Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Meet Mickie_G, she’s a Giant Squid!

Posted: 23 Oct 2013 06:04 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 9.00.31 AM
Who had the most influence on your life?

Trite though it may be, when asked who had the most influence on my life, I would have to say that it is my husband. He taught me that I should not bottle up my feelings and let them ferment only to explode when least expected or wanted. He also taught me to be honest with myself by owning my mistakes and not blaming someone else for them. On the flip side, he also encourages me to take pride in my accomplishments and my good qualities.

What advice would you give to your teenage self?

Just because your high school boyfriend wants you to graduate from high school early and go to Texas Tech, don’t do it! Take your time and enjoy being young and fancy free. However, remember to make good, responsible decisions based on truth and not emotion.

Favorite Lens

Repair Your Broken Books

-Mickie_GGiant Squid on Squidoo

Day 8: $100 Challenge Winners

Posted: 23 Oct 2013 05:43 AM PDT

Day 8 is great! Check out these $100 winners. Our Giant Squids and RocketSquids are rocking the new Product review format.

Cordless Dremel Tool : Dog Pedicures Made Easy

1. Cordless Dremel Tool : Dog Pedicures Made Easy

Saturday is dog manicure day for my pack. Nail trimming used to be a stressful experience for all of us, before my tool of choice was the friendly Dremel 7300- PT two- speed cordless grinder. Now, it’s a total doggie salon scene. When I get out the na…

Fisher-Price Little People Batcave - Not Just For Boys

2. Fisher-Price Little People Batcave – Not Just For Boys

My husband and I don’t really believe in gender defining play things, if it’s a toy and it looks fun, we’ll buy it (assuming we have the money and occasion to do so). Batman in general is a favorite of ours so we were very much attracted to…

Tales of a Female Nomad: Be Inspired to Live a Life Less Ordinary

3. Tales of a Female Nomad: Be Inspired to Live a Life Less Ordinary

In 2002, I was a young student when I came across Tales of a Female Nomad at my university bookstore. I had no idea that buying this book would change my life. This book is Rita Golden Gelman’s personal story. Facing divorce at the age of forty eight,…

The Wrong Jefferson Got the Blame

4. The Wrong Jefferson Got the Blame

Author William Hyland spoke about “In Defense of Thomas Jefferson” at the monthly author talk at my local library in Central Florida. Though I am not an avid historian, I took an interest in this book because it jived with what I felt intuitively…

Marge Tindal's Native American Poetry

5. Marge Tindal’s Native American Poetry

Marge Tindal was a great Poet and though we lived ocean wide apart, she was my best friend. Sadly I have to write ‘was’ because she’s no longer with us. Marge passed away rather unexpectedly on January 26, 2009. I met Marge on the internet f…

Lens of the Day: This Granny Loves Adam Lambert

Posted: 23 Oct 2013 05:17 AM PDT

3 Homemade Halloween Costume Ideas You’ll Love

Posted: 22 Oct 2013 04:08 PM PDT

When my children were small, I never bought their costumes because I had so much fun making them. If you like homemade costumes better, I think you’ll enjoy these 3 lenses.

How To Create A Bride of Frankenstein Hairdo Using Your Own Long Hair

1. How To Create A Bride of Frankenstein Hairdo Using Your Own Long Hair

Bride of Frankenstein is a classic and favorite Halloween costume. While you can certainly buy one it is much more fun, creative, and less costly to make your own. What about that bizarre hairdo that is the center of attention on this costume, how the heck…

Crochet a Halloween Flower Costume For Dogs

2. Crochet a Halloween Flower Costume For Dogs

Oh yes I did. nobody in our house escapes my passion for crochet, and to be honest my little Bull dog Belle makes an awesome model for this years Flower Halloween costume. She loves getting dressed up and is the talk of the town. This year we decided not t…

13 Steps To Becoming Zombiefied

3. 13 Steps To Becoming Zombiefied

So you want to dress up as a zombie this Halloween? Do you know how to go about it? If you don’t, I will help you all I can. In 13 steps I will show you how to become a zombie for Halloween! I’ve also included many pictures for your enjoyment. Th…

RocketSquids Book Review New Format

Posted: 22 Oct 2013 02:54 PM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 5.54.08 PMHey there all you squid readers out there. We’ve got a wonderful selection of books for you to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment