Sunday, December 1, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Quest of the Day: 22 Awesome Running Accessories

Posted: 01 Dec 2013 05:13 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-12-01 at 8.12.23 AMRunning is a popular sport, fitness and recreational activity for many different kinds of people. Of course, all you need to run is shoes and some willpower, but everyone loves gadgets and accessories, don’t they? Here are 22 great products that would improve or enhance anyone’s run. Tried it? Let us know what you thought! Gave one as a gift? Tell us how it went for your recipient!

Lens of the Day: Japanese Fruit Sandwich

Posted: 01 Dec 2013 05:05 AM PST

Hello December!

Posted: 01 Dec 2013 05:00 AM PST

SONY DSCWelcome, December, the I-can’t-believe-another-year-is-almost-gone month. Are you ready for it?

This is a huge holiday shopping month, as you know, and our new product review format is getting a great workout. We are loving the personal stories that lensmasters are sharing, such an important part of product reviews. Consumers want recommendations they can trust and who best to write them but lensmasters who’ve actually used the items holiday shoppers are searching for?

If you haven’t made a product review lens then you’re really, really missing out. Can’t think of an item to review? No problem! Our “quests of the day” consist of “idea factory” lists like this one, a compilation of niche/topical products that are tried and true. Not into toys? Check out the Quest of the Day tab at the top of the page for dozens more ideas.

There’s more to holidays than presents. You’ll also find recipe quests where you can use our new recipe format to create a lens in mere minutes. Just keep your camera in the kitchen and take pictures of everything you make. Share about the background of the recipe, where it came from and what makes it special, upload a picture, type in the ingredient list and instructions, choose a related Amazon product or two and, voila, you’ve just solved somebody’s “What shall I fix for a quick supper?” or “What can I make to take to the party?” problem!

Have a holiday craft idea to share? Don’t miss the new “how to” module and lens format. Again, an easy way to help someone out in a hurry – and very topical right now when you share your favorite Christmas crafts.

Need more space than a new-format lens allows? No problem! We still adore traditional lenses, especially when they’re filled with amazing pictures and share unique stories and useful, up-to-date information. So go for it!

New to Squidoo and feeling overwhelmed? No worries! Join us on RocketSquids and we’ll help you make heads and tails out of lensmaking. We’d love to have you! Learn more and sign up right here.

All of us on Squidoo’s Creative Team want to wish every lensmaster a joyful holiday season. We’re glad you’re spending part of your December with us! Do you have special plans this month? Care to share? We’d love to know what you’re doing to make your December special.

Image Information

20 Tech Gifts You’ll Love!

Posted: 30 Nov 2013 11:07 AM PST

Beat-i-tude! Why I love my Beats Solo HD!

1. Beat-i-tude! Why I love my Beats Solo HD!

I brought my Beats Solo HD headphones in July of 2013. It was the best $180 I ever spent and hopefully it will be for you too! Of course you can get them a little cheaper this Christmas season. Fashion Statement! I care about the look of my headphones just…

How the iPad enhances our lives

2. How the iPad enhances our lives

Honestly, I didn’t WANT an iPad I didn’t see the point. Why? Well, we both have computers, we have laptops and we have iPhones. I didn’t see that we needed more gadgetry. I imagined that the iPad was just larger version of the phone and I li…

The Printer That Has Potential

3. The Printer That Has Potential

I had this printer, but it died during my multiple moves. Actually, it didn’t die, the drum and toner both died. I loved the product, however. My only real negative view on it was that we only got about 100 sheets on both the toner and the drum. This…

What's So Great About The 15" Apple MacBook with Retina Display?

4. What’s So Great About The 15″ Apple MacBook with Retina Display?

If you are looking for a sleek, portable computer you might want to read this: This nice looking 15- inch Apple MacBook Pro laptop handles like a a pro! It is compact and everything you need is tightly and efficiently packed into a reasonably sized laptop….

PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One

5. PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One

The next generation of console gaming has officially started! Beginning last year with the launch of Nintendo’s Wii U, and completing the circle with recently launched Sony’s PlayStation 4 and Microsoft’s Xbox One. Is it a coincidence that t…

Best Laptop: The 13-Inch MacBook Pro With Retina Display

6. Best Laptop: The 13-Inch MacBook Pro With Retina Display

I’ve Seen the Apple Light Through a Retina, Have You? After years of owning PC’s, I’ve at last seen the light and see it every day through the lid of my new Apple MacBook Pro 13- inch with retina computer. I don’t know why it took me so…

IPAD 4 GENERATION MD510LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black)  WITH RETINA DISPLAY QUICK REVIEW

7. IPAD 4 GENERATION MD510LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) WITH RETINA DISPLAY QUICK REVIEW

I can not say that I am an Apple fanatic but once I started using their product I would say they had me sold. They offer great service and there if you need help. I bought this tablet because it had Retina display and I heard about how much better the reso…

Killer Reading Experience with Kindle Paperwhite

8. Killer Reading Experience with Kindle Paperwhite

In my humble opinion, having upgraded from an earlier version recently the kindle Paperwhite is, without a doubt, a genuine all- rounder of an e- reader, and Amazon have really raised the bar when it comes to the e- reading experience, having made enough i…

Sousababy's Holiday Wish List

9. Sousababy’s Holiday Wish List

If Santa believes I’ve been more nice than (cough, cough) naughty I’ll ask for this Logitech Comfort Lapdesk. I’m impressed with the quality of Logitech’s award- winning remotes, mouses, keyboards, and more. Two main points I viewed all…

The Casio Exilim EX-Z800 Digital Camera: My Everyday Camera

10. The Casio Exilim EX-Z800 Digital Camera: My Everyday Camera

My Casio Exilim EX- Z800 digital camera came free with a laptop my girlfriend bought in 2011. I picked it up and haven’t been able to put it down since. This digital camera is what I like to call an ‘everyday’ camera. I take it with me every…

10 Reasons to Love the Chromecast Streaming Media Player

11. 10 Reasons to Love the Chromecast Streaming Media Player

Google debuted their Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player in July, 2013. I think I saw the first TV ad for it in early October, and thought ‘Oh that looks cool! ‘ A week or so later, I was at a friend’s house and noticed he had one. A mont…

Gift this Bose Soundlink Mini to someone you love!

12. Gift this Bose Soundlink Mini to someone you love!

I want this Bose Mini Bluetooth Speaker! Ok, this is not actually a review of a product I own- at least right now; this article is a HINT to my family that this is a techie product that I would love to have! I have read several reviews and comparison artic…

My Special Little Light

13. My Special Little Light

What person doesn’t like the idea of reading peacefully with light bright enough to make you believe it’s daytime? Especially when your parent’s have said it’s lights out time and you are just at the best part of the newest hot novel! R…

Apple iPod Shuffle Small But Big on Music

14. Apple iPod Shuffle Small But Big on Music

My son wants to listen to music everywhere he goes. I remember being like that once! I was looking for a quality product that would not break the bank – then I found the Apple iPod Shuffle. I am a complete Apple freak, so I think the iPod is beautiful and…

I Love Features On The Beats Wireless On-Ear Headphones!

15. I Love Features On The Beats Wireless On-Ear Headphones!

In my family I am known as the analytic one; due to the fact that when buying items as a consumer I have to do my due diligence every time. Recently I decided to look at wireless headsets and the option to purchase a beats wireless on- ear headphone surfac…

Sleep Well and Reduce Stress with Ecotones

16. Sleep Well and Reduce Stress with Ecotones

Often I have problems sleeping. A little bit of sleep apnea, combined with a handful of stress with a dash of noisy neighborhood thrown in for good measure. All of this adds up to lose of sleep, which of course leads to even more stress. Pretty much the pe…

Nikon 1528 16.2 MP DSLR Camera Review

17. Nikon 1528 16.2 MP DSLR Camera Review

I am an amateur photographer and any normal camera had been sufficient for me till I developed passion for trick photography and making funny videos. I was introduced to the exciting world of trick photography by an icon of trick photography. I saw some mi…

18.

My MacBook Pro Retina is Better Than Yours

19. My MacBook Pro Retina is Better Than Yours

Since I bought my MacBook Pro Retina 15. 4′ laptop I said goodbye to eyestrain, and hello happy work! This is my first laptop and the freedom to work anywhere unlocks doors in writing spontaneity for me. It was like opening the proverbial flood gates…

Klipsch Image S4 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphones

20. Klipsch Image S4 In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphones

Having trouble finding a quality pair of headphones that are made for adults? You can skip all the carton skulls & ridiculous color schemes with these amazing ear buds! They are hands down the most comfortable in ear headphones I’ve ever owned…

No comments:

Post a Comment