Saturday, November 23, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


7 Baby Shower Gifts They’ll Love

Posted: 23 Nov 2013 07:05 AM PST

Here’s 7 lenses that were created for yesterday’s Quest of the Day, 100 Baby Shower gift Ideas.  Enjoy!

Bumbo Floor Seat and Play Tray Set

1. Bumbo Floor Seat and Play Tray Set

Bumbo Floor Seat . the extra hands moms need! When my niece had her second child, she also had a very healthy, active two year old boy that needed her attention. Having a Bumbo chair/seat was like having an extra person around to help her, because this pro…

The Best Musical Mobile

2. The Best Musical Mobile

I’m pretty sure this baby mobile does everything except change and feed the baby! I received the Fisher Price Precious Planet Musical Mobile as a shower gift when I was pregnant with my daughter back in 2009. She used it until we moved her out of her…

Fun, Educational Gift For Babies

3. Fun, Educational Gift For Babies

I’ve been through a lot of babies, as an awesome aunt and as a giddy Godmother. Some time soon I’ll no doubt be an evil step grandmother mwwaa haaa haaa. I’ve given all of those babies Freddie the firefly or one of his friends, but most have…

Your little one is going to love watching the world from the My Little Snugabunny

4. Your little one is going to love watching the world from the My Little Snugabunny

I recently purchased the My Little Snugabunny by Fisher- Price for an expecting friend. I purchased this product in person from a local store. The first thing that caught my attention as I approached the Snugabunny were the adorable bunny ears that are att…

Best Wooden Rattle for 2014

5. Best Wooden Rattle for 2014

Rattles have been around for centuries, because they are the ultimate toy for very young babies. They have gone through a lot of changes and developments during that time, just as our society has. Let’s see more about these rattles for 2014 and beyond…

Boppy Pillow Makes Babies More Comfy

6. Boppy Pillow Makes Babies More Comfy

As a new mother you’re going to be spending a lot oftime feeding and bonding with your newborn. Every two hours at first, in fact. And like every mother, you’re going to want to make the best of this experience and time with your baby. There are…

Boon Animal Bag Stuffed Animal Storage

7. Boon Animal Bag Stuffed Animal Storage

Do your kids have an entire plushy sub- culture living in your house? Do you lose your child in their own bed because of this cute plush invasion? Yeah, we totally feel your pain. Herds of free roaming plush toys are the agony of every parent! You have a c…

Quest of the Day: Best Of The BBC

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 09:39 PM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-23 at 12.38.36 AMWe’re giving a huge shout out to our friends across the pond and the marvelous TV & Movies that the BCC has brought to the world. Shows like Dr. Who, Top Gear and Planet Earth.

Lens of the Day: Doctor Who Who-ology

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 09:37 PM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-23 at 12.36.56 AMIf I hadn’t already bought Doctor Who Who-ology then the book would definitely be number one on my Christmas Book Wish List!

Celebrate November 23rd: The Day Of The Doctor

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 09:36 PM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-22 at 3.34.52 PM

Today’s the day millions of Dr. Who fans across the world have been waiting for.

November 23rd is The Day of the Doctor which is the 50th Anniversary of the wildly popular BBC television show Dr. Who.

So in honor of this day we picked a bunch of Dr. Who inspired lenses for you to enjoy and we welcome you to create your own review from our handpicked list of  50 Dr. Who Gifts For The 50th Anniversary of Dr. Who and the Best of the BBC.

Have fun and enjoy the show!

Doctor Who: The first fifty years

1. Doctor Who: The first fifty years

The Doctor Who ‘encyclopedia’ There can’t be many people who watched that first episode of Doctor Who and still watches it today. I know of only one – me. Saturday November 23rd 1963 It was teatime. My dad had heard about this new television…

Desktop Patrol Dalek

2. Desktop Patrol Dalek

Get the latest in miniature protection with the Desktop Patrol Dalek. This red Dalek figure stands 4 inches tall and the only thing he wants is to exterminate anyone who tries to steal your paperclips! You’ll love watching this little Dalek roam aroun…

The Best Sonic Screwdriver Flashlight3. The Best Sonic Screwdriver Flashlight I bought this Sonic Screwdriver Flashlight and Pen as a fun gift for my Dad. He’s been a Doctor Who fan for the full 50 years, and as a kid he’d watch the show with me. He still does when we get the chance. Back in the Tom Baker days he happily w…

Dr Who Yahtzee - Great Doctor Who Gift Idea

4. Dr Who Yahtzee – Great Doctor Who Gift Idea

Yahtzee! How the memories come flooding back when I hear the name of one of my favorite games from my youth. We had hours of fun playing the game as a family and in recent years my partner and I have both enjoyed revisiting our youth to play it again. Now,…

What Does Doctor Who Eat?

5. What Does Doctor Who Eat?

I know about custard and fish fingers but what else does the Doctor eat? In between all that running he must need something to refuel. But, we seldom see him eat anything. I was curious about a Doctor Who cookbook when I found this one. What does he like t…

The Matt Smith Doctor Who Rollercoaster Ride

6. The Matt Smith Doctor Who Rollercoaster Ride

Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor is a living, breathing emotional roller- coaster, complete with seemingly rubber limbs, verbal gymnastics and emotional chaos. We find him in his darkest days, as well his heights of joy. Here we have him and his lovely compan…

Doctor Who Bedroom Theme and Bedding

7. Doctor Who Bedroom Theme and Bedding

Create an out of this world Doctor Who bedroom! Find everything from Doctor Who bedding and bedroom accessories, to wallpaper, posters, clocks, wall decor and even custom furniture ideas! There are also tons of practical ideas for creating a Whovian’s…

Patrick Troughton Doctor Who Episodes Discovered

8. Patrick Troughton Doctor Who Episodes Discovered

If you’re reading this article in the year 2025, or even 2015, the discovery of 9 Doctor Who episodes is probably not as big a news item as it is here in October 2013. But yes, the fan world of Dr. Who is celebrating the revelation that installments f…

Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver Toothbrush

9. Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver Toothbrush

I have always wanted a working Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver and now I have found it! This is one Dr Who Gift that I will definitely be adding to my Gift list! I spotted it earlier today and the moment I saw it my response was. YES! That’s because I ha…

The Doctor Who Comeback with Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper

10. The Doctor Who Comeback with Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper

Doctor Who had been on hiatus for about 15 years, and made a comeback in 2005, in the form of Christopher Eccleston as the 9th Doctor. He was rough around the edges, the guy next door, the guy down at the pub, a total departure from every other Doctor who…

"Blink!" Best Dr. Who Episode Ever?

11. “Blink!” Best Dr. Who Episode Ever?

This evening I bond with my tweener son by watching my first ‘Dr. Who’ episode. together. Before we start watching, he explains that a guy named ‘The Doc’ is a ‘Time Lord’ (not human) whose species got killed in a massive war….

Doctor Who Inspired Party Recipes

12. Doctor Who Inspired Party Recipes

Doctor Who theme parties are great any time of year, but the best month to celebrate the half- alien time traveler is December. For the Doctor Who fan, nothing says Christmas like an invasion by robot Santas, cold- hearted industrialists or giant spiders….

Dalek Potato Head

13. Dalek Potato Head

As anyone who is even an occasional fan of the long running TV Program Doctor Who will be aware the Daleks are the number one enemy! Or there again . maybe not! Here’s a chance to laugh in the face of danger and extermination as you encounter. the Dal…

Doctor Who Who-ology

14. Doctor Who Who-ology

If I hadn’t already bought Doctor Who Who- ology then the book would definitely be number one on my Christmas Book Wish List! Having read the book from cover to cover I can definitely recommend it as a Christmas Gift for the Doctor Who Fan on your Chr…

An Assortment of Spectacular New Lenses for the Week of November 18

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 01:18 PM PST

How to Have the Perfect Slumber Party

1. How to Have the Perfect Slumber Party

Slumber parties have been around forever. I can clearly remember the first one I was invited to in the sixth grade. I slept very little and immediately went home and crashed into my bed! My older daughter wanted a slumber party for her ninth birthday, and…

Kielbasa Potato Soup

2. Kielbasa Potato Soup

When it cools off and the weather starts to get a bit miserable one of my favorite comfort foods is home- made soup. This is not just any soup, though. It is a combination that usually changes every time I make it. It depends on the contents of the refrige…

Cards Against Humanity - Laugh Until You Hurt

3. Cards Against Humanity – Laugh Until You Hurt

Every now and then along comes a great game and Cards Against Humanity is one of those. I remember very well buying Trivial Pursuits, a game that caught the Nation’s attention. Well I would put this game right up there along side that one. The game ap…

Skipping Christmas

4. Skipping Christmas

A Novel by John Grisham Skipping Christmas is quite a departure from John Grisham’s niche of the legal and judicial system. For some reason, I thought it was going to be a dark comedy. It isn’t dark, it’s just plain crazy. Mr. Grisham has ta…

Traveling around Europe with Trans Europa - a Fun Family & Friends Board Game

5. Traveling around Europe with Trans Europa – a Fun Family & Friends Board Game

This fun family and friends game consist of a quality carton board, colorful wooden locomotives and lots of little rails. There are also assignment cards with different drawn cities monuments and all of that came in a nicely painted blue box. I got it from…

New York City-Food Capital of America

6. New York City-Food Capital of America

New York City has always fascinated me. As a small kid living on a small island in the middle of the Pacific, New York city seemed bigger than life and I dreamt of the day I would visit the iconic city. My dream finally came true when I was 21 years old. I…

Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash

7. Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash

At the wildlife sanctuary where I work and volunteer, we used to do potluck dinners, which was a great chance for folks to share their favorites and show off their cooking skills. The director, Christine Turnbull, would bring this spicy squash dish that wo…

Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Ultra

8. Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Ultra

I have never been one that is known for a green thumb and in fact I have very few plants in my home. So when I decided that I wanted to grow a few herbs indoors I needed to find something that would make it simple and that the plants would have a chance to…

Sumptuous Sherry trifle

9. Sumptuous Sherry trifle

Every Christmas, without fail, I love to make my own version of English Sherry Trifle, which to me is the main sweet treat of my festive season celebrations. I always make a trifle big enough to serve six, so it lasts the two of us two days at least, and w…

Corporate life... and how it shouldn't be

10. Corporate life… and how it shouldn’t be

What a huge surprise! I saw this movie in the dollar theater after it came out. You can tell when a movie is truly successful when most people you know can quote a bunch of things from it. Well written and well played, this movie makes fun of the ‘cub…

Dreaming of Sugar Plums ... or Comfits

11. Dreaming of Sugar Plums … or Comfits

Most of us associate sugar plums with Christmas, either with ‘The Night Before Christmas,’ or with the ‘Nutcracker Ballet. ‘ But what is a sugarplum? This picture is of modern sugarplum candy, but originally, the word ‘sugarplum…

The Autumn Colors of Okuni Shrine

12. The Autumn Colors of Okuni Shrine

Every year I look forward to seeing the colors of the trees change as fall creeps up on us. Trees and bushes that were previously green transform into hues of red, yellow and orange. And if you wait too long, you’ll miss all the beauty and splendor of…

9 Lensmaster Approved Gifts for a Coffee Lover: Take a Look!

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 12:05 PM PST

Yesterday’s community Quest of the Day, Gifts for a Coffee Lover, produced some awesome lenses.  You’ll find them listed below.

Do you have a coffee related product lens to add to this collection?  Share the link in the comments section.

Are you a coffee lover without a coffee lens? It’s never too late to create a great  lens.  Stop by Gifts for a Coffee Lover to get your review started. 

Then, come back here and share the link.

 

Organo Gold Gourmet Cafe Latte-Deliciously Healthy Coffee

1. Organo Gold Gourmet Cafe Latte-Deliciously Healthy Coffee

Most people think that you can’t say ‘delicious’, ‘healthy’, AND ‘coffee’ all in the same sentence. Well, Organo Gold has forever dispensed with that myth by introducing a ‘lip- smacking’ delicious line of coffe…

Lazy Man's Guide to Making Coffee

2. Lazy Man’s Guide to Making Coffee

I have a secret. Don’t tell anyone else, but I have a problem. I am a coffee snob, but I am also exceedingly lazy. Not a good mix when the really good coffee takes some effort and work to create. My all time favorite coffee concoction is the icy goodn…

Hamilton Beach Coffee Pot Friend

3. Hamilton Beach Coffee Pot Friend

My trusty and reliable coffee friend Red sits on my counter. He’s from Hamilton Beach. He waits patiently for me each morning to pour in the water, fill the coffee grounds and press start so he can make a pot of coffee. Sometimes I only want a half of…

Saving Space In The Kitchen With A Two Way FlexBrew Coffee Maker

4. Saving Space In The Kitchen With A Two Way FlexBrew Coffee Maker

Hamilton Beach is making it easy to free up some space on the kitchen counter. If your anything like me you now have not one but two coffee makers sitting on your kitchen counter. I for one have my regular brewing station as well as my Tassimo, we are huge…

Give The Travel Mug That Stays Hot And Won't Leak!

5. Give The Travel Mug That Stays Hot And Won’t Leak!

Way up on the top shelf of a cabinet in my kitchen is my lifetime collection of coffee ‘to- go’ mugs. Most of them have one fault or another – either they don’t keep the coffee hot, or worst of all they LEAK! There is nothing worse than spil…

A Special Cup of Brew, Just For You!

6. A Special Cup of Brew, Just For You!

If you are a coffee or tea lover, then might I suggest that you try these lovely China Coffee/Tea Mugs then next time you pour yourself a cup? Even better if you have at least two, so that when a friend drops in to share some time with you, the two of you…

Pumpkin Pie Creamer: The Perfect Coffee Gift

7. Pumpkin Pie Creamer: The Perfect Coffee Gift

I love flavored creamers and seasonal ones are even better. Who doesn’t love a special flavor from time to time? This pumpkin pie creamer is the perfect thing to give a coffee lover (provided they aren’t purists who would never defile their coffe…

The Bodum French Press Coffee Maker: Perfect for us

8. The Bodum French Press Coffee Maker: Perfect for us

Why we love the Bodum Chambord coffee press I was going to say ‘it’s just our cup of tea’, decided not to but then changed my mind because this gorgeously- styled piece makes tea in addition to coffee. My love affair with cafetieres I first…

No More Wasted or Cold Coffee with a Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer

9. No More Wasted or Cold Coffee with a Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer

When Keurig coffee brewers first hit the market, I instantly knew I wanted one. Being the only person in my family who drinks coffee, I constantly had to throw coffee out or rewarm my coffee in the microwave. With a Keurig home brewer, I never have to worr…

Squidoo Magazines are getting decked out for the holidays!

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 11:45 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-22 at 2.35.23 PMAh, the holidays! It’s the time of year when we’re all looking for something special — that perfect gift, that decor that truly sparkles and makes your home feel warm and festive, craft projects that get everyone into the spirit (or can be given as gifts) and delicious, creative, filling food.

And we have magazines within Squidoo designed to focus on all of those things!

We’re looking for holiday-spirited lenses to feature in each of our four magazines magazine throughout the festive season. If you don’t already know, Celebrate is our year-round gift guide. Cozy is all about the things that make your house a home. So Crafty is devoted to just about anything you can make with your hands and imagination. GoodVeg is a food mag with a twist — it’s for vegetarians, vegans, or anyone who just adores a good meatless dish.

Here’s what you can do to be part of a magazine and, therefore, eligible for some extra promotion through our magazine Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages.

  • If you make a fabulous recipe lens and you realize the dish doesn’t contain any meat or meat products (think cookies, baked goods, desserts, side dishes, etc.,) consider saving it in a GoodVeg topic like this one. It’s so very easy to make a recipe lens now, with our latest lens format. Create your recipe lens at http://www.squidoo.com/new/recipeformat. It’ll be ready to go in a flash!
  • If you have some fabulous ideas on how to perfectly decorate your home for the holidays, when you save the lens in a topic like Home Decor, why not give Cozy a try? Share fabulous products that you know make or break a look, or help one live more easily and cozily, with our lens format at http://www.squidoo.com/new/productformat. To offer step-by-step ideas for creating DIY decor, use our How-To lens format at http://www.squidoo.com/new/howtoformat.
  • So Crafty is the place for homemade ornaments, kids’ projects, wreaths, crochet or knit gifts or anything else crafty for the holidays.  The How-To format works beautifully for So Crafty, as well. You might also want to talk about some of your favorite crafting materials, books or products, and the product review format is great for all those, too.
  • And of course, if you know of a product that you just KNOW is an amazing gift, because you’ve given, received, or used it, please create a Gift Guide lens about it for Celebrate. Of course, our product review format is perfect for this purpose.

 

When we select lenses to showcase on magazine home pages, they get all that extra promotion and become easily navigable through each magazine site. To learn more about Squidoo Magazines, check out our lens about them, right here. We can’t wait to see and showcase your work!

No comments:

Post a Comment