Saturday, January 18, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Find A Niche That You Love With Our Squidoo Contributors

Posted: 18 Jan 2014 06:58 AM PST

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 5.15.27 PM

Last week we started introducing our Squidoo Contributors. This week the contributors are sharing their Facebook pages. Each page focuses on their niche and offers fun opportunities for participation. Do please do “Like” the pages you’re interested in.

BOOKS

Memoirs and Autobiographies - A page about memoirs and autobiographies, for those who like to read them, and for those who write them. by lindajm The “Auto-Biography Bookworm” Contributor on Squidoo.

Ruthi Reads Books For Kids - Ruthi Reads Books For Kids and will encourage you to read them too. Reading, reviewing, and recommending children’s books. by Ruthi The “Books For Kids” Contributor.

CRAFTS

Free Crochet Patterns & Designs – Free Crochet Patterns for Baby, modern with a vintage twist hats, cardigans, blankets, and more. – by LisaAuch the “Pattern Queen” Contributor on Squidoo.

Little Crafty Kids - Get creative with your little ones! Join us as we share craft ideas, resources and more for under-fives. Baby, toddler and preschool crafts galore!. by MissMerFaery The “Little Crafty Kid” Contributor on Squidoo.

HOME & GARDEN

The Recycler Network - I’m The Recycler Contributor on Squidoo. Join me on a journey of Reducing, Reusing and Recycling. Let’s keep our world clean, green and healthy. by BearTale The “Recycler” Contributor on Squidoo.

POP CULTURE

Fabulous Forties - Give me a time machine! I want to go to the 1940s! Here’s a collection of fabulous forties classics. by susannaduffy the “Fabulous 1940′s” Contributor on Squidoo.

Squidoo “Disco Queen” 70′s Contributor - The Place Where Writers Contribute on 70s/Disco Topics. by DebW07 The “Disco Queen” 70′s” Contributor on Squidoo.

Rock On ’70s - The greatest music decade… by fullofshoes The “Rock Around the Clock” 50′s Contributor on Squidoo.

Forever Hopeless Romantics - Movies, Music, Books, and More for those of us who are Forever Hopeless Romantics! – by Sylvestermouse the “Forever Hopeless Romantic” Contributor on Squidoo

TRAVEL

Adventure Travel Shop - I am the United Kingdom Contributor for Squidoo. I will help you find adventure holidays and chat about to ways of keeping fit and healthy. by adventuretravelshop The “United Kingdom” Travel Contributor on Squidoo.

DeniseMcGill is the “Rock Around the Clock” 50′s Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 18 Jan 2014 06:33 AM PST

selfportraitcharcoalToday we’re excited to introduce you to DeniseMcGill.  She’s our “Rock Around the Clock” 50′s Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.
I’m the “Rock Around the Clock” 50′s contributor. I love 50′s music, 50′s TV, 50′s movies, 50′s clothes and 50′s diners. There is something really charming about petticoats and poodle skirts. I even knit cardigans for my husband. It’s all good. As a matter of fact, I’m a 50′s baby.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
I guess I have always loved black and white movies and TV. There is something artistic and creative about it. I remember my Mom singing with the radio and I learned the words to “Moon River” from her beautiful voice. But most of all, I really enjoyed Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley. They were charming shows about the joys of the 50′s.

Who influenced you most?
I think my mother had the most influence in my life. If she didn’t like Elvis, I didn’t listen to Elvis. If she loved Ballet and art, I loved ballet and art. She sewed all our clothes to save money in the 50′s, I did the same with my children. She taught me to knit and crochet. She was and always will be, my hero and mentor.

You’ll also find DeniseMcGill at:

Lost in the 50′s

50′s Glam on Pinterest

Lost in the 50″s on Facebook

If you love the music of the 50′s, stop by her  Review Classic Music from the 50′s and share a review.

Lens of the Day: The Frugal Book Promoter, by Carolyn Howard-Johnson

Posted: 18 Jan 2014 04:58 AM PST

Review of the Day: The Marvels of the Phantom

Posted: 18 Jan 2014 04:00 AM PST

Upon-Request is the “TV’s On” Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 17 Jan 2014 02:33 PM PST

contributorWe’re pleased to introduce you to Upon-Request.  She’s our “TV’s On” Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.

If it’s currently on TV or has been aired in the last 50 years, it’s in my “wheelhouse” when it comes to television shows, from long-running drama series and classic TV comedies to award-winning documentaries and the ever present reality show.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?

I think I’ve always loved watching TV and movies. I was an active drama member in high school and practiced (more than once) the Emmy/Oscar/Golden Globe acceptance speech in front of my bedroom mirror (and as I remember, I always thanked my drama teacher!) Over the years, television has been many things to me: a source of news, entertainment, “company” while I’m working online, and an activity I could share with family and friends. With ever growing technology, there is now more available TV shows of every genre that’s available on almost any device that has a viewable screen. While I know I could live without TV if I had to, why would I want to?

You’ll also find Upon-Request at:

I’d Recommend on Pinterest

If you love television, stop by her new Amazon Curation List,  Review These Hit Drama TV Shows to share a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment