Saturday, September 28, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Recipe Module Bug

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 06:35 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 8.40.25 AMWe’ve got a bug in our recipe module this morning that we’re currently working on.

I’ll post an update when this is resolved.

Though Halloween is fast approaching we’d prefer to keep the bugs out of the recipes.

Have a great Saturday.

Lens of the Day: You’ll Purr for the PUMA Women’s Voltaic 4

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 04:43 AM PDT

New Giant Squid Lenses Week of 9/23

Posted: 27 Sep 2013 02:10 PM PDT

Light Up LED Butterfly Costumes

1. Light Up LED Butterfly Costumes

The lovely butterfly floated gingerly around the block enchanting neighbors. ‘Trick or Treat! ‘, she squealed with wings aflutter. Brighten your costume this year with alluring LED butterfly wings, iridescent butterfly costumes, and amazing butterfly face…

Ren's Potato Leek Mushroom Soup

2. Ren’s Potato Leek Mushroom Soup

I love making soups and chili when the weather turns colder. They seem to warm the soul when the bones are chilled! The other day we went to The Olive Garden Restaurant and had the yummiest potato porcini mushroom soup (it’s seasonal right now so go try so…

Let A Friend Have Their (Choc) Cake & Eat It Too - Make & Bake Ideas for Chocolate Cake Gifts

3. Let A Friend Have Their (Choc) Cake & Eat It Too – Make & Bake Ideas for Chocolate Cake Gifts

When you share something with a friend, you really do ‘have your cake and eat it too’! So take some time today (or this weekend but definitely soon) to make’n'bake some chocolate cake goodness for a friend, to say just that. A chocolate cake is a gift in i…

How To Make Elderberry Liqueur For Christmas

4. How To Make Elderberry Liqueur For Christmas

Elderberry liqueur is easy to make, and is an ideal home made Christmas gift. Elderberries are usually free and so costs are low, and if you like you can go to town on the packaging. Don’t worry if you can’t find elderberries, blackberries will make a grea…

Mount Blanca Vision Quest

5. Mount Blanca Vision Quest

Many of you think about your most desired aspirations on the cusp of a new year. I choose to do that every year on my birthday. I’ve found the best way to focus on what matters most to me, in terms of achieving fullness of life, is to take myself on a birt…

Converting a Bracelet Clasp

6. Converting a Bracelet Clasp

Let’s face it! Even when our hands are young and nimble, bracelets clasps can be difficult to work. Add a few years, and many women struggle with things like arthritis, failing eyesight, and other health issues that can make a seemingly simple task like pu…

Introducing fufurinha

Posted: 27 Sep 2013 10:36 AM PDT

Meet fufurinha, who has recently joined us from Portugal. She’s a student who enjoys sharing her varied interests and experiences with others and we’re very glad she chose to do so here on Squidoo. Please make her feel welcome.

What brought you to Squidoo? I spend a lot of my free time on the internet and, one day, in the middle of my surfing online I saw Squidoo. Something about it caught my attention and I decided to check it out better. I can’t saw that the idea of making some money didn’t attract me but I also enjoyed the idea of having an opportunity to share my thoughts online, in a free way.

You’ve been very busy making lenses since you arrived on the site. What inspires you to make a lens? What new topics can we look forward to? I am on Squidoo since the end of August (one month now) and I have 5 featured lenses. All of my lenses are about something I like and I think that’s the secret for building a good lens. When you are passionate about something, all that you write/say about it comes in a natural way.

I try to make lenses where I can share information with other people and share my opinion. Whether it is about a city, a hobby, tips to do something, and many other things. It is good to have a catching lens but it needs to have great content, something that people want to hear about.

About new topics, I don’t have any lens on my mind at the moment – my classes started so I have been a little bit busy on the last days. But sooner or later I’m going to start build something new.

What can Squidoo do for you? I’m almost new here but I can see I’ve already learned some new things. There are thousands of lens with great content here, where we can learn and share ideas.

Another great thing about Squidoo is that I am improving my English. I’m from Portugal so I don’t have a perfect English (not even close). But writing all these lenses is helping me getting better at it (I’m sorry if I have any typos or other mistakes).

Also I’m meeting new people, from all the world. I love making new friends and meeting new cultures and I hope Squidoo helps me on that.

5 Weird Weekend Reads From Our Tales Of The Unknown Quest

Posted: 27 Sep 2013 09:39 AM PDT

We’ve been receiving all kinds of odd transmissions from our Tales of the Unknown Quest.

Here’s 5 for you to enjoy over the weekend, or if you’re running short of time… save them for All Hallows Eve. Enjoy!

My Best Friend Was a Ghost

1. My Best Friend Was a Ghost

Once upon a time I was lucky enough to know a ghost, but since I was very young no one really believed me, my family included. He was my best friend and protector for years, telling me that since I had a gift for speaking to the dead I needed his protectio…

A Strange Alien Face in my Closet

2. A Strange Alien Face in my Closet

‘Ghosts, Aliens, Spirits, and other unbelievable beings exist not just myths. They are as real as a hard tree or you can feel them as a breeze’, told my parents when I was a kid. Maybe, it was to frighten us not to go in the woods or go outside during nigh…

Demon, Demons Everywhere

3. Demon, Demons Everywhere

Some forty years ago, when I was five years old, I experienced what I believed to be supernatural phenomenon. To this day, I remember what occurred in that quaint house in a small Oklahoma town . but all this time later I wonder if I experienced something…

Is it haunted - or isn't it?

4. Is it haunted – or isn’t it?

This is a tale of a remote cottage in the Scottish Highlands which has been the scene of some unusual activity over the years. It is reputed to be haunted – or is it? On my first ever visit to this cottage (many years ago) I was not aware of the legend and…

Strange Tales of a Family's Sixth Sense

5. Strange Tales of a Family’s Sixth Sense

Some people believe in the paranormal and some do not. As for me, I’ve always been fascinated by it. If it has to do with psychic abilities, UFO’s, or ghosts, you can bet that I’m in. That being said, I’ve always wondered about psychic abilities. They say…

No comments:

Post a Comment