Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Meet jennabee25, she’s a Giant Squid!

Posted: 01 Oct 2013 07:10 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 9.50.13 AM

What was your greatest moment?

Beating the smartest kid in the school during the National Geographic Geography Bee in sixth grade. I was walking on air for days.

What did you admire most about your mother/father/parents?

I would say it would have to be my dad’s ability to fix or create anything out of wood. You should’ve seen some of the physics projects we came up with together when I was in high school.

What advice would you give to your teenage self?

I had an especially rough time as a kid due to depression and OCD. I would tell myself to keep on going. Things will get better.

What was the most important thing your grandmother/grandfather/grandparents ever taught you?

My grandmother spent a lot of time with me and I loved that. We would play games and drink Cokes for hours. I miss that.

What is the single best piece of advice you’d give to everyone?

When trying something new, don’t expect to be good at it immediately. Keep on practicing!

Favorite Lens:

Red Rock Canyon

-jennabee25Giant Squid on Squidoo

Vote For You Favorite Halloween Cupcakes!

Posted: 01 Oct 2013 06:04 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 8.59.20 AMWelcome to the 2013 Squidoo Halloween Cupcake Contest.

Hello October!

Posted: 01 Oct 2013 05:32 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 8.30.32 AMWelcome October, the month when the top half of the world watches the trees change to brilliant yellows, bright oranges, and blazing reds while the bottom half bursts forth with pastel blossoms and fresh green grass. No matter where you live, it’s a new month – time to set some goals and make some lenses.

Lensmaking opportunities abound this month. Our creative questmasters have big plans for October, so watch for plentiful numbers of quest ideas coming your way. Choose your favorites or make a decision to take on a topic that stretches your lensmaking skills. You may learn, as many have, that some of their best lenses were created for quests they hesitated to enter. Now they’re very glad they did.

Watch for new features coming to the site this month, too, including the new product review lens format that will be open to everyone in the very near future. You can see examples of lenses using this awesome new style right here. And don’t forget about the new baby registry button that you can see in action on these lenses.

October’s holidays include one of the biggest of the year, Halloween and, indeed, it’s never too late to start a Halloween lens! It’s also never too early to start a lens for one of the other fall and winter holidays that will be here before we know it. Our Happy Halloween magazine is already hopping and Celebrate isn’t far behind. If you’re not sure how to get your lens featured in one of Squidoo’s magazines, simply refer to the information on this page.

As for the fun, obscure holidays this month, you might want to choose one of the 15 Offbeat Holidays You Can Celebrate in October you’ll find at the link or spend some time searching for others that fit your fancy.

Have you set October lensmaking goals? Care to share? Let us know what you’ll be writing about this month in a comment below.

Image Information

Lens of the Day: My Paper Halloween House Project

Posted: 01 Oct 2013 05:13 AM PDT

Introducing CharMarie

Posted: 30 Sep 2013 11:47 AM PDT

Meet Charlotte, CharMarie on Squidoo. She’s a wife, mother, and Nana who clearly loves her family – and loves to have fun. You’ll see all that reflected in her lenses. Check ‘em out!

How did you find Squidoo? I actually heard about Squidoo awhile back, but I never got around to visiting for some reason. What a mistake! Now that I have I can see how much I've been missing! I love reading everyone's awesome lenses, voting in the polls, and taking quizzes!

You clearly enjoy family and fun, and demonstrate that in your lenses. Any new or surprise lens topics coming up that we should watch for? Why Christmas, of course! I just finished two Halloween lenses, and I can't wait to start on Christmas! As much as I love Halloween, I love Christmas even more! All the lights, the cheer, the magic, and of course, we can't forget what Christmas is truly all about – our Lord and Savior.

What can Squidoo do for you? Squidoo has already done quite a bit for me. I love writing, but I tend to put if off because of my fear of not being good enough and my fear of rejection. On Squidoo, I haven't had to deal with rejection, so that's a plus! I feel like Squidoo offers me the chance to express myself and share the things I love with others. I've also learned a lot from others here on Squidoo – things others have written about, and the techniques that others use in their writing. I think Squidoo will help me to conquer my fear, and I think it will help me to improve my writing. I love this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment