Friday, October 4, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Introducing GratitudeatAltitude

Posted: 04 Oct 2013 09:15 AM PDT

Say hello to GratitudeatAltitude, a full-time mom, part-time nursing student, and now a Squidoo lensmaster who, somehow, has found time to start a nice collection of lenses. Please make her feel welcome!

How did you find Squidoo? I found squidoo from googling “affiliate marketing” and then more specifically the “oneweekmarketing” plan.

You’re a busy lady, balancing a family and schoolwork and now Squidoo, but you’re doing a great job building up your lens portfolio. Any hot topics you’re planning on writing about next? Hot topics for me are close to my heart! I have so many ideas and topics. I can speak to the most amazing song I heard the other day. What happened to the great old bands like the samples? Digable planets? Luther van dross?
I’m starting a diet called real protein for only 10 or 15 lbs. I’m doing it because I’ve carried the extra weight after my son for 3 years.
I could continually talk about trucks. Who knew? I have a kid addicted to trash trucks and every truck.
I can talk about starting college at 40
I can talk about camping, fishing, vacationing.
I’ve lived in a few different countries, I was young but I’ve seen and experience good and bad.
I can write about my parents who have been married for 52 years!

What can Squidoo do for you? Squidoo provides an outlet for creativity and also a possibility for generating a little extra income.

Meet angelatvs, she’s a Giant Squid!

Posted: 04 Oct 2013 08:28 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 11.24.43 AM

What is the single best piece of advice you’d give to everyone?

The piece of advice that I would give to everyone is “go outside and play everyday that you can.” Even if you just get outside and do something you love for 30 minutes, it is important to breathe the air outside and observe the colors of the sky. We always tell our children to go outside and play – I think it’s important for everyone no matter what your age.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I want to be a marine biologist when I grow up. Right now I am satisfied with being a mom and active partner in the family business and writing on Squidoo.

What did you admire most about your mother/father/parents?

I admire my parents creativity the most. We didn’t have a lot of extra money, so they were very inventive in finding free activities to do as a family. Climbing mountains was one of our favorites and learning how to climb them taught me to never give up on any challenge that you are faced with in life.

What advice would you give to your teenage self?

If I had to give advice to my teenage self, I would tell myself to not be afraid of who I am. Trying to fit in with the crowd or pretend to be something that you are not never turns out well. So be who you are and be proud of it.

Favorite Lens

Central Auditory Processing Disorder : Helping Your Child At Home

-angelatvsGiant Squid on Squidoo

Halloween Recipes: Plus See Who Won Our Latest Happy Halloween Club Quest

Posted: 04 Oct 2013 06:25 AM PDT

halloweencupcakes winninglensAs part of our Countdown to Halloween we’re proud to present the lenses created during our most recent Happy Halloween Club quest.  Congratulations go to MSchindel. Her Creepy, Crawly, Gory, Ghoulish, Spooky, Scary Halloween Dessert Recipes has been chosen the winner.

For all of her hard work, she’ll receive a $25.00 amazon.com gift card.  Here’s her lens:

Creepy, Crawly, Gory, Ghoulish, Spooky, Scary Halloween Dessert Recipes

 Creepy, Crawly, Gory, Ghoulish, Spooky, Scary Halloween Dessert Recipes

Great party food and great entertainment are the keys to success for any holiday party, so give your Halloween party guests some sweet treats with these creepy, crawly, gory, ghoulish, spooky and scary Halloween dessert recipes! I’ve picked out some o…

And here’s all of the other ghastly goodies we received.

Bloody Glass Red Velvet Cupcakes

1. Bloody Glass Red Velvet Cupcakes

These spooky cupcakes make an frightening addition to any party. In fact, they are scary enough (and tasty enough) that you can incorporate them into many party different themes. So many Halloween movies involve scenes with broken, bloody glass that they c…

Witchy Fingers

2. Witchy Fingers

Yes, they’re cookies! If you came here looking for amazingly ghoulish Halloween cookies to surprise your guests with, you found them! They certainly are perfect for attention grabbers! You can make them green like witch’s fingers, or make it look…

Halloween Curry Rice

3. Halloween Curry Rice

Halloween is all about having fun and spending my time cooped up in the kitchen all day is not my idea of having a good time. As I was thinking about what I would be making for Halloween dinner, I decided that I wanted it to be pretty easy to make and some…

Easy Eerie Exploding Eyeball Cupcakes (with Key S'lime ooze!)

4. Easy Eerie Exploding Eyeball Cupcakes (with Key S’lime ooze!)

Love fun and creepy? Me too! These were created by me from my sheer need to come up with something easy and quick to bring with me to parties (or hand out to friends! ). When you’re pressed for time and you’ve committed to your childâ…

Halloween Gross Out: Bloody Baked Potatoes Inspired by Psycho

5. Halloween Gross Out: Bloody Baked Potatoes Inspired by Psycho

Care to see if your guests have stomachs of steel? Want to suss out the hidden vampires in your midst? Or do you, like, me have an unhealthy obsession with the shower scene from ‘Psycho’? Something about the blood on white ceramic just grabs my a…

Mummy Madness Halloween Party - Gifts, Food & Ideas

6. Mummy Madness Halloween Party – Gifts, Food & Ideas

The Mummy Madness Halloween Party is a great way to celebrate your night. For both adults and kids, this theme is sure to create some smiles. When looking up Halloween party ideas, I came across this Mummy Madness party theme created by the galagals. Scrol…

Gruesome Halloween Feast

7. Gruesome Halloween Feast

Are you ready for Halloween? Planning for a party or just want to give excitement to your family’s halloween dinner? If you are you’re in the right place, I’ve got a few Halloween recipes that is surely delicious and would spook your pants o…

Spooky Spirits and Libations

8. Spooky Spirits and Libations

Planning on celebrating Halloween with adults? If so, you may be looking for colorful and tasty drinks that are at least one part alcohol, whether that be wine, whiskey or other spirits. Whether you are hosting a big Halloween Bash, or just providing treat…

Halloween Party Food: Zombie Brains Deviled Eggs

 9. Halloween Party Food: Zombie Brains Deviled Eggs

Serve some dreadfully delicious Zombie Brains Deviled Eggs at your Halloween party this year. Your guests, both the living and undead, will be clawing and digging their way back to the table for more! I used my very simple deviled eggs recipe that makes a…

Real Insect Candies for Halloween

10. Real Insect Candies for Halloween

These treats are not for the faint- hearted! Everyone loves candy on Halloween. Kids especially get excited for trick- or- treating to see how much candy they can make on that special day. That being said, these type of candies can take your average Hallow…

Thank you to everyone who shared a fun Halloween recipe with us!

Lens of the Day: The 4-Hour Work Week: How It Can Change Your Life

Posted: 04 Oct 2013 05:03 AM PDT

Check Out These Creepy Halloween Snacks

Posted: 03 Oct 2013 03:46 PM PDT

Witchy Fingers

1. Witchy Fingers

Yes, they’re cookies! If you came here looking for amazingly ghoulish Halloween cookies to surprise your guests with, you found them! They certainly are perfect for attention grabbers! You can make them green like witch’s fingers, or make it look…

Real Insect Candies for Halloween

2. Real Insect Candies for Halloween

These treats are not for the faint- hearted! Everyone loves candy on Halloween. Kids especially get excited for trick- or- treating to see how much candy they can make on that special day. That being said, these type of candies can take your average Hallow…

Halloween 'Creepy Foods'  ... Still Delicious, but Gross Looking!

3. Halloween ‘Creepy Foods’ … Still Delicious, but Gross Looking!

If you will be having a Halloween party, what better way to add a bit to the occasion – with delicious, delectible, and decorative delicacies! Yup, food. What’s a party without food? But even better, there are ways to ‘dress up’ the food to…

How to make Jiggly Jello Worms - Halloween Recipe

4. How to make Jiggly Jello Worms – Halloween Recipe

Eat worms lately? How about some realistic looking Jello Worms? These worms will make you the coolest parent (or kid) on the block. Present them in a lovely bowl, or make it look as if you just scooped them out of the garden by adding an old tin and crumbl…

Halloween Gross Out: Bloody Baked Potatoes Inspired by Psycho

5. Halloween Gross Out: Bloody Baked Potatoes Inspired by Psycho

Care to see if your guests have stomachs of steel? Want to suss out the hidden vampires in your midst? Or do you, like, me have an unhealthy obsession with the shower scene from ‘Psycho’? Something about the blood on white ceramic just grabs my a…

Halloween Party Food For Kids

6. Halloween Party Food For Kids

Looking a little like slippery slithery snakes these edible mythical cereal creatures are actually nice and crispy sweet to eat. They put a little healthier twist on children’s Halloween party snack food. These Rice Krispies critters are made basicall…

It’s All About The Story…Your Story

Posted: 03 Oct 2013 11:04 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 1.47.33 PMThis past week we let our Giant Squids play with the New Lens Format and we’re almost ready to share it with the entire community. We’re pretty excited about this because these new lenses are bringing out some amazing creativity and storytelling which is exactly what Squidoo is about. YOUR story!

Go beyond (way beyond) paraphrasing product descriptions or listing facts or quoting reviews. That’s pretty boring and not what people really want. People want stories that humor and move and inspire. Stories that are shareable because they are real and unique and completely original. Even products as basic as a cake mix can be delightful when there’s a story behind them. It’s not just a cake mix when you share how that it saved your dinner party.

A good (and personal) review and recommendation builds trust and that translates into readers wanting to buy the products you know and love.

Oh and did we mention photos? We love personal photos and so will your fans.

So do check out these new stories by the Giant Squids. I was so inspired by them I even created a little video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLF4qfyJ63U about (you guessed it) storytelling.

So enjoy these lenses and start thinking about what stories you’re going to tell. We can’t wait to hear them!

The Scariest Movie I've Ever Seen

1. The Scariest Movie I’ve Ever Seen

It’s the summer of 1997 in Southern California, just before my freshman year of high school. My brother has invited me out with his group of friends to see a movie called ‘Event Horizon. ‘ Little did I know that this movie would ignite my li…

A Somewhat Tragic Tail of Cats and Clippers

2. A Somewhat Tragic Tail of Cats and Clippers

January 12, 1993. The day my life changed forever. I had recently purchased a 24 foot catamaran built by a reformed Eskimo surf instructor livin in Miami. Despite my lifetime of sailin all over the world in the Gentlemen Pirates Brigade, I deigned to embar…

Follow The Shadow (6000) Home

3. Follow The Shadow (6000) Home

Intimate Affair. With My Running Shoes I liked everything about the Saucony Shadow, the looks, the feel, right up to the 6000. I even liked the name, even if it was a marketing gimmick, with it’s completely misleading suggestion of mystery and the unk…

Feeding Hummingbirds

4. Feeding Hummingbirds

I love to feed the birds that visit my backyard and my most favorites are the little ruby throated hummingbirds who visit from about April through October each year. Well, maybe I should be clear about that, for the past two years these delightfully amazin…

I LOVE My Squishable Worrible Round Plush Monster!

5. I LOVE My Squishable Worrible Round Plush Monster!

I am so in love with my Squishable Worrible round pillow monster that I decided to create this special page just for him! First of all, yes, he is a monster! But he is not your ‘regular’ monster you see. He doesn’t scare people and he is not…

Love My Painter X3

6. Love My Painter X3

Painter X3 has taken over my traditional oil painting easel and palette and I love it. I’ve always painter traditionally with oils, acrylics, watercolors and pastels, but was having increasing difficulties with some of them because of asthma and aller…

Where To Find Rainbow Loom Rubber Bands

7. Where To Find Rainbow Loom Rubber Bands

Disclaimer: Grown women will wrestle each other to the ground for tiny rubber bands. Make no mistake, the quest for Rainbow Loom rubber bands is serious business. Moms across the country are on mad missions to find rubber bands in designer colors for Girl…

Dog Poop Bags That Don't Cost The Earth8. Dog Poop Bags That Don’t Cost The Earth

A really great dog poop bag is a dog owner’s second- best friend. Add a great bag dispenser, and life is good. Friends without dogs roll their eyes when I start going on about how much I love Earth Rated’s eco- friendly pet waste pick- up bags -…

Betty Crocker Cake Mix to the Rescue

9. Betty Crocker Cake Mix to the Rescue

The Cake Mix for Busy People Everybody in Tokyo seems to constanly be on the move all the time. With most of my friends being in a creative field that includes never- ending projects and deadlines, it’s a rare treat that we all are able to get togethe…

No comments:

Post a Comment