Friday, November 15, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Something New For You To Review (Join Us In The Fun).

Posted: 15 Nov 2013 07:22 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 10.08.59 AM
Yesterday Robin and I started creating some curated lists like  The Top 25 Animation Movies of 2013 and  Top 100 Rock Albums Of All Time. The purpose of these list is to spark your imagination and get your creative juices flowing. We want you to review the things on the lists that you know and love.

So far a handful of lensmasters have found our lists and the feedback we’re getting is fantastic. The lists are pretty easy to use. Just find your favorite books, movies, video games and gifts and click the purple “Review It” button to get started.

Everyone in the Squidoo community is welcome to create a review which is pretty exciting because this is the first time that we’re sharing our new Product Review Format to the entire community.

So do check your Quest Tab daily as the SquidStaff will be coming up with new lists every week. Also be sure to take a look at these tips for creating a new format lens if you’ve neer tried on before.

Are you ready to join in? Here are the list we have so far…

The Top 25 Animation Movies of 2013

Top 100 Rock Albums Of All Time

Top 50 Toys For Girls

The Top 25 Xbox Video Games of 2013

100 Best 80′s Albums

30 Disney Animated Classics

Review One Of The 100 Best 80′s Albums

Posted: 15 Nov 2013 06:14 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 9.12.33 AMReview one of the best albums of the 1980′s.

Lens of the Day: Better Photos for Sharing – The Sociographer

Posted: 15 Nov 2013 05:24 AM PST

18 Awesome Lenses That Were Built Yesterday

Posted: 14 Nov 2013 12:01 PM PST

You guys have been awfully busy creating terrific lenses using our three new lens formats. Here’s 18 lenses we love  that were built just yesterday.

Zombie Plush Slippers for Adults

1. Zombie Plush Slippers for Adults

Looking for the perfect classy gift for someone special? Well. these slippers aren’t classy but they sure are special! Any zombie fan would love to have a pair of beheaded undead for their feet. They make for a great gift year round & are sure…

Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies

2. Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies

When I was a kid, a special treat during the holidays were Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies. My mom was one of the best cooks and bakers around, and I just knew her molasses cookies were the best in the world. She only baked them during the winter holidays,…

Koss PortaPro Headphones - Still a Crazy Good Gift After All These Years!

3. Koss PortaPro Headphones – Still a Crazy Good Gift After All These Years!

How do Koss Porta Pro headphones introduced in 1984 remain the company’s best selling model 30 years later? By outperforming and outlasting newer models at an unbeatable price (~ $40)! In the world of personal electronics, planned obsolescence is an a…

A Gift of Warmth and Elegance

4. A Gift of Warmth and Elegance

Add a beautiful electric fireplace to a home and you’re giving a gift of warmth and elegance for your family or someone you love. When I first saw these types of fireplaces, I was a little wary that they would look more like a prop than anything but a…

My Flow Of Wisdom: Inner Journey To PURE CONSCIOUSNESS

5. My Flow Of Wisdom: Inner Journey To PURE CONSCIOUSNESS

Have you ever authored a book? For me, it was not that easy for my first book Inner Journey To PURE CONSCIOUSNESS and it was obvious as I had never written one before. Let me tell you about how come I decided to author this one The Flow of Wisdom started f…

Procyon AVS System Perfect For Relaxation

6. Procyon AVS System Perfect For Relaxation

My Procyon arrived two days ago and I’ve been testing it ever since! I can now safely confirm that the Procyon AVS system is a great way to relax the mind and help meditate as well. I am a big fan of meditation, and while the classic meditation techni…

Homemade Leftover Turkey Dinner Dog Biscuits

7. Homemade Leftover Turkey Dinner Dog Biscuits

Treat Your Dogs To A Woofilicious Turkey Dinner Made With An Extra Serving Of Love Are you wondering what to do with all the leftovers from your Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey dinner? You can only eat so many turkey sandwiches and bowls of turkey soup be…

The Perfect Coffee Press Makes A Great Gift

8. The Perfect Coffee Press Makes A Great Gift

I like a good cup of coffee in the morning. Real, fresh tasty coffee with a quick jolt of caffeine to get me moving. I’ve reached an age where I can no longer have five or six coffees a day, so the one I do have has to be something special. I like Fre…

Celebrate with an Art Cake

9. Celebrate with an Art Cake

The challenge of making something different Last weekend I was faced with the challenge of organizing a birthday party for a very good friend of mine. I’ve known him for about 13 years and we’ve become very close so his birthday had to be very sp…

Watership Down: Book for children & adults

10. Watership Down: Book for children & adults

Watership Down: A book for readers of all ages Many years ago, I lived in Hampshire and during that time, a book was published that was set in the area in which I lived. ‘Interesting’ I thought. Then I realized that this was a fictional tales abo…

An Advent Calendar Gift For The Fashionista

11. An Advent Calendar Gift For The Fashionista

My niece received this Ciate Manicure Advent Calendar from her boyfriend last year. He’s now her fiance. These two facts may be unrelated, but I’m not so sure, she really did love her nail polish advent calendar with the funky caviar beads. Adven…

Sunflower Crochet Headband Ear Warmer Pattern to Wear or for Gift Giving

12. Sunflower Crochet Headband Ear Warmer Pattern to Wear or for Gift Giving

How To Crochet A Sunflower Headband and Ear Warmer : Have Fun Crocheting, Wearing, and Giving the Gift of a Flower of the Sun Whether you plan to crochet this sunflower headband for yourself or for giving as a gift to another, I can guarantee there shall b…

Give Will Sheff and Okkervil River a Listen!

13. Give Will Sheff and Okkervil River a Listen!

Music that got my attention: I was introduced to Will Sheff, leader and founder of the band Okkervil River, on CBS Morning News’ 2nd Cup Cafe . Mr. Sheff, alone, with only a guitar, sang two songs from the band’s Sept. 2013 released album, The Si…

Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies

14. Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies

Making shortbread cookies every Christmas has always been a family tradition. This year I decided to tweak my grandmothers traditional Scottish recipe and make a gluten free, low carb shortbread cookie. The texture of the cookie is slightly different than…

Mens Sobriety Ring

15. Mens Sobriety Ring

If you’ve ever journeyed through the pit of addiction with a loved one, you know how profound, and deeply consuming it is. There isn’t very much in this life that compares to this kind of hurt. The pain of this plight, this horrible plight, can o…

How To Clean Copper

16. How To Clean Copper

I really made a big mistake when I decided to store my copper urns in the shed. I used to have them in our foyer filled with dried grasses and cattails. Little did I know that the weather would make them tarnish like it did. We also had a flood that filled…

Nite Ize LED Dog Tag

17. Nite Ize LED Dog Tag

Since I have two energetic border collies who need plenty of exercise every day, in the winter months we usually have some off leash time outside when it is dark. Although they are far from any roads, my dogs have occasionally chased after a rabbit or a de…

Endive Made Easy

18. Endive Made Easy

Some things are so simple and so versatile. Take endive, for example. It is delicious raw as in a salad, and delicious as cooked greens. Cooked Endive is easy to do, fast to make, and great to serve good hot or cold. The recipe for cooked endive presented…

No comments:

Post a Comment