Sunday, November 10, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Lens of the Day: Why Ravensburger’s Labyrinth Board Game Is Fun For The Whole Family

Posted: 10 Nov 2013 05:06 AM PST

20 Gifts You’re Going To Love!

Posted: 09 Nov 2013 03:39 PM PST

Best Choice Of Cross Stitch Frames

1. Best Choice Of Cross Stitch Frames

Every so often I like to try out a new craft and recently I decided to have a go at cross stich. I soon discovered that manhandling the cross stitch I was working on was a little limiting and that a cross stitch frame was needed! After taking a look at qui…

Sharks Make Great Pets

2. Sharks Make Great Pets

You can have a virtual pet shark. You can have an inflatable pet shark which swims along in the air. You can have a pet robot shark which swims in water too. Or, you can own an exotic pet and set up a real aquarium with real, living, sharks. Of course, onl…

Walk In My Shoes: An Eye Opener

3. Walk In My Shoes: An Eye Opener

My mind was still young when I first opened this book. I knew so little about war- torn countries and the plight the civilians had to face. All I could imagine was black and white, life and death. Nothing so complicated. This book was the first material th…

X-Acto Knives - The Craft Tool I Can't Do Without

4. X-Acto Knives – The Craft Tool I Can’t Do Without

The one thing in my crafting toolbox that I couldn’t do without is my X- Acto knife set. I have used those versatile and razor sharp craft knives to cut a wide variety of materials. Nothing beats them for cutting precision edges on photographs for col…

Complete Sushi Kit for Sushi Lovers!

5. Complete Sushi Kit for Sushi Lovers!

Sushi . it’s a versatile food. But you need the rice (the right kind of rice, too), the nori seaweed wrap, the Aji- mirin rice- wine vinegar, the molds, the bamboo roll mats, the shoyu (soy sauce), the wasabi horse- radish, the ginger garnish, and the…

Bake-A-Bone: The Original Dog Treat Maker

6. Bake-A-Bone: The Original Dog Treat Maker

The ‘Natural’ Solution for Better Dog Health When it comes to my pets I am very particular as to what they eat. Finding the right snacks and treats that aren’t loaded with a ton of preservatives is almost impossible. After my dog was diagnos…

Lego Star Wars Ships

7. Lego Star Wars Ships

Lego star wars is my favorite genre of legos. As you can tell by the background on this page, my son and I have many lego ships, both republic and sith ships. Recently, I have been getting into the large lego sets that are over 1,000 pieces. Every year, le…

Miracle in the Andes: Survivor's story

8. Miracle in the Andes: Survivor’s story

The Andes plane crash: A survivor’s story It was in the mid- 1970s that I first read about an astonishing story of survival. Piers Paul Reid, a respected author, recounted the true story of how sixteen young men had survived a plane crash and survived…

Gothic Romance The Cougar

9. Gothic Romance The Cougar

The Cougar is a Gothic romance novel in the tradition of Mary Shelley or Edgar Allen Poe. I wrote it myself and recently published it on kindle for the first time. At present I am waiting for proof copies for the paperback version. Normally I write on musi…

My Favorite Knitting Tools

10. My Favorite Knitting Tools

Lots of knitters prefer the straight needles, but my all- time favorite are the circular needles. You never have to search for where the other needle has gotten lots to. You husband is less likely to pick one up to probe or use as a pseudo screw driver (wh…

The Hunger- The Original Beautiful Vampires

11. The Hunger- The Original Beautiful Vampires

Before David Bowie was given the title of Best Dressed Englishman in history, he played a stylish and sexy Vampire opposite the exquisite Catherine Deneuve in The Hunger. This is no teen vampires vs. werewolves flick. This film is loaded with heavy 80…

Terminator 3 Rise Of The Machines

12. Terminator 3 Rise Of The Machines

I absolutely love the Terminator movies. I remember when I saw the first Terminator for the very first time. It was all the way in 1990. I had to wait that long since it was a rated R movie and I was only like 9 or 10 when it first came out. The second mov…

Howard Staunton Chess Set

13. Howard Staunton Chess Set

My chess set is a thing of beauty. There is nothing quite like a hand carved Staunton style chess set. The Staunton pieces are tactile and need to be held and this I feel is the fascination most people have with chess sets and the individual pieces. Collec…

Sitting Pretty For Small Change

14. Sitting Pretty For Small Change

My inspiration for drawing your attention to my bedroom chair? My husband, recently laid up with a bout of sciatica, remarked that it was the only chair he could comfortably sit in. Heretofore, it had been my own exclusive place to sit, and I am presently…

Enemy Mine Is One Of My Favorite Science Fiction Films Of The 80's

15. Enemy Mine Is One Of My Favorite Science Fiction Films Of The 80′s

I love my science fiction, and even though it’s not a very popular film, Enemy Mine is one of my favorite sci fi movies of the 80′s. It didn’t do particularly well at the box office, and there are many people who have negative opinions about…

Warming Up to an Infrared Quartz Heater

16. Warming Up to an Infrared Quartz Heater

Clean, smart, efficient, and good- looking, to keep me warm on a cold winter evening. Sounds like a personals ad, doesn’t it? And that’s not so far off the mark, because – True Confession time – I’m half in love with an infrared quartz space…

Thread Snips, My Favorite Sewing Tool

17. Thread Snips, My Favorite Sewing Tool

Dear thread snips, We’ve been working together for nearly eight years. It’s been a special time, and I just wanted to let you know that I can’t live (or work) without you. Whenever I’m sewing, whenever I’m quilting and whenever I…

Zoomer the Robot Dog

18. Zoomer the Robot Dog

Doggy Devotion Can you think of a better gift than a dog? I can . . . a robot dog! Imagine getting all the benefits of a dog without the responsibilities. Forget about having to clean- up after the mechanical mutt because there is no mess. A cyborg canine…

Give a Gift of Comfort and Warmth this Holiday Season with a White Goose Down Alternative Comforter

19. Give a Gift of Comfort and Warmth this Holiday Season with a White Goose Down Alternative Comforter

I received a feather comforter as a Christmas gift one year. My sister received the same one. Both of us did not ask for a comforter or did we really need one. However, my step- mother thought she would give us a cozy gift of comfort and warmth. I liked th…

Sunlight Desk Lamp Natural Full Spectrum Sun Light Prevents SAD Winter Blues

20. Sunlight Desk Lamp Natural Full Spectrum Sun Light Prevents SAD Winter Blues

Do you get the winter blues? I do too – but fortunately, there’s a helpful (and very affordable) fix available – sunlight desk lamps (and floor lamps too). And they work – and keep me happy! I love my sunlight desk lamp – and my other full spectrum na…

No comments:

Post a Comment