Saturday, November 16, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Quest of the Day: 50 Dr. Who Gifts For The 50th Anniversary of Dr. Who

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 06:22 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-16 at 9.21.24 AMIn honor of the 50th Anniversary of Dr. Who we’ve compiled a list of 50 Dr. Who gifts that many of you Dr. Who fans probably already own.

Lens of the Day: Soul Surfer would make a great family gift and here is why

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 06:07 AM PST

New Lenses for the Week of November 11

Posted: 15 Nov 2013 01:04 PM PST

MagneTrainer-ER Mini Exercise Bike Arm and Leg Exerciser

1. MagneTrainer-ER Mini Exercise Bike Arm and Leg Exerciser

I little while ago I hurt my knee and as a result I haven’t been able to do much in the way of exercise. But since I wanted to stay in shape and not have to put a lot of weight on my knee I knew there must be something that I could do in the way of ex…

Pocket Projector for iPhone 4 and 4S Devices

2. Pocket Projector for iPhone 4 and 4S Devices

It is the age old questions: what do you get someone who has everything especially when it comes to technology? With my brother’s birthday just around the corner, I had found myself at a loss as to what to get him this year. Since he has all sorts of…

Fix a Healthy Christmas Breakfast with Barley Porridge

3. Fix a Healthy Christmas Breakfast with Barley Porridge

Hot breakfast cereal has been a family Christmas tradition since I was a child. My mother would always make Riisipuuro or a hot rice porridge. It is one that I’ve carried over to my own children, but I wanted a healthier option that didn’t use wh…

Delight A Senior Citizen Loved One With An Old Fashioned Tea Party

4. Delight A Senior Citizen Loved One With An Old Fashioned Tea Party

In days of yore, friends and family gathering over a tea party was the perfect social setting to catch up on a Sunday afternoon after church. When my Mom lived with me, I used to surprise her with a real tea party for just Mom and me. We spent some real qu…

Buena Vista Social Club Carnegie Hall: Review

5. Buena Vista Social Club Carnegie Hall: Review

A musical Cuban celebration of life The original Buena Vista Social Club recording was, and remains, a huge success. We listen to it often – or watch the DVD. We both fell in love with it many years ago. Now a new concert recording When these musicians per…

How To Boil Water
6. How To Boil WaterYou might think this is such a basic thing. How difficult can it be to boil water after all. Just pour it into a pot or a kettle and add heat. Right? Well, no actually. Depending upon what purpose you have in mind for that water, you may want to boil it di…

How to Make Any Stock for Cooking
7. How to Make Any Stock for CookingWander through any grocery store and you wil find row upon row of processed food items to make our lives easier. Most of these food items are laden with sodium, artifical flavourings, and other nasties that discerning home cooks really don’t want to b…
Old Fashioned Taffy Pull

8. Old Fashioned Taffy Pull

When I was growing up one of the fun holiday projects was a good old fashioned taffy pull. My sister and I and sometimes some of our friends would spend hours making, pulling and wrapping our taffy for the holidays. I continued this tradition when my daugh…

Gourmet Homemade Twix Bars With Bourbon

9. Gourmet Homemade Twix Bars With Bourbon

My homemade twix bars are the single most requested holiday cookie recipe that I make. Every Christmas my mom hints around and asks if I plan to make these scrumptious bar cookies. Imagine flaky, buttery shortbread covered in a layer of caramel infused wit…

Sugar Free Fudge

10. Sugar Free Fudge

Let’s talk about candy. Candy is an often forbidden, frequently taboo, sweet treat. Those of us who are dieting, watching our weight, are diabetic, or various other reasons tend to not allow ourselves to indulge in the sweetness. We force ourselves to…

Apple Cranberry Bourbon Crisp

11. Apple Cranberry Bourbon Crisp

This recipe for Apple Cranberry Bourbon Crisp has been a long time in the making, about 40 years. As a teenager I took an interest in cooking. My Mom always put food on the table but only out of necessity. I guess I wanted something more, something that to…

Make Soft Mints and Candy Canes With Cream Cheese

12. Make Soft Mints and Candy Canes With Cream Cheese

Soft mints and Candy Canes The kids love to come over and bake with us and at Christmas time we always make cookies and candy together. We have a special recipe we use and it only take 3 ingredients. It is sweet, creamy, and minty and by the time we finish…

Maple Fudge, Vegan!

13. Maple Fudge, Vegan!

My friend Anji sent me this recipe for Chocolate Fudge a few years ago, but I made a bit of a change to make it more Canadian. You can add chocolate chips instead to keep it as she has it, or use the vegan butterscotch chips and maple syrup for a Canadian…

Mike's Gluten-Free Crepes

14. Mike’s Gluten-Free Crepes

My husband saved my Sunday mornings. When I went to a gluten- free diet, I thought, no more pancakes with the family. It’ll be them with the fluffy pancakes and golden maple syrup and me with a bowl of oatmeal (actually I like oatmeal). What he did wa…

Valley of the Dolls: Classic trash novel

15. Valley of the Dolls: Classic trash novel

A pop culture classic by Jacqueline Susann I was a teenager when I first read this book. It was a sensation at the time and my dad had bought it to see what all the fuss was about. I used to sneakily read his books and this was no exception. I was captivat…

Vegetarian Tofu Loaf

16. Vegetarian Tofu Loaf

A Tasty Japanese- Inspired Dish for Thanksgiving I’ve always been a fan of the traditional Thanksgiving dinner and although I no longer live in America, I still like to make myself something that resembles a Thanksgiving feast. I don’t make turke…

Pumpkin Bread with Maple Cream Cheese Glaze

17. Pumpkin Bread with Maple Cream Cheese Glaze

When the leaves start falling and the weather turns chilly, I start craving pumpkin bread. Thanksgiving Day is always filled with feverish cooking at my house. It seems like there is never time to sit down and have a relaxing breakfast, so I have started a…

No comments:

Post a Comment