Thursday, September 12, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


18 Lenses with BIG Imaginations!

Posted: 12 Sep 2013 09:00 AM PDT

A recent community lensmaking quest asked lensmasters to create a new lens that answers the question, I wonder what it would be like…

The lenses we received were amazingly creative and fun to read. We already posted a few here.

Here’s 18 more of our favorites.  Enjoy!

Make a Noise in Protest!

1. Make a Noise in Protest!

One way people show dissent through nonviolent demonstration is by making noise. And across the world, one way people make that noise is by banging on pots and pans. The tradition is known as cacerolazo from the Spanish word cacerola, meaning ‘stew pot’. I…

If All Children

2. If All Children

When you look at the children around you, when you see them on television from here and all around the world, you see a bright spark, a living soul that has so much potential. Sadly, the spark of some children is sputtering and failing to thrive. They are…

Imagine Unlimited Legos!

3. Imagine Unlimited Legos!

My boys love Legos. My older daughters haven’t been huge fans, but my youngest daughter really enjoys them, almost as much as the boys do. Of course, with three brothers preceding her in the chain of siblings, she is constantly surrounded by Lego creations…

What if the Viking Colony in America had been successful?

4. What if the Viking Colony in America had been successful?

Christopher Colombus was not the first European to find the Americas. The Vikings hold that distinction, with a colony in Newfoundland just after the year 1000 AD. The Vikings named this new world ‘Vinland. ‘ Colombus would not set sail until nearly 500 ye…

Imagine That! What if … we humans could speak?

5. Imagine That! What if … we humans could speak?

Once I took it for a weakness. I desired to fly in my daydreams as my friends, to walk around the whole world with my legs in five minutes and to create in my dreams whole worlds – as well as to save ultimately this one world, of course. 1999 broke my ban…

Imagine Seeing the Planets and the Stars

6. Imagine Seeing the Planets and the Stars

Would it be a good thing or a curse if you could see through walls? I’m sure there would be times when it would be useful – when you want to know that the children are safe, for example, or when you can’t remember where you left your car keys. But, at othe…

What If the Magic of Skulduggery Pleasant Series Were Real?

7. What If the Magic of Skulduggery Pleasant Series Were Real?

OK, have to admit as a rabid fangirl and fanfiction writing nerd that is a question I have to ask myself often. For those who have yet to read the highly entertaining series it is set pretty much in our modern world, and magic is real. Only mages have to h…

Cosplayers At Kumoricon 2013 Vancouver USA

8. Cosplayers At Kumoricon 2013 Vancouver USA

Cosplayers attending Kumoricon, an anime convention, captured attention wearing costumes at the adjacent park. Could you imagine YOU donning wings, a fluffy tail, curved horns, pointy ears, or a horse head for a fantastic weekend. What fanciful creature wo…

Imagine A World With No Borders

9. Imagine A World With No Borders

I never understood the desire to live somewhere outside of my native country until I left it. I don’t know that I’d want to ever permanently give up my citizenship to my native home but then I began to wonder. why should we need to worry about such things?…

What if America had stayed true to its Christian heritage?

10. What if America had stayed true to its Christian heritage?

Nowadays, being a Christian is almost like being a second- class citizen. The right of voicing one’s beliefs because they come from the Bible is being slowly taken away. Standing up for life, marriage, and truth is a shunned practice. What I wonder is, how…

Just When You Thought Born-Again Writing was Safe

11. Just When You Thought Born-Again Writing was Safe

Looking back, with the wisdom of hindsight and a couple of years more maturity, I’m still really not sure how it happened. One day I was just mooching around, looking for something to give more purpose to my Life. I mean, I had my craftwork – knitting, cro…

I Have a Dream, 2013

12. I Have a Dream, 2013

We’re in trouble. Nations are acting like lunatics, waging wars. Corporations are behaving like machines, destroying the environment, exploiting workers, and spending billions to fool people into thinking this is normal. Everything seems out of control, ra…

Imagine We All Lived the Four Agreements

13. Imagine We All Lived the Four Agreements

A few years ago someone gave me a copy of the book The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. It’s not a big book. It’s not a difficult- to- comprehend book. It is however, a powerful message built around four seemingly simple statements. Four statements comp…

A Time Machine that Works

14. A Time Machine that Works

Have you ever imagined what it would be like to go back in time and have dinner with your Grandmother’s Father and Mother and invite them to come with you to your era and introduce them to your children and grandchildren? Have you ever wondered what you wo…

Fort Edmonton History Revisited

15. Fort Edmonton History Revisited

I was always told when I was growing up that I was born 100 years too late. Myself I think it was more like 95 years myself. I found this out by going to Fort Edmonton Park. This park is a living museum and it divided into 4 periods of history with each se…

Camelot Kept Alive - Fairytale Castles and Fantasy Creatures - Terrible Tales of Yore

16. Camelot Kept Alive – Fairytale Castles and Fantasy Creatures – Terrible Tales of Yore

Why must story and legend be but imaginings? Let us take a moment to consider how so many things in what is supposedly considered learned history have been proven wrong. Who is to say the tales of yore, of creatures long lost, lords, ladies and heroes are…

Stuck In An Elevator With Jesus

17. Stuck In An Elevator With Jesus

Nobody expects something like this. On the day I got stuck on an elevator with Jesus, I was preoccupied as usual, not paying much attention to the company of other New Yorkers as I weaved through the lobby of one of the many glass office towers in Midtown….

Imagine Hawai'i

18. Imagine Hawai’i

I have wanted to spend time in Hawai’i since I was a teenager at least. That’s half a century! But I have never gotten to go. My other family members went. Five of them, in fact. But I had already left home when my parents went. I’m still jealous! I can on…

Lens of the Day: Apple Love Pie

Posted: 12 Sep 2013 05:35 AM PDT

New Baby Registry Button & A Quest

Posted: 11 Sep 2013 11:09 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-09-11 at 2.00.07 PMWe’re excited to add another new feature to our Amazon modules.

We’ve added a new “Register Now” button to select baby products.

This means that when a select baby product is featured by a lensmaster, we’ll add a “Register Now” button next to “Buy Now”. Lensmasters will earn a royalty when a viewer clicks to the “Register Now” button and creates a Baby Registry. The button will work like all other Amazon product links, and earn royalties for purchases.

Please Note – The new ”Register Now” button will NOT count towards the 20 Amazon Link Limit. We are deploying a fix for the lenses that were affected by adding the extra button.

We’ve also got a fun new Quest to Create A Niche Baby Registry Checklist Lens. Check your quest tab or add your completed new lens right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment