Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Editor for the Day: Mickie_G presents Mystery Book Lenses

Posted: 06 Aug 2013 09:08 AM PDT

mickiegI am always looking for new mystery authors to read.

Cozy-type mysteries are my favorite, but I have been known to absolutely love a few “bloody” books.

The lenses I have found in this niche are well written ones that review mysteries that I feel were actually read by the lens master.

Long live an honest reader who is not afraid to write what they truly think. ~Mickie_G

 

Great Archaeological Mysteries Books

1. Great Archaeological Mysteries Books

If you like archaeological mysteries, here I have a few great ones for you reviewed. These types of novels are in fact some of my favorites ever. They usually includes riddles to decipher, mysteries to solve, great descriptions of archaeological sites and…

Female Sleuths in Mystery Novels

2. Female Sleuths in Mystery Novels

Do you love a great mystery novel? Books have always been an integral part of my life. There is little that I enjoy more than to sit down with a good book in my hand and escape for a little while. My genre of choice is the mystery novel and I particularly…

Cork O'Connor Mysteries by William Kent Krueger

3. Cork O’Connor Mysteries by William Kent Krueger

I don’t remember who introduced me to William Kent Krueger’s Cork O’Connor crime mystery series, but I remember being captivated from the very beginning of the first book Iron Lake. I’ve read and enjoyed the rest of his series also. Corcoran ‘Cork’ O’Conno…

Top Ten Best Historical Detectives on Kindle

4. Top Ten Best Historical Detectives on Kindle

Do you like historical fiction? I certainly do, especially novels featuring a murder mystery. There are some wonderful fictional detectives deducing and deducting away in various centuries and I try to read every one which appears. Once this was fairly sim…

Lee Child Books in Order | Jack Reacher

5. Lee Child Books in Order | Jack Reacher

I recently stumbled across an author that was new to me – Lee Child. I found out he has a mystery series of novels involving a character named Jack Reacher. So, now I am reading Lee Child books in order. The first book I found was from mid- way in the seri…

A Little Death in Dixie by Lisa Turner

6. A Little Death in Dixie by Lisa Turner

I just finished reading ‘A Little Death in Dixie’ by first time author, Lisa Turner. What a fast moving, great little story! Set in the steamy South of Memphis, Tennessee, this novel is loaded with colorful characters and plot twists. I am sure Ms. Turner…

Summer Reading: Merrily Watkins Books by Phil Rickman

7. Summer Reading: Merrily Watkins Books by Phil Rickman

I’m always buying books and never having the time to read them. So when I get to holiday time I always have a pile of books to choose from. I love all types of detective and mystery books and I’m always on the look- out for new characters and series I’ve m…

Third Degree

8. Third Degree

I enjoy reading a good thriller and this book fits the bill. In Third Degree an extramarital love affair results in dire consequences when a husband holds his wife and children hostage. The book was one of those I just couldn’t put down. The characters wer…

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency: Douglas Adams's amazing supernatural fiction

9. Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency: Douglas Adams’s amazing supernatural fiction

It’s been over twenty years since I first read Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams. There are very few books that interest me just as much now as they did twenty years ago. In fact, the only ones I can think of are Adams’s other novels…

Lens of the Day: Step by Step Sunflowers Painting

Posted: 06 Aug 2013 05:49 AM PDT

A Halloween Lensmaking Tip from lensmaster kimmilai

Posted: 05 Aug 2013 10:53 AM PDT

madhatterFor the Halloween Quest, I thought of two things: what idea can I share that would be useful to people and what true-life story would entertain them as I shared it? My tips for writing lenses for Squidoo is to pull all of your writing and pictures together before creating the lens. Include all your citing and product links in a document. Have all your pictures sized and ready to go. When you start building your lens, it’ll mostly be cut and paste from your document and upload for your pictures. Also, that way you’ll have a copy of what you created in case you delete something by accident on the lens.

My last bit of advice is once you think of a lens title, put it through a search engine first to make sure there aren’t oodles of sites with the same wording. Good luck and Happy Halloween!  ~kimmilai

Stop by Make a Dandy Mad Hatter Costume by kimmilai to see this great tip in action.

http://www.squidoo.com/thrift-store-mad-hatter-costume

No comments:

Post a Comment