Thursday, January 16, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


serendipity831 is the “Modern Music Fanatic” Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 16 Jan 2014 06:26 AM PST

20140110_201717_450x600Today, we’re pleased to introduce you to serendipity831. He’s our “Modern Music Fanatic” Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.

My niche is Music~ Modern Music to be exact. The best thing about this niche is that Modern Music these days is very eclectic. That works well with me because I love all types of Music.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?

I think I was a music fanatic since birth. Both my parents were up on the latest music and the greats from time gone by as well. I grew up listening to all types of music and always have been in the know of the latest. When I was younger I watched American Bandstand, Soul Train, and Solid Gold. These days my source for the latest music consists of the Billboard Charts, YouTube and several other internet sources. I’m definitely a music fanatic!

Who influenced you most?

I’ve had so many musical influences throughout my life. Beginning with the Beatles, Elton John, Rod Stewart and Tina Turner to present day with artists like Madonna, Michael Buble, Tim McGraw and Ed Sheeran. I don’t think I could ever narrow it down to just one, but I am a huge Madonna fan.

You can also find serendipity831 at:

Twitter

Facebook

Pinterest

If you love modern music, stop by his Review These 2014 Grammy Nominated CD’s to share a review.

Which Are The Best Disney Movies? Review Your Favorites.

Posted: 16 Jan 2014 05:44 AM PST

Screen Shot 2014-01-16 at 8.43.13 AMThere have been so many Disney movies since Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs was released in 1937. Disney movies are enjoying an amazing renaissance right now with Frozen looking all set to be one of the most successful animated movies of all time.

Which are your favorite Disney movies? Do you prefer the classics, such as Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Dumbo? Or are you more of a Pixar fan with Toy Story, Brave and Finding Nemo at the top of your list? Maybe the new Disney Marvel movies are more your style?

Lens of the Day: My Father Believed He Was An Alien

Posted: 16 Jan 2014 05:21 AM PST

Introducing flora-crew

Posted: 16 Jan 2014 05:08 AM PST

Today we’re pleased to introduce flora-crew. She’s a lifelong-learner and a writer with a wonderful outlook on life and a great sense of humor to top it all off. Enjoy getting to know her better.

What brought you to Squidoo? I guess what brought me to Squidoo was that I was looking for freelance work. I saw Squidoo and joined. Then I got hooked trying to make points and get trophies. Then I joined Rocket Squids and here I am.

You have a very interesting portfolio of lenses – and a wonderful, subtle sense of humor. I’m very curious to know what topics are coming up next on your lensmaking list. I am supposed to take a class in treatment strategies at Oakton next semester. I already have the book, and a friend lent me a new copy of the DSM V. I have thought about writing reviews of both of them. I also have a lot of books lying around my apartment. One is on the history of pi. It actually has a lot of cool facts in it. Most of my writing is either autobiographical or reviews but I would like to expand. I also have an assortment of passe plugs and computers lying around my bedroom. I thought about writing a humor piece about taking computer technology at Oakton.

What can Squidoo do for you? I think Squidoo is helping to keep me motivated. I get a government check but any income generated would also be appreciated. I was thinking about hooking Squidoo up to my website and blog also. That might motivate me to update them more than I currently do. I have had them since the late 1990′s but let them go by the wayside a lot. When I took a class at Oakton Community College, I started paying a small amount of money for the site. That way I could start advertising on the site myself if it ever started generating any income.

Review of the Day: Why I love Redmon Bongo Buckets

Posted: 16 Jan 2014 05:07 AM PST

LindaWhite is the “Sensational Scrapbooker” Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 15 Jan 2014 02:16 PM PST

230611_1019210084082_8914_nWe’re pleased to introduce you to LindaWhite. She’s our “Sensational Scrapbooker” Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.
Creating a memories one page at a time is really the heart of what scrapbooking is about. Telling the stories of our lives for future generations by preserving photos and adding our own words is a legacy that will last a lifetime and beyond. But it’s more than that. It can be our art journals, our quote journals, our idea journals-anywhere where we record our thoughts, emotions, ideas and passions.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
When my first grandchild was born, I wanted to create something special that I could create and give her on the day she was married. Then as additional grandchildren-7 grandkids and I had a great grandchild later-  I developed and as my passion developed I got farther into the whole process of sharing with others

Who had the most influence in your life?
There have been a series of dedicated scrapbookers who have fueled my creative side. The internet community has had the most influence on my art.

You can also find LindaWhite at:

Scrapbook Tips and Ideas on Pinterest

If you’re interested in scrapbooking, stop by LindaWhite’s  Scrapbook Toolbox-What You Need To Get Started to learn about some of the basic tools needed or to create a review of your favorite product that she recommends there.

No comments:

Post a Comment