Saturday, September 14, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Lens of the Day: Why I Love Drift Roses

Posted: 14 Sep 2013 05:23 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-09-14 at 8.22.18 AMI love to grow things. It is something that I picked up from my parents and grandparents. I also like trying new things, and one new flower that I tried in the last couple of years, is the Drift Rose.

New Giant Squid Lenses Week of September 9th

Posted: 13 Sep 2013 02:21 PM PDT

My Last Wish

1. My Last Wish

Jokingly, many people who do not have a strong faith base, have been playing with the word BIBLE. They are making fun of it, and while I’m not one to do that, it’s okay with me. But the gist of the joke is what BIBLE stands for and many say it’s ‘Basic Ins…

Exploring the Perkins Hill Cemetery

2. Exploring the Perkins Hill Cemetery

Driving down a curvy country road in New Hampshire, we passed a small cemetery. It looked quite old and piqued my curiosity. We stopped and explored the isolated graveyard. It was on Perkins Hill Road and not far from the village of East Wakefield. Not sur…

Imagine We All Lived the Four Agreements

3. Imagine We All Lived the Four Agreements

A few years ago someone gave me a copy of the book The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. It’s not a big book. It’s not a difficult- to- comprehend book. It is however, a powerful message built around four seemingly simple statements. Four statements comp…

About Joaquin Sorolla

4. About Joaquin Sorolla

Sorolla was a very popular and prolific Spanish painter – he was renowned as a painter of the colour of light. Find out more about his Spanish version of Realism/Impressionism. Below you will find links to: * biographical details * where his paintings can…

Imagine Seeing the Planets and the Stars

5. Imagine Seeing the Planets and the Stars

Would it be a good thing or a curse if you could see through walls? I’m sure there would be times when it would be useful – when you want to know that the children are safe, for example, or when you can’t remember where you left your car keys. But, at othe…

How To Have A Super Power

6. How To Have A Super Power

Everyone wants to have some form of super power, whether it is the ability to fly or be invisible, there is always something we wish we could do. There is a super hero inside of us all and there is one super power that we can all have or at least work towa…

A Portrait of Rosie the Riveter

7. A Portrait of Rosie the Riveter

Have you ever heard the term ‘Rosie The Riveter’? Before December 7, 1941 most jobs outside of the home were held by men. Then Pearl Harbor happened and the men started to join the military or get drafted into the armed services. This left a lot of positio…

Free Craft Tools From Your Kitchen

8. Free Craft Tools From Your Kitchen

When you think creatively about the tools that you need for your crafts, the answer may be right in front of you. As a matter of fact, there are quite a lot of tools in your kitchen that can double as tools in your craft room. Why go out and buy special to…

Johnstown Inclined Plane

9. Johnstown Inclined Plane

I was born in Johnstown, PA and raised just up the road in Indiana, PA (hometown of actor Jimmy Stewart! ). Johnstown is the site of the devastating 1889 flood that killed 2209 people. On the heels of that event, engineers installed a vehicular inclined pl…

Introducing notsuperstitious13

Posted: 13 Sep 2013 10:48 AM PDT

Say hello to Edith, notsuperstitious13 on Squidoo. She’s one of our many Canadian lensmasters, and she’s on a mission. You’ll learn more about that from her lenses and our interview.

How did you find Squidoo? I had already started a blog on quitting smoking and was having trouble promoting it, when someone suggested writing another article on Squidoo about quitting smoking, and promoting my blog within Squidoo.

When I started looking around Squidoo, I found out I could tell people about my hobby of quilting and show off some of my work, and also write about any topic I wanted to.

You have lots of quilting and gardening lenses that feature your beautiful photos, and you also write about your pet topic, quitting smoking. Any surprise topics lurking in your mind, waiting to be written? I was thinking about writing about education and why it is so important to finish high school. Another topic I was thinking about was "Why people are broke", but I am not talking about people being poor, I mean broke.

What can Squidoo do for you? Allow me to get my ideas out there and hopefully those ideas will help some people.
I am also using Squidoo as a Search Engine, and I usually find what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment