Saturday, September 7, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Lens of the Day: How to Repair Wood Rot

Posted: 07 Sep 2013 06:35 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 9.34.39 AMOk… the shady part of the house has some issues with moisture. It just doesn’t seem to dry quickly. The wood is going soft… perhaps developing mold. Your finger can push thru it with ease… It’s not wood any more! YIKES

New Giant Squid Lenses Week of Sept 2nd

Posted: 07 Sep 2013 06:32 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 9.30.01 AM1. How to teach the love of letter writing

All through my life I have kept up peculiar correspondences. Writing letters back and forth for years to the grandparents of friends, or people I have met in passing, but mostly to people I have never met. For me as a writer is was just another way of expr…

How Nelson Mandela and Rugby United South Africa

2. How Nelson Mandela and Rugby United South Africa

Being born and brought up in East Africa in the 1950′s and with a love of the African continent, I remember the continual banter on news channels and in the press of the dreadful apartheid problems in South Africa. Not always understanding what apartheid a…

The History of Bocce Ball

3. The History of Bocce Ball

The game of bocce was born during ancient times. The game is so old in fact, that many historians can’t agree on when this game actually came into being. We do know however that a form of bocce ball was being played around 5200 BC by the ancient Egyptians….

A Part of My Life Spent being Vegetarian

4. A Part of My Life Spent being Vegetarian

Like a lot of things in the world this was done by choice. I was not raised as a vegetarian. Yes I knew that they were out there because my sisters had chosen to be a vegetarian at a young age. Many times I had thought about it but I just could not give up…

How to pick the best French Coffee Press

5. How to pick the best French Coffee Press

I’ve made coffee almost exclusively from French Presses. It’s not that I haven’t had drip coffee, I just find French Press’ results better. Making French Pressed coffee is a more intimate coffee experience, requiring care and attention to detail compared t…

Learning To Play The Ukulele

6. Learning To Play The Ukulele

Several years ago I purchased a ukulele on eBay for two reasons. First I wanted to learn how to play it myself and then I wanted to be able to teach my grandchildren how to play. To be quite honest, they played with it more than I did. I found YouTube vide…

Gutenberg Bible

7. Gutenberg Bible

The Gutenberg Bible is something I never thought would fascinate me, after all, I’m not religious (though I have read a few portions of The King James Bible on my own), however I intrigued with Gutenberg and just how it is that we came about having books….

Shofar, So Good

8. Shofar, So Good

I never planned to do a page about shofars. All I wanted to do was find a shofar clip to add to my Rosh Hashana Graphics lens. But the sounds were awesome. I encountered so many beautiful renditions, such beautiful ‘noise,’ that I started collecting a few…

No comments:

Post a Comment