Thursday, November 28, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Save Room For Dessert!

Posted: 28 Nov 2013 07:04 AM PST

Happy Thanksgiving!

While enjoying that HUGE meal, I hope you save some room for a delicious dessert.

Here’s 8 dessert recipes that will satisfy any sweet tooth.

Seven Layer Cookies: A Special Holiday Treat!

1. Seven Layer Cookies: A Special Holiday Treat!

I’ve prepared a lot of recipes lately that I’ve considered my favorite – and I have to say, these 7 Layer Cookies are an absolute contender for my favorite sweet treat. They are what every guilty pleasure should be – rich, decadent. and unbelieva…

Quick, Easy and Delicious Pecan Turtles

2. Quick, Easy and Delicious Pecan Turtles

These are delicious, quick, and easy pecan turtle treats. They are wonderful as dessert bites, wrapped up for teacher and hostess gifts, or just as a special treat for yourself! Even if you aren’t a big fan of nuts, this recipe might win you over. I d…

Celebrate with an Art Cake

3. Celebrate with an Art Cake

The challenge of making something different Last weekend I was faced with the challenge of organizing a birthday party for a very good friend of mine. I’ve known him for about 13 years and we’ve become very close so his birthday had to be very sp…

Fall Harvest Brownies, A Tasty Thanksgiving Treat

4. Fall Harvest Brownies, A Tasty Thanksgiving Treat

Fall Harvest Brownies are a perfect Thanksgiving treat for those who aren’t too fond of pie. I make these each year for my girls, because they are non pie eaters – at least for now. The fall harvest colors in the candies show some Thanksgiving spirit…

Whole wheat fruitcake cookies

5. Whole wheat fruitcake cookies

Cookies and health usually don’t mix. But these delicious whole wheat fruitcake cookies are not that bad for your health ;) Lots of dried fruit, fresh fruit and nuts are mixed into these cookies. I hope you’ll like them!

Diabetic Peanut Butter Cookies

6. Diabetic Peanut Butter Cookies

When you are a newly diagnosed diabetic, it can be pretty overwhelming. You may feel like you have to deprive yourself of everything you love in order to keep your blood sugar under control. Well, I am here to tell you that is NOT true. You can still eat a…

Apple Cranberry Bourbon Crisp

7. Apple Cranberry Bourbon Crisp

This recipe for Apple Cranberry Bourbon Crisp has been a long time in the making, about 40 years. As a teenager I took an interest in cooking. My Mom always put food on the table but only out of necessity. I guess I wanted something more, something that to…

Fun Desserts for Kids on Holidays

8. Fun Desserts for Kids on Holidays

There are so many fun things to do with children and what better time than the Holidays, I’m going to show you some fun things that you can do with food for your Thanksgiving Day. These are mostly for the Kiddo’s because most of the adults always…

Giving Thanks And A $60,000 Donation From The Squidoo Charity Fund

Posted: 28 Nov 2013 05:47 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-11-26 at 2.57.23 PMNovember 28th, 2013 – It’s that time of year again, Thanksgiving. A time to be thankful and generous.

We here at Squidoo are thankful for the passionate, creative, quality work that all of you produce on a daily basis. Our lensmasters are simply the best.

As part of our Thanksgiving Day celebration we’re also making a donation of $20,000 to each of the following charities from the Squidoo Charity Fund:

Acumen Fund - Acumen is a non-profit that raises charitable donations to invest in companies, leaders, and ideas that are changing the way the world tackles poverty.

Room To ReadRoom to Read is an award-winning non-profit organization for improving literacy and gender equality in education in the developing world.

Save The ChildrenSave the Children is the world’s top independent charity for children in need. They save children’s lives and help them reach their full potential.

That’s a total of $60,000 that all of you helped to raise.

Also please do share what you’re thankful for in the comments section of the post today.

Happy Thanksgiving!

-Bonnie Diczhazy
Squidoo Head of Community

Lens of the Day: 100 MORE Things I’m Thankful For

Posted: 28 Nov 2013 04:44 AM PST

Wow Them With A Super Side Dish: Find 15 Ideas Here

Posted: 27 Nov 2013 12:06 PM PST

Fried Eggplants In Spices

1. Fried Eggplants In Spices

Eggplant has been a very common vegetable in my kitchen and I do prepare it in different ways such as curry, fried, pickle, chutney, stir- fry and so on. In fact, I’ve tried making new recipes on my own and I’m going to share one of them here. Th…

Green Beans with Bacon

2. Green Beans with Bacon

My Favorite Thanksgiving Side Dish I’ve been making Green Beans with Bacon for Thanksgiving ever since I can remember or at least as long as I’ve been making Thanksgiving dinner. This is one dish that I would never get away with leaving out of th…

Baked Ginger Lemon Carrots Recipe

3. Baked Ginger Lemon Carrots Recipe

This ginger, lemon, garlic, and honey carrot recipe is perfect as a vegetable side dish for those chilly winter months. It is a spicy vegetable medley that carries a heavy bite of ginger and it is ideal for those who are suffering from a cold or flu. To re…

Slow Cooker Ranch Mushrooms

4. Slow Cooker Ranch Mushrooms

Make a batch of tasty Slow Cooker Ranch Mushrooms to serve as a vegetable side dish for your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. The earthy, seasoned mushrooms taste amazing piled high on roasted turkey and mashed potatoes and then drizzled with the rich, bu…

Mickie_G's "Famous" Green Tomato Casserole Recipe

5. Mickie_G’s “Famous” Green Tomato Casserole Recipe

A Great Side- dish for any occassion! At the end of the summer season, many of you might been blessed with some beautiful, shiny green tomatoes on the vines in your garden. You might also experience the following scenario: a June thunderstorm knocked down…

Spinach Sesame Toss-Goma Ae

6. Spinach Sesame Toss-Goma Ae

When I was a kid, spinach was my worst enemy. I also had a dislike for a lot of other things such as celery, strawberries and orange. On the other hand I had a fondness for things that some consider strange like natto( fermented soybeans ), raw clam sushi…

Easy Tangy Broccoli Salad

7. Easy Tangy Broccoli Salad

Thanksgiving Dinner is one of those holiday meals that is probably much more complicated than it has to be, with that being said, we all love the traditional food that is served, but often we run out of room on the table for everything that we cook. My fam…

Brussels Sprouts with Rosemary and Bacon - A Hearty Recipe for Colder Months

8. Brussels Sprouts with Rosemary and Bacon – A Hearty Recipe for Colder Months

‘Tis Brussels Sprout Stalk Season’ I love Brussels sprouts. Once a year I walk into my local grocery store, and there they are, Brussels sprouts on stalks! They look so cool. Don’t they! This happened to my delight 3 days ago, and last night…

Perfectly Salted Mashed Potatoes

9. Perfectly Salted Mashed Potatoes

What is a holiday meal without mashed potatoes? Not much of a holiday meal in this family! Over the past few years, I’ve learned a trick or two which help me make tastier and healthier mashed potatoes for my family all year long. Now, I’d like to…

My Fresh Tomato Salad Recipe

10. My Fresh Tomato Salad Recipe

Fresh tomatoes are a must in my kitchen and what to say, there are so many dishes in which I do add them such as Vegetable Curry, Rougaille, Chutney and so on. Just for them to be available always, I am, in fact, growing them indoors as I lack space in my…

Paprika Brussels Sprouts with Cauliflower

11. Paprika Brussels Sprouts with Cauliflower

I live in Guatemala where it is not always easy to find the traditional Thanksgiving dinner ingredients, but this year, I found Brussels sprouts! Now, I know, many people have a grudge against these green balls of nutritional goodness, but the truth is, th…

Roasted Autumn Vegetables with Italian Gremolata

12. Roasted Autumn Vegetables with Italian Gremolata

Above photos: The steps in preparing this roasted vegetable dish. All images by the author, sockii. I love making roasted vegetables in the autumn and winter months. It’s a great way to bring out the flavor of these hearty root vegetables and keep the…

Festive Broccoli Casserole

13. Festive Broccoli Casserole

Although our family enjoys this recipe any time of the year, it is especially good to accompany the Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey during the holiday season. It adds a festive, appealing appearance for Christmas in particular. But the addictive flavor is…

Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash

14. Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash

At the wildlife sanctuary where I work and volunteer, we used to do potluck dinners, which was a great chance for folks to share their favorites and show off their cooking skills. The director, Christine Turnbull, would bring this spicy squash dish that wo…

Roasted Fennel and Carrots with Rosemary

15. Roasted Fennel and Carrots with Rosemary

I make a contribution to a food co- op every month and that entitles me to some of the wonderful fruits and vegetables that are grown by farmers and growers in the co- op. At this time, fennel is in abundance! Fennel can be eaten raw or cooked (it tastes l…

No comments:

Post a Comment