Saturday, October 12, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Cute Halloween Costumes for Baby on Squidoo

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 06:31 AM PDT

I don’t know about you but I just can’t resist babies dressed up for Halloween. No matter if the costume is supposed to be cute or scary, they all just look adorable to me. These three lenses should fill your cuteness quota for the day.

Not all Monsters are scary

1. Not all Monsters are scary

My youngest granddaughter loves Halloween – ‘but not those scary monsters. ‘ Instead she likes to think of all things being nice, fluffy and pink. Now I don’t know what it is about the color pink – but it’s become her favorite color and…

Stroller Costumes for Halloween

2. Stroller Costumes for Halloween

I stumbled across pictures of stroller costumes when I was browsing the web one day looking for ideas for baby costumes. I had never seen a stroller costume and I thought they were so smart! In the past, when I’ve taken my little ones trick- or- treat…

Baby Costume Safety and Baby Pumpkin Costumes

3. Baby Costume Safety and Baby Pumpkin Costumes

Babies and pumpkins go together so well for Halloween, so enjoy a baby pumpkin costume for your little one. For each of my children, their first Halloween saw them in darling pumpkin costumes. But, it was important for me to have them safe in their little…

Meet pukeko, She’s a Giant Squid!

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 05:27 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-10-11 at 3.01.13 PMWhat is the single best piece of advice you’d give to everyone?

Don’t take life to seriously and laugh everyday.

When did you make the biggest difference?

Many years ago I was the volunteer coordinator for a San Francisco region CPR Sunday that certified over 2000 people in CPR in a day.

Who had the most influence on your life?

My high school journalism teacher, as she helped nurture my love for writing.

What was your greatest moment?

I marched in the May Day Parade in Moscow.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

A Squidoo lensmaster, what else?

What advice would you give to your teenage self?

Try new things, taste new foods, visit new places, speak a second language, keep a journal, learn to dive, keep your options open by studying the basics – English, math and science, don’t give up to quickly and have fun.

Share something you learned at your day job that applies to life in general.

If you don’t have time to do it right the first time, how will you ever find the time to fix it?

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

Depends on the day and the activity. When I am traveling I am in my 20s. When I am doing a new exercise program and all sore, I am in my 60s.

What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world?

Tolerance.

Favorite Lens

Concussion Recovery and Coping with Boredom

-pukekoGiant Squid on Squidoo

Lens of the Day: David Bowie Ziggy Stardust – My Favorite Album

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 05:26 AM PDT

New Giant Squid Lenses Week of 10/7

Posted: 11 Oct 2013 11:44 AM PDT

Jazz Love Songs

1. Jazz Love Songs

Who doesn’t love a great love song? Talented singers have sung jazz love songs that can make your soul dance or can break your heart. I’ve gathered a smattering of these songs on this page. This list is not meant to be complete. I know I’ve…

Easy Pickled Vegetables Using Miso

2. Easy Pickled Vegetables Using Miso

Pickled vegetables are one of the most important part of the Japanese diet. The simplest way to eat them is with a steaming bowl of rice and miso soup. They are also served as a condiment, relish and even palate cleanser. In many typical restaurants in Jap…

Red Harrington Adult Victorian Costumes

3. Red Harrington Adult Victorian Costumes

In Johnny Depp’s film, The Lone Ranger, Red Harrington is the Madame of the town brothel. The character is played by Helena Bonham Carter. All of Red’s clothes in the film are exquisite Victorian style, which is true to the era of the Wild West i…

Printable Baby Shower Partyware

4. Printable Baby Shower Partyware

Expecting a newborn is sure to be exciting. With every day nearing the baby’s arrival, the thrill builds up while people around adds to the anticipation as well. One way to give those feelings of excitement an outlet is hosting a baby shower. Oh, imag…

Ditching Cable - How I Exist Without Cable TV

5. Ditching Cable – How I Exist Without Cable TV

I looked at my Comcast cable bill a few months ago and was just astonished to find that it had inched its way up to a robust $180 per month for me to watch TV. WHAT? Since I’m not much of a TV watcher anyway, I was suddenly offended to be throwing tha…

6 Online Resources for Learning How To Hoop

6. 6 Online Resources for Learning How To Hoop

I had put out a plea on Facebook: suggest me a new hobby! I was looking for something active to do and get me off the couch. One friend suggested I look into hooping, or hoop dance. I looked at the video she posted, and I was intrigued, so intrigued that I…

A Hakone Trip in Autumn

7. A Hakone Trip in Autumn

When Tokyoites need a short break from their busy lives, many choose to go to Hakone. . Being that it’s only a short 70- minute train ride from Shinjuku, it’s the nearest major hot springs resort from Tokyo. Once you get there, you’ll be rew…

Meet katiecolette, she’s a Giant Squid!

Posted: 11 Oct 2013 10:23 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 1.01.13 PMWho had the most influence on your life?

My aunt. She was paralyzed from the waist down, yet she was the most cheerful and positive person I had ever known. She had so many problems of her own, yet she was always there to listen, give advice, and help with whatever she could. Unfortunately, she passed away when she was only 37.

What was your greatest moment?

When I was 15, I won an all expenses paid exchange student scholarship. I was over the moon!

What advice would you give to your teenage self?

Be yourself, surround yourself with positive people, and shoot for the stars.

Share something you learned at your day job that applies to life in general.

Always look for ways to improve and work more efficiently. You can get really comfortable doing the same thing every day but it can get dull and boring if you are not being creative.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

27 is my favorite number, and I think it’s the perfect age when you are well past the teenage years, mature, but still very young :)

What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world?

Hunger in third world countries. I am very sad that in this day and age there are people in some parts of the world who are starving.

Favorite Lens

New Big Sister Gift Ideas

-katiecoletteGiant Squid on Squidoo

No comments:

Post a Comment