Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


We’re Momentarily Down

Posted: 15 Jan 2014 07:46 AM PST

Screen Shot 2013-12-12 at 8.46.25 AMYou may not be able to acces the site at the moment.

We’re working quickly to get this fixed.

In the mean time check out our Squidoo Contributor Interviews.

LeanneChesser is the “Committed Vegan” Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 15 Jan 2014 06:45 AM PST

leanne_chesserToday we’re proud to introduce you to LeanneChesser.  She’s the new “Committed Vegan” Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.

My niche topic is veganism. For me, being vegan is about making a choice to live a lifestyle that honors animal welfare, the environment and planet, my body and what it wants, and my nutrition. It’s something I care deeply about and that I love learning about.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?

I fell in love with nutrition and eating the way my body wanted. It started out with me eliminating meat, but still eating fish, dairy and eggs. I later stopped eating fish and then dairy and eggs a while after that. I’m now a vegan (no animal products at all), but it’s still a process for me. Sometimes I’m a lacto-ovo vegetarian in terms of diet (but don’t use animal products in my personal or household contexts) and sometimes I’m vegan. I’m passionate about a vegan diet and lifestyle, however, and I’m moving more and more in the direction of living as a vegan 100% of the time in all ways to the best of my ability.

Who had the most influence in your life?

Various people have impacted me in the area of nutrition. A past friend and business associate was the first one to really affect me. Kris Carr is someone who has had the greatest influence, I’d say. She wrote the Crazy Sexy books (Crazy Sexy Diet, Crazy Sexy Kitchen). There have been others as well.

You can also find LeanneChesser at:

Nutrition on Pinterest

Here’s a couple of her tasty lenses:

Dill Vegetable Soup

Yummy Green Superfoods Smoothie

And if you’re vegan too, be sure to stop by  her Review Vegan Cookbooks to find, or review, a great cookbook.

Review Your Favorite Disco Songs

Posted: 15 Jan 2014 05:50 AM PST

Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 8.49.13 AMI’m DebW07, the “Disco Queen” 70′s Contributor on Squidoo and I never stopped listening to disco music. I have several reasons why I love this music and I would love to hear from all the like-minded disco/70′s music lovers out there. I’m interested in learning about your favorite 70′s music and I’ve put together a list of several top disco songs here. I invite you to choose 1 or more of your favorites and write a review. It’s easy to do, and here’s what a Squidoo review looks like: Take Your Time (Do It Right) by The S.O.S. Band

Lens of the Day: Winter Garden Tree Ideas

Posted: 15 Jan 2014 05:11 AM PST

Review of the Day: The definitive collection of greatness if you ask me

Posted: 15 Jan 2014 04:00 AM PST

susan-zutautas is the “Soups On” Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 14 Jan 2014 05:52 PM PST

susanzAs promised, starting now and over the course of the next several weeks we’ll be introducing you to the members of our new Squidoo Contributors Club.

First up we’re happy to introduce you to susan-zutautas.  She’s our “Soups On” Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.
My niche topic is all about soup. My second passion next to writing is cooking. If you don’t find me in front of my computer you know that I’m in the kitchen creating new dishes and recipes. My family and I enjoy many different types of soup and I hope to share all my favorite recipes here on Squidoo.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
I began cooking when I was a young child and have had a passion for it since. I love to see people enjoy what I make in the kitchen.

Who had the most influence in your life?
I’d have to say my Grandmother had the most influence in my life. My mother died when I was 3 years old and my grandmother basically helped to raise me. I will be forever grateful for all the love and support that I got from her as a young child.

You can also find susan-zutautas at:

Everything Susan

Just Ask Susan

Everything Susan and More

The Lowdown On Squidoo Quests

Posted: 14 Jan 2014 02:27 PM PST

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 5.18.36 PMWe’ve got lots and lots and (one more) lots of quests available on Squidoo in a huge range of topics.

The main reason we send quests is to help our lensmasters find ideas for creative new lenses.  I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve heard the words, “Wow, if it weren’t for that quest, I wouldn’t have made this successful lens.”  We love that!   That’s why we want to send you as many ideas as possible to help you create new review lenses as well as regular lenses. In fact, most of the time people ask for more quests than we have available.

Some of you may find the additional quests on your dashboard overwhelming.  Our policy on quest taking hasn’t changed.  Quests have always been and will always be voluntary.  You are never obligated to take one AND we certainly don’t expect you to take all of the quests you receive in your Quests tab.

Think of these quests as a way to spark your imagination.   We’ve recently started a new project to make sure you get as many varied quests within certain topic areas as possible. We’ve now got a group of Squidoo Contributors who are busy working on new curation lists full of great ideas for your next lens.   They’re also spreading the word about their topic area to help bring more readers to the lenses that are created in their topics.  These people are excited and inspired and inspiring and we can’t wait to see what they come up with.  You’ll get to meet them in the coming days and weeks as we share their profiles here at SquidooHQ.

Please keep in mind that we try to tailor the quests you receive to match your main areas of interest as per the lenses you’ve made in the past but unfortunately that isn’t an exact science just yet.  So, if you are sent a quest that doesn’t interest you, simply ignore it and move on to the next idea. Once a quest expires it moves off the list.

How many quests are too many?  When it comes to generating ideas for lenses, there’s just no way to know and probably never enough.

Think about it.  If you find one single new idea that you love per week via our quests, even if you ignore all of the other quests that were sent to you, you’ll have 52 GREAT lenses by the end of the year.

Wouldn’t that be awesome?!?

Image Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment