Saturday, November 9, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Lens of the Day: Ms. Frizzle’s Bus Stops at Your House: Magic School Bus Science Kit -Human Body

Posted: 09 Nov 2013 04:42 AM PST

New Giant Squid Lenses for the Week of November 4

Posted: 08 Nov 2013 05:23 PM PST

Evening Attire for Men

1. Evening Attire for Men

The modern tuxedo has many components, including a coat, trousers, formal shirt, and tie worn with either a vest or a cummerbund. Black and white is the traditional color scheme, although modern men often introduce fashion colors in the tie and vest or cum…

Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Ideas | Girl 10-14

2. Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Ideas | Girl 10-14

I’ve participated in Operation Christmas Child for more than a decade but this is the first year I decided to pack a shoebox for a 10- to 14- year- old girl. After reading articles about the struggles young women face in developing countries, I realiz…

What Will the Hobbit Part 2 "The Desolation of Smaug" Movie Be Like?

3. What Will the Hobbit Part 2 “The Desolation of Smaug” Movie Be Like?

On December 13, 2013, all across the world The Hobbit Part 2 ‘The Desolation of Smaug’ will be opening in theaters. It appears to be one of the most anticipated films of the year and from the previews it promises lots of excitement and action! Bu…

Lets Make Chocolate Candy Cane Sleighs For Christmas

4. Lets Make Chocolate Candy Cane Sleighs For Christmas

I’m the type of person that is always looking for new ways to make small gifts for people at Christmas time and this year they are receiving these cute, easy to make candy cane Santa sleds. It’s important to note that I am not the only person who…

7 Can’t Miss List Lenses

Posted: 08 Nov 2013 12:12 PM PST

Some of our lensmasters were making a list (lens) that you’ll want to check out. Take a look!

10 Tips for Taking Great Photographs

1. 10 Tips for Taking Great Photographs

Everyone is taking photos these days with an array of cameras, mobile phones and even iPads. We are blessed with well- designed and diverse gadgets capable of taking extraordinary digital images. How many of us know the ins and outs of being able to take r…

Five Ways to Inject More Happiness Into Your Life

2. Five Ways to Inject More Happiness Into Your Life

Ever since I was 20 years old, I have been making new year’s resolutions. I make them every year with the intention of accomplishing certain goals and expectations that I set out for myself because I believe that it will somehow add to my happiness. O…

Do you have a Go Bag?

3. Do you have a Go Bag?

It’s something that folks just don’t like to think about – preparedness. Whether you call it a ‘Go Bag’, a ‘Bug Out Bag’ or a ‘Get Home Bag’, everyone should have one or more of these on hand. It’s grab and go c…

Antioxidants, Phytochemicals and SuperFoods - Oh My!

4. Antioxidants, Phytochemicals and SuperFoods – Oh My!

Superfoods are colorful, nutrient- rich foods and are filled with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytochemicals. They are one food source that are recommended to consume daily. There are many health benefits to consuming super foods that include anti…

Easiest ways to clean vinyl mini blinds

5. Easiest ways to clean vinyl mini blinds

First, let me admit up front I’m a lazy housekeeper. Mini blinds? I’d rather clean the toilet than wrestle with those pesky slats, and let’s face it: there is NO easy way to clean mini blinds. I’ve tried all kinds of methods. The three…

An Imperfect Witch

6. An Imperfect Witch

I first discovered the works of Indy author Debora Geary last summer, and quickly devoured all of the books she had written in her previous series of books, A Modern Witch and WitchLight Trilogy. Witch Central continues on from these two series with the sa…

Packing Cubes Keep Me Organized When I Travel

7. Packing Cubes Keep Me Organized When I Travel

The day I discovered eBags packing cubes my traveling life got much more organized and easier. We simply pack in the cubes and then toss them into our travel backpack and we are on our way. We love to travel and generally spend more than half the year away…

Hungry? Check out these new recipes.

Posted: 08 Nov 2013 12:10 PM PST

Creamy Avocado Corn Soup Warms Up the Meal on a Cold Rainy Day

1. Creamy Avocado Corn Soup Warms Up the Meal on a Cold Rainy Day

When you crave something creamy and warm, think soup! For a perfectly warming and soothing dinner on the first rainy day of Autumn I decided to literally whip up a meal in a matter of minutes. Since the three avocados waiting for me on the kitchen counter…

How to make perfect boiled eggs and soldiers

2. How to make perfect boiled eggs and soldiers

Perfect soft boiled eggs with toast soldiers It took me years to discover how to make the perfect soft- boiled egg. I finally found the secret in a long- out- of- print book by Willie Rushton called Superpig. Since then, I have been the boiled egg diva. Ea…

Sumptuous Chocolate Caramel with Fudge Covered Pretzel Cookies

3. Sumptuous Chocolate Caramel with Fudge Covered Pretzel Cookies

Sumptuous Chocolate Caramel with Fudge Covered Pretzel Cookies Photo Copyright 2013 Ren During Original recipe from Emily at Is This Really My Life…

Smoking to Grilling a Brisket

4. Smoking to Grilling a Brisket

Ah. I’m soo stuffed. I shouldn’t have ate soo much Brisket, but it was Awesome! Here is the long sought after Brisket recipe I’ve been looking for. The entire brisket is full of flavor all the way through, not just the ends or the outside la…

Cheese Balls

5. Cheese Balls

Cheese Balls have always been the most cooked snack at my place. It has been my daughter’s favourite snack ever since she was a little girl. I think this is one snack, I cook almost daily. In order to save time, I cook enough for a few days and freeze…

Cold Avocado Soup Recipe

6. Cold Avocado Soup Recipe

I learn about this recipe a long time ago (more than 10 years ago) but really didn’t pay too much attention to it. Until my little my sister (not so little 25 years old) became a vegetarian. After that, when I invited the family over for dinner I had…

Pizza Soup - My Husband's Original Recipe

7. Pizza Soup – My Husband’s Original Recipe

What’s better than a slice of pizza and a bowl of soup? PIZZA SOUP! For our Fall Party at church last year, my husband invented and cooked his own version of Pizza Soup to enter into the Men’s Soup Cook- Off. He got 2nd place, but he would have g…

Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup Recipe

8. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup Recipe

My slow cooker split pea soup is made with the traditional ham included in the recipe for added body and flavor. Most homemade soups are generally thick and filling and split pea has the added benefit of being wonderfully protein rich. My recipe creates su…

Corn Chowder with Poblano Chowder

9. Corn Chowder with Poblano Chowder

This yummy Corn and Poblano Chowder is great when your in the mood for a comforting soup with just a little kick. The rich flavors from the Poblano peppers adds extra pazzaz to this soup. If your a lover of corn chowder, give this recipe a try you may neve…

Oatmeal White Chip Apricot Cookie Recipe

10. Oatmeal White Chip Apricot Cookie Recipe

This is an oldie but a goody. I don’t actually remember where I found this cookie recipe, but my kids love these cookies. The best thing about the Oatmeal White Chip Apricot cookies is that I can get my little girl to eat some oats and fruit. She is a…

No comments:

Post a Comment