Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Announcing The Winners Of Our Holiday How To Monster Quest

Posted: 03 Dec 2013 07:27 AM PST

rubberbandOur Holiday How To Monster Quest  expired last night.

We received bunches of wonderful lenses and it was difficult to choose he winners but choose we did and four talented lensmasters have just won a $50.00 Amazon.com gift card for their amazing How To ability.

We picked one lens from each of 4 topics.

Our winners are:

MysticTurtle: How To Make A Holiday Craft.
DecoratingforEvents: How To Decorate Your Home For The Holidays.
vallain: How To Decorate A Christmas Tree.
GardenHarbor: How To Make Holiday Goodies.

Visit each of the following to see the winning lenses and to learn how to make some homemade holiday fun.  These 4 lenses will also be featured as Lens of the Day over the next few days.

Big huge thanks to everyone who participated!

And to all, keep checking the Quests tab on your dashboard because you never know what kind of fun quest you’ll find there next.

DIY Glitter Candle Holder Winter Craft

1. DIY Glitter Candle Holder Winter Craft

I love the holidays and the winter season. There is just something clean and refreshing about the cold, crisp air and a new blanket of snow. This time of year also gets my creative juices flowing. I like to have seasonal decor around the house but I don…

Christmas Crafts: Make A Drinking Straw Star

2. Christmas Crafts: Make A Drinking Straw Star

Here’s a Christmas craft for the older children. I learned to make these drinking straw stars during math class in school. (Many years ago. ) If you think that’s an odd place to learn handicrafts, you’ll soon see how constructing this star c…

How To Make Holiday Reindeer Nose Candies

3. How To Make Holiday Reindeer Nose Candies

One of the greatest byproducts of the holidays are the amazing recipes and treats that come out of the woodwork from everyone you know – family, friends, colleagues, neighbors. This recipe for Reindeer Noses is an unbelievably easy recipe that will be sure…

Make a Teddy Bear Tree

4. Make a Teddy Bear Tree

A Fun Christmas Project Who wouldn’t love a Christmas tree made entirely of cuddly teddy bears? It was an annual tradition at the Butler County History Museum in my hometown. People looked forward to taking their children to see the unique tree each h…

15 Exciting Electronics Gifts

Posted: 03 Dec 2013 06:17 AM PST

Here’s 15 super electronics gift idea lenses that were created for our Holiday Gift Monster Quest.

There’s something here for everyone. Take a look!

Retro Handset For Your Cell Phone

1. Retro Handset For Your Cell Phone

At first you may think this is a silly novelty toy, but a lot of elderly people are uncomfortable answering their cell phones. They have dexterity problems and difficulty holding the phone and pushing the buttons. I own one of these gadgets in neon orange….

My Most Loved Electronic Device?  My Indus-Tool FWXXX Electric Foot Warmer Mat!

2. My Most Loved Electronic Device? My Indus-Tool FWXXX Electric Foot Warmer Mat!

I can’t say enough good things about this mat, and I am not exaggerating. I’ve had arthritis in my feet and legs my entire life and, it happens I just had to have my office in the basement. In the North, where temperatures can go below ten degree…

The Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner - a Great Holiday Gift for Scrapbookers or Family Historians

3. The Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner – a Great Holiday Gift for Scrapbookers or Family Historians

I have always been fascinated by hearing my grandparents tell stories from when they were a child. Some of my fondest memories of my childhood were visiting my grandparents and looking through their old family photo albums, while listening to their stories…

WHAT'S SO COOL ABOUT MY NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1

4. WHAT’S SO COOL ABOUT MY NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1

Have you ever heard the saying that dynamite comes in small packages? This is true of my new Samsung Galaxy note 10. 1. I have only had it about 3 weeks and couldn’t be more thrilled. Why did I need one? I didn’t. I have a desk top and lap top co…

Epson Wireless XP-300

5. Epson Wireless XP-300

I would like to tell why we love our Epson wireless printer. We had a desk top computer for years, then we finally bought a lap top, and then we finally went with a wireless subscriber. This was all great because now we could work on our lap top from any w…

Charging Valet Every Household Should Have One

6. Charging Valet Every Household Should Have One

With all the electronics that people own today it gets harder to find a free plug for charging, here is a great idea to help you charge a few of your electronic batteries at the same time. Whether it’s your cell phone battery or that digital camera yo…

Wake Up On Time With A Sonic Alarm

7. Wake Up On Time With A Sonic Alarm

Kid B had always been a heavy sleeper. A radio alarm, phone alarm or an old fashioned ringing one would not do the trick, everyday at home one of us would shout for her to get up, then do it again, then switch the lights on in her room, or even open the cu…

The Best Sonic Screwdriver Flashlight

8. The Best Sonic Screwdriver Flashlight

I bought this Sonic Screwdriver Flashlight and Pen as a fun gift for my Dad. He’s been a Doctor Who fan for the full 50 years, and as a kid he’d watch the show with me. He still does when we get the chance. Back in the Tom Baker days he happily w…

Gift - Tech Toys for Business People

9. Gift – Tech Toys for Business People

I know you can’t wait for the verdict, and I’m sorry for making you wait. It’s just that the story of the Pebble Watch needs a few details if I’m to provide you with a proper perspective. (ok fine. it’s a great gift). Disclaimer: I…

VTech Innolab 3 The Learning Tablet

10. VTech Innolab 3 The Learning Tablet

I can’t believe I am saying this, because when computer first became small enough to fit in your home, I thought it was end of civilization as we know it. I guess in a way I was right, but wow what doors technology has opened up for us! Here is a gift…

WD My Book 3TB External Hard Drive That Is More Than Storage Space

11. WD My Book 3TB External Hard Drive That Is More Than Storage Space

Merry Christmas Kid This external hard drive is going to be my son’s Christmas present. The boy gobbles drive space faster than seems possible and always blames his games and movies for the consumption. His computer is rather like his room, with cramm…

BlackRapid Bag Perfect for the Point and Shoot Camera

12. BlackRapid Bag Perfect for the Point and Shoot Camera

Take your digital point and shoot camera everywhere with this camera bag made especially for the compact digital camera. When I was looking for a camera bag for my Cyber- Shot digital camera I came across this easy and simple way to always carry my camera….

On the Go with a Bitty Go Mic

13. On the Go with a Bitty Go Mic

Sometimes a Christmas present is what you do for someone. My Samson Go Mic is going on a long trip this year – it has a job to do – but it’s also going to come back home, safe in its bitty carrying case. It’s small enough to fit in a little zippe…

Vtech InnoTab 3S Review

14. Vtech InnoTab 3S Review

Vtech’s InnoTab 3S is one of latest kid’s learning tablets. I got this Wi- Fi capable tablet in November 2013 and some lucky kid will receive it because I will be donating it. Before giving it away, I thought of testing it and writing a personal…

What I Love About My Kindle (AKA The #1 Book Buddy for College Students & Bookworms)

15. What I Love About My Kindle (AKA The #1 Book Buddy for College Students & Bookworms)

For a graduation/pre- college present, I received a Kindle from my Aunt. And I have to say I totally love it! You see, I’ve always wanted a Kindle; I’m a huge reader, and an e- reader seemed to be the next step. Therefore, when I was given my Kin…

Quest of the Day: 70 Favorite Children’s Books

Posted: 03 Dec 2013 05:29 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-12-02 at 2.34.08 PMhere are so many amazing children’s books on the market. Classics like Dr. Seuss to modern favorites like Bad Kitty, Skippyjon Jones and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Review the books that your family knows and loves.

Lens of the Day: Making Pasta with a Pasta Machine Plus a Recipe

Posted: 03 Dec 2013 04:59 AM PST

Meet gottaloveit, she’s a Giant Squid!

Posted: 02 Dec 2013 12:52 PM PST

Screen Shot 2013-12-02 at 3.47.16 PMWhat is the single best piece of advice you’d give to everyone?

Every single thing that happens happens for the best. Everything. Sometimes it’s difficult or impossible to the good, but it’s true.

When did you make the biggest difference?

I was my elderly Mom’s caregiver for the 5 years prior to her death at 95. We shared an amazing 5 years; years I wouldn’t change for anything. I’m left with wonderful memories and many loving moments with Mom.

Who had the most influence on your life?

My parents have alway been my role models throughout life. They had a 65 year love affair and, although I found love late in life, I have a very similar relationship with my love, John.

What was your greatest moment?

Interestingly, I think my greatest moment (or perhaps, one of them) was being with my mom as she took her last breath. It’s certainly a moment I will never forget. She was peaceful, she was surrounded by those who loved her, and then she was gone.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Ha ha. I suppose the correct answer is ‘a writer’ but, nah. I am happy being me right now so, I suppose the correct answer for me is, well, ‘me.’

What did you admire most about your mother/father/parents?

See above. They were born in 1916 and 1917 and saw many horrors and many triumphs over their long lives. They put family above all else and gave me the morals that I follow to this day. I’m forever grateful to have been my parents’ daughter.

What advice would you give to your teenage self?

Stay the course.

Share something you learned at your day job that applies to life in general.

I no longer work, giving up my 40 hour/week job to care for Mom. But, I was a data manager for clinical trials. Learning to cooperate with and enhance the lives of others sure makes the ride easier.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

42

What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world?

I would love to see population control go worldwide. Some people just shouldn’t breed…

Favorite Lens

When death looms – the signs and symptoms of final moments on earth

-gottaloveitGiant Squid on Squidoo

Two Lensmasters Just Won A Kindle Fire HDX: See the winners of the Holiday Gift Monster Quest Here

Posted: 02 Dec 2013 12:13 PM PST

holiOur Holiday Gift Monster Quest ended last night and we’ve got great news for 2 of our lensmasters.

Congratulations to adventuretravelshop and britflorida for creating the winning lenses from our Holiday Gift Monster Quest.  Each will win a brand new Kindle Fire HDX.  In addition to that, you’ll find adventuretravelshop’s lens featured as Lens of the Day tomorrow.  Britflorida’s lens already held that honored spot on November 22nd.

We’d also like to thank everyone who participated.  Your hard work made this decision extra tough and we’ll be grabbing some of these lenses to show off as Lens of the Day and in special SquidooHQ posts in the coming days and weeks ahead leading up to Christmas so stay tuned and remember to keep an eye on your Quests tab because there’s always something new and fun there.

Now go ahead and pay a visit to each of the winning lenses.

Making Pasta with a Pasta Machine Plus a Recipe

1. Making Pasta with a Pasta Machine Plus a Recipe

I am Italian and the very proud owner of a pasta machine, which I have had for years and is still as good now as new. My son and I were together all day today, so we decided treat dad by making pasta. My son loves using the pasta machine and it is actually…

November 22, 1963: The Kennedy Assassination

2. November 22, 1963: The Kennedy Assassination

The most momentous event of the twentieth century – given the Stephen King treatment The author initially had the idea for this book back in the 1970s. However, as he explains, the events were too recent in everyone’s minds. The vital question What wo…

Featured Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment