Squidoo then took a couple of years to actually get started. We’re glad she found us again! Enjoy our interview.

How did you find Squidoo? I found Squidoo in 2011 through another Lensmaster that was promoting his Lenses. I bookmarked the main page and registred myself. Then I wrote a few Lenses and lost interest. So stupid! A few months ago I returned and I’m addicted now! I enjoy writing Lenses and being active in the Squidoo community!

You write a lot about health and happiness and overcoming fear. What’s next on your lensmaking list? Next on my list is a Lens about healing from childhood trauma. That’s a topic I love to write about. There are so many people suffering from this and you can heal it. I did it myself and I love to give people useful information so they can do it to. Making people happy is one of my missions! Because I’m a member of the Rocket Squids there will be challenges I participate in too. And I will be writing more about spirituality and paranormal phenomena!

What can Squidoo do for you? I love Squidoo so much. The community is great, especially the forums. I want to keep on becoming a better writer and improve my English (I’m Dutch). I love to help out others wherever and whenever possible. That is the beauty of Squidoo, you give back what others taught you before to people who are new!

It is nice I get the opportunity to earn money too, but that is not the most important thing here: Squidoo is a great platform where I get webpages for free and wonderful support from other active Lensmasters. I want to grow here in every way possible. Hopefully there will be more challenges and perhaps writing contests (?) in the future. It is great to write about what I love but I love it too when I am challenged to leave my comfort zone This improves my writing skills and tickles my creative skills to make something beautiful of everything I write about!

No comments:

Post a Comment