Thursday, November 7, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Introducing Merrci

Posted: 07 Nov 2013 05:20 AM PST

Please say hello to Merrci. She’s a writer from Oregon who’s been busy lately creating some really great lenses. She’s been active within the community, too, so that may be why she looks familiar. We thought you’d enjoy getting to know her a little bit better. Read on…

How did you find Squidoo? I've been researching ways for retired people to earn a little extra income. Looking into Article marketing, I found Squidoo. When I started reading through the different lenses, it looked like a fun, interactive site, where you could write about anything (within reason, of course). I love to write, but for those of us who are new to publishing anything, it's great to have a place where you can write about what interests you, while you learn, practice and improve. One of the first lens I read was about quonset huts! Talk about a unique topic. It was so interesting to read. It gets to be quite addicting, I think, and more than fun.

You’ve made lenses on a nice variety of topics, but I’m particularly drawn to your Favorite Christmas Gifts for Alzheimer’s Residents lens. Do you have plans to write more on that topic? What else can we look forward to on future lenses? Thank you for that. I definitely would like to write more about Alzheimer's, since it's so close to my heart. There are several ideas on my list for that. Besides that I'd love to write about the Oregon coast, and more on the 'history of different things, a curiosity I've recently developed. Honestly, since I've gotten hooked on Squidoo, much of what I see or do brings to mind an article. And you won't catch me cooking without my camera handy! Ha, the list keeps growing! It is just too fun!

What can Squidoo do for you? It is already doing something for me—thank you! It's exciting to complete a lens, made so easy on the site-thank you again. And it has given me so many ideas to write about. Squidoo can help improve my skills and encourage me. Every lens I read does that. Perhaps it will help me understand more about links and tags, etc., for increasing visibility. Since I have a website and blog in the works too, I seem to crave knowledge. There is so much to learn—and isn't that fun? Having a comfortable community like Squidoo offers is also a big help. I love how people comment on a lens or stop by to say hi.

For now I will keep on lensing! Thanks again for interviewing me. I feel honored!

Lens of the Day: Visiting Nevada’s incredible Valley of Fire State Park

Posted: 07 Nov 2013 05:19 AM PST

No comments:

Post a Comment