Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Congratulations to the 2 Big Winners of our Thanksgiving Monster Quest!

Posted: 20 Nov 2013 07:13 AM PST

kitchenaidmixerOur Thanksgiving Monster Quest ended last night and we’re excited to announce that we have our winners.

It was a hard decision for the team to make because we received a ton of super delicious lenses and we really loved so many of them but decide we must.

Drum roll please….

 

 

pommesCongratulations to lensmaster Graceonline who will be preparing her 2013 Thanksgiving meal with the help of a brand new KitchenAid Stand Mixer!

Stop by Pommes de terre with kale and yams to congratulate her and to see her tasty (and well-crafted) lens.

This lens will also have the honor of appearing as Lens of the Day tomorrow.

 

 

huckleberryOur second prize winner is lensmaster CorrinnaJohnson for her gorgeous No-Bake Huckleberry Cheesecake Pie recipe lens which will be featured as Lens of the Day on Saturday November 23rd.

For her hard work and effort, she will receive a brand new Ninja Professional Blender.

 

 

 

We’d like to thank everyone for their participation and remind you to check your quest tabs for other fun quests.

If you love finding new recipes, be sure to stop by our new Facebook page, What’s Cooking at Squidoo, where we’ve been posting many of the entries from this quest and other terrific recipe lenses that are being created everyday.

Image Source

Quest of the Day: 150 Favorite Comedy Movies Throughout The Years

Posted: 20 Nov 2013 05:29 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-20 at 8.28.29 AMThere’s a lot of LOL moments on this list. Putting together a list of the funniest movies you’ve ever seen is almost as fun as watching them. I had a great walk down memory lane and realized that Steve Martin, Drew Barrymore and Chevy Chase showed up a lot on my list. I also threw in some fantastic obscure movies like The Gods Must Be Crazy and Best In Show.

The Thanksgiving Countdown Begins With Appetizer Lenses

Posted: 20 Nov 2013 05:15 AM PST

Starting today, and all the way through the Thanksgiving holiday, we’ll be sharing scrumptious lenses that we received for the Thanksgiving Monster Quest.

I don’t know about you but I can make a meal out of appetizers alone— especially when they’re homemade and this good.

Here’s 8 awesome appetizer recipes that were submitted.  Enjoy!

PS… Stay tuned to SquidooHQ where we’ll be announcing the big winners from this yummy challenge.

Cheesy Crab and Artichoke Dip

1. Cheesy Crab and Artichoke Dip

My Best Holiday Appetizer My favorite appetizer to serve for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners has to be Cheesy Crab and Artichoke Dip. This appetizer can be elegant or casual, as it fits into your menu and gathering. Wonderful for any occasion, easy to m…

Hot Chicks In A Blanket (Kid-Friendly!)

2. Hot Chicks In A Blanket (Kid-Friendly!)

I only learned to make this finger food in June when a friend asked if I could help to prepare a little something for a baby shower within a limited budget. I scoured the recipe sites for some inspiration and found one that I could do for a large crowd wit…

Cheese Balls

3. Cheese Balls

Cheese Balls have always been the most cooked snack at my place. It has been my daughter’s favourite snack ever since she was a little girl. I think this is one snack, I cook almost daily. In order to save time, I cook enough for a few days and freeze…

Zucchini and Cheese appetizers

4. Zucchini and Cheese appetizers

These lovely vegetarian appetizers are a hit on every dinner party and are very easy to make!

Sweet and Sour Meatballs Make the Perfect Appetizer

5. Sweet and Sour Meatballs Make the Perfect Appetizer

I have a passion for anything that’s sweet and sour so when I’m in the mood for Chinese, I can’t resist ordering at least one dish that’s sweet and sour. One of my favorite dishes is a Japanese version of a sweet and sour dish that…

Italian Stuffed Mushrooms - Save 'Shroom for this Appetizer

6. Italian Stuffed Mushrooms – Save ‘Shroom for this Appetizer

Even though we do not typically serve appetizers before our holiday meals as we are too busy cooking, I think they are a great thing. I’m sure the non- cooks might appreciate them. Stuffed mushrooms are one of my favorite appetizers. Mushrooms are act…

Thanksgiving Appetizers you must try on your family!

7. Thanksgiving Appetizers you must try on your family!

Thanksgiving is a very special time of year, everyone takes extra time in the kitchen to prepare the perfect food for their loved ones, friends, and others who show up. Why not go an extra step and decorate your food up even that much more. I am going to g…

A Simple Ginger Carrot Soup for Thanksgiving

8. A Simple Ginger Carrot Soup for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is around the corner! Every year I get together with my sons and their wives to discuss the Thanksgiving menu. With a full- time job and many mouths to feed, I decided a long time ago that I was not going to do all the cooking by myself during…

Lens of the Day: My Daughter Has Fibrous Dysplasia

Posted: 20 Nov 2013 04:49 AM PST

No comments:

Post a Comment