Thursday, October 17, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Halloween Crafts for Kids: 5 Fun Lenses

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 08:18 AM PDT

Children can’t help but get excited as Halloween draws near.

Here’s 5 fun lenses full of crafty ideas to help keep them busy while they wait for the big day.

Halloween Crafts for Kids

1. Halloween Crafts for Kids

Halloween is one of my favourite holidays as it gives the perfect opportunity to let your imagination (crafty and other) go wild! I wouldn’t mind it this holiday would be celebrated more than once to be honest. On this page I will be sharing cute Hall…

Halloween Crafts for Kids and Toddlers

2. Halloween Crafts for Kids and Toddlers

Looking for some fun activities to do with your toddler this Halloween? Here are the activities I did with my two- and- a- half- year- old, so that I could share the holiday with her in a friendly – and not scary – way! We used paint, glue, glitter and oth…

Candy Corn Halloween Crafts

3. Candy Corn Halloween Crafts

I have compiled a large selection of Candy Corn Halloween Crafts from all over the web onto this one page. don’t look any further to find the cutest halloween crafts for yourself or to do with the kids! I have videos, links to online tutorials, diy je…

Paper Plate Halloween Crafts for Toddlers

4. Paper Plate Halloween Crafts for Toddlers

I’ll present some very simple paper plate crafts you can do with your small kids for Halloween. I’ve chosen this topic, because of my own case. My boy is three years old. He loves to cut the paper. And he likes to create something. Then he has th…

Nature Inspired Halloween Activities for Kids

5. Nature Inspired Halloween Activities for Kids

Looking for Halloween activities for kids? Halloween is a great time to do crafts, games, and nature inspired activities with your children. Halloween activities are not only fun, but they can also be educational and even provide valuable bonding time with…

The Best Gifts for Tweens and Teens: Quest Winner (and other great gift idea lenses)

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 07:00 AM PDT

holiday club logoCongratulations to whatsittoyou for creating the winning lens from our most recent Holiday Club Quest.

We received a lot of great teen and tween gift suggestion lenses. Thank you to all who participated!

We’ve featured some of the lenses here but I highly recommend a visit to the quest lens, Recommend a Gift… For a Teen Quest to see them all.

There’s still plenty of time to get in on the holiday fun.  One lens each week gets chosen for a Lens of the Day feature.  Learn how you can join the Squidoo Holiday Club HERE.

 

Here’s the winning lens:

The Perfect Gift for a  Tween

 The Perfect Gift for a Tween

The tween years is the time in their lives where music becomes integral to their life. Think of the time frame of your favorite music, it will probably be from your tween and teenage years. Spending time with your friends and sharing those moments through…

And here’s some of the other great lenses we received:

Jane Austen's Emma - 2009 BBC Style

 Jane Austen’s Emma – 2009 BBC Style

Sadly, I did not discover Jane Austen’s novels until I was a senior in high school. Having never been ‘forced’ to read one of them as a student, I overlooked them as being too girly and romantic for my taste. I much preferred mysteries and f…

Gifts For Tweens Who Love Plush Big Bear Toys

 Gifts For Tweens Who Love Plush Big Bear Toys

Plush Toys When I was a kid, at that time there was not any Plush Toy rather there were dolls. We used to sew dresses for them with small pieces of colorful cotton material which we were about to throw away. Since some years back, Plush Toys became very po…

Perler Beads for Creative & Crafty Tweens

 Perler Beads for Creative & Crafty Tweens

The Holiday Club on Squidoo asked writers to recommend a gift that a tween or teen would love. And the first thing that popped into my mind was Perler Beads. My daughter is enthralled with them. These are perfect for boys or girls 9 years old and up. The g…

Fabulous Fox Gifts for Teen Fox Fans

 Fabulous Fox Gifts for Teen Fox Fans

Foxes, especially the red ones, are very popular now, thanks to Ylvis’ viral YouTube hit ‘What does the fox say? ‘ These cute woodland creatures are especially ‘in’ with the teenagers who want to wear anything foxes. fox sweaters,…

Lens of the Day: The Perfect Gift for a Tween

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 05:10 AM PDT

Day 2: $100 Challenge Winners

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 05:04 AM PDT

We’ve got our Day 2 winners! Each of these Lensmasters will get $100 in their November payout. Want to join in the fun? Join RocketSquids and make a new Product Review lens.

Little Tikes Pirate Ship: The Coolest Toddler Bed for Boys!

1. Little Tikes Pirate Ship: The Coolest Toddler Bed for Boys!

This pirate ship bed is a dream come true for little boys! Once upon a time, there was a very brave little pirate boy who had the best pirate ship in the whole Universe! No other pirate could compete with this little boy’s pirate ship! It was too powe…

Timbuk2 Classic Messenger Bag aka The Last Bag You'll Ever Need

2. Timbuk2 Classic Messenger Bag aka The Last Bag You’ll Ever Need

There are few brands that I would lay down on the train tracks for, and Timbuk2 is one of those brands. These bags are quality. They look great, they’ve got a ton of fantastic features, and they really do hold up over time. We’ve got 4 Timbuk2…

I Keep My Crafting Supplies In My Plano 3-Tray Tackle Box

3. I Keep My Crafting Supplies In My Plano 3-Tray Tackle Box

Yes, I use a tackle box, that ages before I used it for crafting was my actual tackle box for fishing. And it works just as well for storing crafts with the deep storage, three trays, and a lid that locks securely. It is also durable! Mine is decades old a…

Is the Google Nexus Tablet Suitable for a 12 Year Old?

4. Is the Google Nexus Tablet Suitable for a 12 Year Old?

As a parent I found it difficult when it came to making the decision to allow my twelve year old son to have a tablet of his own. He wanted one of course but was he old enough for the responsibility? On one hand he has access to and uses an iPad in school…

Personal Branding Tips - Jennifer Holloway

5. Personal Branding Tips – Jennifer Holloway

I read a lot of personal development type books each year because of the type of job that I do. These range from the short and pointed ones to those that are similar to reading several dozen academic papers! So, when I find one that really engages me and n…

A Few New Halloween Decorations You’ll Love

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 11:16 AM PDT

I’ve got tons of Halloween decorations that I’ve been collecting over the years but I always manage to add something new each year.  If you’re like me and you’re looking for your 2013 addition, have a look-see at the following four lenses to find something creepy and fun.

Help! A Zombie Gnome has Invaded My Garden

1. Help! A Zombie Gnome has Invaded My Garden

Gnome ‘Creep’ Gnome Most days my garden is a calm and peaceful place where many sweet gnomes reside. I get a kick out of seeing all my cute little garden gnomes every time I go outside. But something is different, something has changed. My tranqu…

Add Spark to Your Party with a Plasma Ball

2. Add Spark to Your Party with a Plasma Ball

Every year my children eagerly await the first week of October when we drag out the many boxes of Halloween decorations and start the process of getting ready for our favorite holiday of the year. As we dig through boxes of monsters, skulls, witches, and t…

A Cheap Fog Machine For Halloween

3. A Cheap Fog Machine For Halloween

A Cheap Fog Machine Another Halloween is just around the corner and I have decided to get a Halloween smoke machine to set the mood. I’m not an over the top Halloween enthusiast, but I do have fun with it, and a cheap fog machine should be just the ti…

The Halloween Hearse

4. The Halloween Hearse

It was the witching hour on Halloween night and Jenny shivered in a chill wind that blew the autumn leaves past her and wrapped her jean jacket closer around her. Maybe Trick or Treating alone in the country hadn’t been such a hot idea. The house were…

No comments:

Post a Comment