Sunday, October 20, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Lens of the Day: “What Does the Fox Say?” Fox Costumes and Other Animal Costume Ideas

Posted: 20 Oct 2013 06:29 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-10-20 at 9.28.29 AMThe end-of-the-summer break out hit from brothers, Vegard and Bard Ylvisaker, has not only gone viral within days of being uploaded on Youtube on September 3, 2013, but all of the crazy animal costumes are sure to inspire costume ideas for office parties and Halloween.

Day 5: $100 Challenge Winners

Posted: 20 Oct 2013 06:14 AM PDT

Good morning! Here are the 5 $100 winners for the Product Review challenge. Each of these Lensmasters will receive $100 in their November payout. Want to join in the fun? Join the RocketSquids and make a new Product Review lens.

Bose Sound Dock

1. Bose Sound Dock

Bose Gets What I Want As one who is smart- sizing her life, I look for products that are sleek, powerful, and capable of giving me a lot of bang for the buck. I want high quality and value- added functionality. Bose gets that. I feel like they can read my…

Give the Priceless Gift of Laughter with This Is Spinal Tap

2. Give the Priceless Gift of Laughter with This Is Spinal Tap

The late, great film critic Roger Ebert called This Is Spinal Tap ‘one of the funniest movies ever made. ‘ This clearly is an understatement and I can only guess at why he chose to hedge his bets. I’ve watched this hilarious rockumentary sat…

Happy Birthday to the Great Land of My Birth on Alaska Day

3. Happy Birthday to the Great Land of My Birth on Alaska Day

The thrill of the kayakers skirting Fox Island stirs all sorts of reminiscences in me, so when I saw this poster of the waters off Fox Island I knew I wanted to feature it in a writing contest on Squidoo. Alaska’s birth date is marked as March 30, 186…

The Hobbit Toy Sword for Adventurous Kids - and Adults!

4. The Hobbit Toy Sword for Adventurous Kids – and Adults!

I’m an unashamedly ‘grown- up’ fan of The Hobbit. As a kid, I loved the book and now that I’m fast approaching 40, I’m living a dream by enjoying the movie blockbusters which are helping to bring this fantasy to life and extend the…

My Kid's Crazy Cool KEVA Creations

5. My Kid’s Crazy Cool KEVA Creations

On cold wintry days, there is nothing like a cozy fire, a large area of open floor, and about 400 KEVA blocks. My son didn’t sit still in grade school. He would wiggle, bounce his leg, jiggle his foot, pull at buttons, poke his pencil through his shir…

Lens of the Day: Should I Buy the Infantino Flip Baby Carrier?

Posted: 19 Oct 2013 01:18 PM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 4.17.52 PMI have been using the Infantino Flip carrier for just over a month now with my two-month-old son, and I love it! It is sturdy, it fits well, is super-easy to get on and off, and supports my baby beautifully (which is no mean feat, given that he is a whopper – 9lb 5oz at birth and now over 15lb already!)

Meet tembrooke, she’s a Giant Squid!

Posted: 19 Oct 2013 01:15 PM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 4.10.09 PM

What is the single best piece of advice you’d give to everyone?

Be kind to everyone, including yourself.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

A novelist! I’ve been working on a novel for a long time and I’d love to finish it and make it a series.

What did you admire most about your mother/father/parents?

Their resilience. They’ve been through so much and somehow, they still manage to keep going.

What advice would you give to your teenage self?

Don’t let fear of failure, rejection, or anything else stop you from trying new things in life.

Share something you learned at your day job that applies to life in general.

You never stop learning. There’s always going to be changes and new challenges, and you have to be flexible and adapt.

What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world?

I’d like people to have more joy in their lives.

Favorite Lens

Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency: Douglas Adams’s amazing supernatural fiction

-tembrookeGiant Squid on Squidoo

Let’s Visit Some Pumpkin Patches on Squidoo

Posted: 19 Oct 2013 10:13 AM PDT

Halloween is on its way. Have you picked your pumpkin yet?

If you’re still looking for your great pumpkin this weekend, you might find it in one of the following pumpkin patches. Take a look!

A Day at the Pumpkin Patch -- Lombardi Ranch in Santa Clarita, California

1. A Day at the Pumpkin Patch — Lombardi Ranch in Santa Clarita, California

Autumn means harvest. and Halloween. Some people prefer to celebrate Halloween while others would rather celebrate the harvest. What better way to celebrate the coming of fall than with a festival celebrating both? Lombardi Ranch in Saugus, CA does just th…

Halloween at Bishop's Pumpkin Farm in Wheatland, CA

2. Halloween at Bishop’s Pumpkin Farm in Wheatland, CA

Visiting a pumpkin farm is a great Halloween tradition. Every year, we take our kids to Bishop’s Pumpkin Farm in Wheatland, CA (near Sacramento), and we spend the whole day picking out pumpkins, riding the train, going on the slides, watching the pig…

Halloween Fall Farm Events in Rochester, New York

3. Halloween Fall Farm Events in Rochester, New York

. Hitting up the Halloween Hay Rides, Corn Mazes, sippin’ Cider and eating Kettle Corn on the Wagon Rides, and picking Pumpkins on the farms around Rochester, NY. I might even take a grandchild or two. When you tell someone you live in New York, some…

Backyard Pumpkin Patch

4. Backyard Pumpkin Patch

Every year my dad grows our very own pumpkin patch in the north end of our backyard. This year is no exception, as we’ve got a bumper crop of big and small orange and white pumpkins! Check out the fruits of our labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment