Friday, November 22, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Gone Too Soon: Lenses From Our Storytellers Group

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 09:16 AM PST

Yesterday we asked the members of our Storytellers group on Facebook to create a new lens about a superstar that was gone too soon.

Here’s a few of the lenses we received.

JFK Assassination Day at U of N Reno

1. JFK Assassination Day at U of N Reno

The President’s been shot and killed, shrieked the voice from the loudspeakers ranged around the patio outside the University of Nevada, Reno, where I was a student on November 22, 1963. I had just finished lunch that Friday and headed across the Stud…

Would You Prevent The Kennedy Assassination?

2. Would You Prevent The Kennedy Assassination?

The killing of President Kennedy remains a terrible moment in American and world history. It still resonates now, fifty years later. I’ve read plenty on the subject and much that is published as fact is pure fiction. Stephen King takes a bold approach…

Concert for George: Celebrating George Harrison

3. Concert for George: Celebrating George Harrison

A celebration of his life and music I was born just a little too late to experience the manic days of Beatlemania but I still remember them well. It’s sad for so many of us that of the four Beatles, two are no longer with us and left before their time…

James Dean -The Complete Film Collection- Imagine What He Could Have Become

4. James Dean -The Complete Film Collection- Imagine What He Could Have Become

Just the other night my friend and I stumbled across the movie Rebel Without a Cause starring James Dean. We had both seen it many times, but we stopped flipping channels and watched, entranced. And the one thing we both agreed on, what an amazing actor Ja…

7 Super Stuffing Recipe Lenses

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 05:54 AM PST

I don’t know about you but for me, the stuffing is the very best part of the Thanksgiving meal.  Well, that mixed with the turkey gravy.  You can’t very well have one without the other now can you?

Here’s 7 super recipe lenses that each feature a different type of stuffing.

Have a look! Then, come back and tell us what’s in your favorite stuffing?

Farm Style Turkey Stuffing

1. Farm Style Turkey Stuffing

This farm style stuffing is my favorite part of Thanksgiving, bar none. If you have visited my other recipe lens, you know that I grew up eating food made by my grandmother who lived on a farm. I try to carry on the tradition of making everything from scra…

Sausage & Sage Dressing

2. Sausage & Sage Dressing

Sausage & Sage Dressing A variation of a tried and true family recipe used every Thanksgiving and Christmas while growing up. I think with this, cooking the sausage in the butter first and then adding in the onions makes the difference. It’s a…

Broccoli-Cheddar Cornbread Dressing

3. Broccoli-Cheddar Cornbread Dressing

Dressing is probably my favorite savory food at Thanksgiving dinner. However, as our favorite holiday recipe is a bit heavy and expensive for everyday meals, we rarely get to enjoy it. So sad! In preparation for the upcoming holiday, my mind once again tur…

Rye Bread Stuffing with Sausage and Apples

4. Rye Bread Stuffing with Sausage and Apples

A Special Stuffing My favorite Thanksgiving dish has to be stuffing. It’s one of those dishes that I don’t have too often, just around the holidays, so when the time comes, stuffing becomes my special dish. I usually don’t stray too far from…

Thanksgiving Rice Stuffing

5. Thanksgiving Rice Stuffing

I’ve modified this recipe and call my version ‘Mom’s Recipe for Rice Turkey Stuffing’. Every year I have to come up with something to take to a friend’s for Thanksgiving dinner. I am single so NEVER cook for a crowd and never have….

There is nothing better than Homemade Stuffing

6. There is nothing better than Homemade Stuffing

Stuffing or Dressing which ever your family calls it is one of the most important side of thanksgiving. In my opinion I like is kind of mushy but not soggy and definitely not hard as a rock. I use to just buy the packages and make my own following the dire…

Cinnamon Bun Stuffing with Brandied Figs

7. Cinnamon Bun Stuffing with Brandied Figs

Full disclosure. This started out to be a different recipe. Originally, I was going to make Lemon Poppyseed Muffin Stuffing with Brandied Figs. Well, actually, I did make it. And the sauce looked and smelled so great even my daughter (not a fan of stuffing…

Quest of the Day: 100 Baby Shower Gift Ideas

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 05:07 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-22 at 8.06.40 AMWe’re looking for people to review these popular baby registry products. Are you a fan of the Diaper Genie? Was the Boppy your best friend? What have you recently bought for an expecting friend?

Lens of the Day: November 22, 1963: The Kennedy Assassination

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 04:47 AM PST

1c4aeecde9c5c426acaa6efab84b70a21The most momentous event of the twentieth century – given the Stephen King treatment

No comments:

Post a Comment