Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Anything But Turkey Recipes: 11 Recipes You’ll Love

Posted: 27 Nov 2013 08:58 AM PST

With the big turkey day tomorrow, we thought you might appreciate a few recipes that you can make today that contain anything but turkey. Enjoy!

Broiled Cajun Walleye

1. Broiled Cajun Walleye

Here is a recipe a little on the lighter side, broiled Cajun walleye fillets. This is a very simple recipe given to me by George, a good friend of mine at work. George and his son are avid fisherman; all season long they fish the Alleghany River in Western…

Old Fashioned Southern Buttermilk Biscuits Done Seattle Style

2. Old Fashioned Southern Buttermilk Biscuits Done Seattle Style

There’s a serious culture clash going on in our home. I grew up on the laid- back West Coast, enjoying those damn fine tofu pies and sipping mocha lattés all day long. My partner is the perfect Southern Gentleman, a New Year just doesn’t…

2-In-1 Slow Cooker Recipe: Roast Beef Dip With Au Jus And Beef Barley Soup

3. 2-In-1 Slow Cooker Recipe: Roast Beef Dip With Au Jus And Beef Barley Soup

Cook once and eat twice by making two different meals at the same time with this hands- free and scrumptious 2- In- 1 Slow Cooker Recipe. Make a delicious Beef Dip With Au Jus for dinner and a Beef Barley Soup for lunch the next day. As a busy, single mom…

Ten minute 'takeout' thick crust pizza

4. Ten minute ‘takeout’ thick crust pizza

A tastier ‘takeout’ pizza in ten minutes ‘Oh, I don’t have time to cook tonight and there’s nothing in the fridge. Let’s call for a pizza’. How many times have I said this? Too many, that’s for sure, until I realized…

Enchiladas, easiest ever to make

5. Enchiladas, easiest ever to make

These are so yummy and easy, my family really likes them and they go far. I made them for my boyfriend and he loved them so much he wanted the recipe so he could make them for his family, and he did he made them one night and had his brother and his wife o…

Mini Wraps Make Great Appetizers and Fun Meals for Kids!

6. Mini Wraps Make Great Appetizers and Fun Meals for Kids!

Wraps are an easy option for fairly quick meals. Here’s a simple idea to make wraps even more fun and entertaining: Cut them into bite- size pieces and hold them together with fancy toothpicks! When served this way, as ‘mini wraps,’ they bec…

Vegemite, Mayo and Cheese Fried Corn Tortillas

7. Vegemite, Mayo and Cheese Fried Corn Tortillas

Vegemite is awesome, right? And fried corn tortillas are really awesome, right? So why not add some mayo for an experience so good that your eyes roll back in your head and you forget to share? Just kidding, these tortillas are super fast and simple and yo…

Chocolate Walnut Spread

8. Chocolate Walnut Spread

I do have a thing for sweet things and one thing I can’t live without is Nutella. If it weren’t for all the heartburn I could probably live by it. I woke up this morning with a craving for something sweet, something nutty, something Nutella and t…

Sousababy's Fast & Easy Veggie Chili

9. Sousababy’s Fast & Easy Veggie Chili

The Squidoo Storytellers Facebook club reminded me that November is World Vegan Month. Don’t know about you, but I find the lead up to Christmas is filled with all kinds of fattening treats (and plenty of meat dishes around American Thanksgiving). So,…

Baked Penne - empty-the-fridge casserole

10. Baked Penne – empty-the-fridge casserole

I’m an excellent baker. If I didn’t love having a pet shop and bringing my dogs to work every day, I’d seriously consider baking as a full- time career. But I’m not that great a cook. I don’t quite know why, but I can’t judge…

Versatile Low-Carb Muffins

11. Versatile Low-Carb Muffins

Once upon a time, I celebrated Thanksgiving like everyone else. Back when I lived in Hawaii, I usually prepared the meal myself and although it would take me two days to prepare and make everything, I enjoyed every minute of the process. Of course we would…

Quest of the Day: What’s Cooking For Thanksgiving?

Posted: 27 Nov 2013 05:28 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-26 at 2.29.29 PMThanksgiving is tomorrow so we’re putting up our Thanksgiving recipe Quest a day early. What are you cooking? We can’t wait to see your recipes.

The daily quest for today is to share a meal that you’re cooking for Thanksgiving. Main dishes, sides, dessert? and don’t forget the cranberries.

Start your recipe lens right here: http://www.squidoo.com/new/recipeformat on out brand new recipe lens format. Here’s some tips on creating an awesome recipe lens: 4 Tips For Making A Fabulous Recipe Lens.

We’ll be posting a bunch of the lenses that come into on our What’s Cooking on Squidoo Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cookingatsquidoo.

Gobble Gobble!

Image Credit

Quest of the Day: Ron Howard, Renaissance Man!

Posted: 27 Nov 2013 05:23 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-26 at 8.05.14 PMRon Howard is an all around great guy. From his days on the Andy Griffith Show to portraying Richie Cunningham on Happy Days we’ve been enjoying his performances for years.

Lens of the Day: Gerry Anderson’s Thunderbirds: A TV Cult Classic

Posted: 27 Nov 2013 04:44 AM PST

3 Quick Tips For Creating Product Review Magic (with lens examples).

Posted: 26 Nov 2013 12:34 PM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-26 at 3.27.23 PM

1) Be topical- This is one great approach to a product review lens. Pick products that are hot right now. Breaking Bad just released their final season today on DVD so people are searching for Breaking Bad products, it’s hot!. ErinMellor created this awesome lens: The Perfect Los Pollos Hermanos Shirt for Breaking Bad Fans that would make a great gift for the Breaking Bad fans in your life.

2) Go super niche -This is another awesome approach. Pick tightly focused products that have a loyal fan base. JoanneOtt did a fabulous job on a classic film: Double Indemnity: A Classic Film Noir.

3) Get personal – Reviewing the stuff that you own and love shines through. Here’s some examples of personal reviews. World War ZHow the iPad enhances our lives and Frying Pan-West Bend 72213 Skillet.

Here is the link to create your own Product Review lens: http://www.squidoo.com/new/productformat

4 Scrumptious Pie Recipes

Posted: 26 Nov 2013 12:17 PM PST

On Thanksgiving, man can not live on Pumpkin pie alone. When it comes to the holidays, we need a variety of sweetness.

Here’s 4 pie recipes for your viewing and baking pleasure. Enjoy!

Chocolate Walnut Pie

1. Chocolate Walnut Pie

Whenever I am looking for a dessert recipe to impress, Chocolate Walnut Pie is one that comes to mind. It’s a bit different and unique than most of your apple, lemon meringue and pecan varieties. First of all, this IS a decadent pie! You will want to…

Homemade Cream Pies from Scratch

2. Homemade Cream Pies from Scratch

I really hesitated whether or not to give this recipe up because I got it from a friend who worked in a bakery and when she gave me the recipe she told me it was a family secret recipe but I asked her if I could and she told me I could as long as I didn…

Sugarless apple and cinnamon pie

3. Sugarless apple and cinnamon pie

Even pies without sugar can be delicious. This apple pie recipe is a hit at our home. The cinnamon combines perfectly with the apples and makes it sweet enough.

No-Bake Huckleberry Cheesecake Pie

4. No-Bake Huckleberry Cheesecake Pie

In Canada, Thanksgiving always falls on the second Monday in October and this year it happened to be on October 14th, which is my dad’s birthday. His favorite dessert is cheesecake topped with fresh huckleberries. In celebration of his birthday, we ma…

No comments:

Post a Comment