Friday, October 18, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Lens of the Day: Dorrie And The Blue Witch – A Halloween Magical Memory

Posted: 18 Oct 2013 05:46 AM PDT

Game On! 12 Awesome Video Game Reviews

Posted: 18 Oct 2013 05:02 AM PDT

Chrono Trigger - The Legend of All RPG Games

1. Chrono Trigger – The Legend of All RPG Games

Quick Overview: When this game was introduced in the 1990s, it won over the hearts of many gamers through its sheer originality in design, engaging gaming experience as well as its vivid, unique story line. This game also still boasts one of the most iconi…

Fable and The Adventures Therein

2. Fable and The Adventures Therein

I, though a simple peasant among kingdoms, have followed the (‘chicken kicker’) Hero child from his sisters birthday on that fateful day in the peaceful town of Oakville. I have held his hand as he sacrificed love, life and all within. Lives were…

Batman Arkham City Review - Best Game Of All Time

3. Batman Arkham City Review – Best Game Of All Time

Best Game. Ever. Batman Arkham City is my favourite game of all time, in any genre and on any platform. I have played this game to death, over and over and it’s one of the few games that I have played all the way through on different difficulty levels…

Pokemon Black 2 Review4. Pokemon Black 2 Review

Portable gaming consoles like the Nintendo 3DS are capable of fantastic things these days, but I still remember clearly the first time I played a Pokemon game. I was 13 years old, we had just moved to Italy from South Africa, and the only word I knew how t…

The Last Of Us Game Review

5. The Last Of Us Game Review

The Last of Us Game Review: The Last of Us was without a doubt, a truly extraordinary game. To review The Last of Us I will start by telling you that it is a game style I would not normally play. I am a diehard Call of duty fan; Black ops, Modern Warfare,…

Phantasy Star Online:  Let's Shoot Some Peeps!

6. Phantasy Star Online: Let’s Shoot Some Peeps!

It was the Fall of 2004 and my boyfriend, now husband, and I had just returned from a family gathering. I knew he had this game in his collection, and I was curious. I popped this into his Nintendo Gamecube and started to create my character. Her name was…

The Sims 3 - Island Paradise

7. The Sims 3 – Island Paradise

I love playing the Sims 3. If I’ve got time to spare I can get completely lost in a digital world of creating characters, designing homes and running (and ruining! ) lives. It’s such fun and the creators of the games have made it with their tongu…

If You Love Relaxing in Paradise and Intense Competition Turn to Wii Sports Resort

8. If You Love Relaxing in Paradise and Intense Competition Turn to Wii Sports Resort

If video games are a way to escape reality, then Wii Sports Resort is a way to escape to paradise – with some fun competition involved. Here’s what I love about Wii Sports Resort: 1. The graphics are AMAZING. On a cold, stormy day, you can actually fe…

Professor Layton Series: Video Games for Puzzle Lovers

9. Professor Layton Series: Video Games for Puzzle Lovers

Do you like mysteries? (Ooooooooooo. ) Do you prefer puzzling over fighting? (Brains over brawn! ) Are you interested in immersing yourself in truly interesting stories while tackling all sorts of crazy puzzles? (Yeah, yeah, yeah! ) Then, you need to check…

The 3 Best Tennis Games

10. The 3 Best Tennis Games

I am not a runner which is why I love tennis. With tennis I don’t have to think about the distance I still have to go or feel the burn. It’s an amazing workout where, after just one hour of a game I can be drenched without thinking its exercise b…

Scribblenauts, fantastic for creativity and spelling

11. Scribblenauts, fantastic for creativity and spelling

Oh My! Well honestly what can I say about Scribblenauts? It is by far the best and most original computer game that my children and I have played this year. It is so clever I can’t even being to imagine the amount of work that must have gone into Scri…

Your first tomb raid with Lara Croft

12. Your first tomb raid with Lara Croft

Tomb raider, when you say that name you imagine this sexy, kick- ass lady with wits rival to McGyver (sadly, those who play this might not know who McGyver was/is) Lara Croft is a tomb raider, a treasure hunter with tools and she’s not afraid to use i…

Day 3: $100 Challenge Winners

Posted: 18 Oct 2013 04:40 AM PDT

Our RocketSquids and the Giant Squids have been super busy making new Product Review lenses.

So are you ready for the Day 3 $100 Challenge winners? Here you go. Each of these Lensmasters will receive $100 in the November payout. Congratulations! We'll be back tomorrow with our Day 4 winners.

The Perfect Gift for the Food Loving Traveler

1. The Perfect Gift for the Food Loving Traveler

Looking for the perfect gift for the world- traveling foodie? There is no other book that even comes close. If you’re like me, there’s almost nothing in the world that compares to the pleasures of good food combined with the excitement of traveli…

Batman Arkham City Review - Best Game Of All Time

2. Batman Arkham City Review – Best Game Of All Time

Best Game. Ever. Batman Arkham City is my favourite game of all time, in any genre and on any platform. I have played this game to death, over and over and it’s one of the few games that I have played all the way through on different difficulty levels…

Bob Dylan At His Best, Live

3. Bob Dylan At His Best, Live

Close to forty years ago when I went to see Bob Dylan live for the first time as his Rolling Thunder Review swept America, I never imagined that, all these years later, I’d own a recording of that legendary show and get knocked out again every time I…

Luther Vandross: Live at Wembley on DVD

4. Luther Vandross: Live at Wembley on DVD

Bought with Love The best gifts are not necessarily the ones in the largest boxes or the items that cost the most money. On the contrary, in my personal experience the best gifts are the ones that have a special meaning to the person receiving the gift. Wh…

Black Adder- A Hilarious Look at British History That Never Was...

5. Black Adder- A Hilarious Look at British History That Never Was…

A few years ago a friend who knows me all too well gave me the complete Black Adder Series on DVD. I was hooked. This is truely the perfect TV series for anyone who loves the qwirky combination British Humor and History. (believe me. there are more of us o…

Meet gardenharbor, she’s a Giant Squid!

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 09:50 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-10-17 at 12.46.25 PM

What is the single best piece of advice you’d give to everyone?

Don’t follow the standard path! There are so many ways to live your life, just make sure you’re happy :)

Who had the most influence on your life?

I have had so many people influence my life, but none as much as my husband. He supports and motivates me to follow my dreams and always keeps me on my toes to be a better person.

What was your greatest moment?

Definitely meeting my husband. Nothing has transformed my life as much as that moment.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

A mother, a wife, an entrepreneur, and a happy person :)

What advice would you give to your teenage self?

Holy Moly – REEEELLAAX. Life just gets better and better…being old will be better than being young!

Share something you learned at your day job that applies to life in general.

When things don’t work out, just let it go. Don’t dwell on it and don’t let it discourage you. Just move on to the next idea and use the downfall as a springboard to new ideas.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

Probably much older than I actually am :)

What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world?

I think too many people spend too much time working on projects or at jobs that don’t actually contribute to their well being. I wish the world respected a well rounded life a little more.

Favorite Lens

Using Pinterest to Market Your Products, Websites, and Lenses

-gardenharborGiant Squid on Squidoo

No comments:

Post a Comment