Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Cercis is the “Tree Hugger” Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 21 Jan 2014 06:56 AM PST

13cercis_canadensis_albaToday, we’re happy to introduce you to Cercis. She’s our “Tree Hugger” Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.
A tree hugger may by definition be a nature lover or more forcefully an activist, environmentalist or ecologist. I am literally and figuratively all of these…however, I bring to my love of trees the old saying “words are mightier than the sword.” I want to share my love, enthusiasm, appreciation and knowledge of trees with readers and fellow Squidoo members. Like Dr. Seuss’ Lorax, I want to speak for the trees.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
I fell in love with trees between the ages of two to four. One of my earliest memories of growing up in Cleveland, OH is of my father and me along Euclid Creek on an overgrown path leading toward Lake Erie. I talk; he listens. I ask questions; he answers. There are enormous willow trees growing along the creek banks and they fascinate me. We actually return to this place many times, always heading for the willows.

Who had the most influence in your life?
Probably my parents who not only grew and exhibited roses, but shared the same passion with some of my mother’s siblings. I learned by observation how to amend soil, site and care for plants, and the beauty of well-grown plants. They also gave me plenty of time to read, write and dream.

You’ll also find Cercis at:

Facebook

Trees at Pinterest

Tree Hugger on Squidoo

Cercis invites you to visit and leave a review at her curation list, The Tree Hugger’s Book List.

Lens of the Day: Snodland…One Boy’s Tale!

Posted: 21 Jan 2014 05:03 AM PST

Review of the Day: Dirty Dancing-A Movie to Relive Your Youth

Posted: 21 Jan 2014 05:00 AM PST

Review These 36 Epic 80s Movie Soundtracks

Posted: 21 Jan 2014 05:00 AM PST

Screen Shot 2014-01-20 at 7.50.55 PMExcellent music can make a mediocre film good and a excellent film epic. Some of the best and most iconic music of the 80s comes in the form of the almighty movie soundtrack. If you’re anything like me, these songs have emedded themselves in your psyche as the soundtrack to your own life.

Introducing DaisyDixon

Posted: 20 Jan 2014 04:55 PM PST

DaisyDixon is a young mother who recently found her way to Squidoo and we’re very excited to have her. She’s already active on RocketSquids and has a fast-growing list of lenses. Thanks for making her feel at home.

How did you find Squidoo? I stumbled across Squidoo in an online article about great writing websites. I’m so glad I did!

You’re a busy mom with lots of great interests, many already reflected in your lenses. What new topics can we look forward to from your lensmaking list? I am passionate about many things, but I’m most passionate about my family. You can expect to see more family oriented lenses from me in the future. I’d also like to focus on more baby related lenses, including a future lens on DIY baby photography Ideas. You may even get to see my rock and mineral collection one of these days!

What can Squidoo do for you? Squidoo has already done so much for me by allowing me to have a creative outlet for my writing, as well as a friendly and helpful community to be a part of. Squidoo can keep being the amazing site that it is, and a wonderful platform for me to use to share my passions with others.

Review These Hard Rock and Heavy Metal Albums From The 70′s And 80′s

Posted: 20 Jan 2014 02:38 PM PST

Screen Shot 2014-01-20 at 5.36.17 PMDo you wanna rock? Do you fondly remember some of the best hard rocking bands of the seventies and eighties. Wondering how it works? Here are some instructions on how to write a review. It’s easy! After all, it’s about YOU, what you think, and your experiences.

GroovyFinds is the “I Play With Toys” Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 20 Jan 2014 01:51 PM PST

img_5727This evening, we’re proud to introduce you to GroovyFinds. She’s our “I Play With Toys” Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.
My niche is all about toys…Retro, kids, or even those fab toys that adults love!

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
I’m pretty sure I liked toys from the moment I was born, however I did go thru a heavy toy phase in the 80′s, followed by another round of toy enthusiasm when I actually had kids. My days are mostly spent with “people” under 18 so I figured that I either need to embrace the toys or turn to drinking. Clearly I chose the toys.

Who had the most influence in your life?
I think my dad may have had the most influence on me, he was the one that built ridiculous Lego creations with me, played the endless games of catch, taught me how to ride a motorcycle at 4 & always had time for my overly inquisitive questions on how things worked.

You’ll also find GroovyFinds by visiting:

Groovy Kid Gear on Facebook

GroovyKidsGear.com

Groovy Finds at Zazzle

GroovyFinds invites you to share a review at her, Review Your Favorite Indoor Toys for Active Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment