Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


angelatvs is the “Budget Decorator” Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 28 Jan 2014 06:25 AM PST

1378887_10152005776246477_1185351579_nWe’re pleased to introduce you to angelatvs. She’s our “Budget Decorator” Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.
Decorating your home is a way to express your own personality and interests for others to see. Most of us enjoy having a well decorated home, but not all of us can afford to purchase all new home decor once we decide to do some decorating. Decorating on a budget is actually fun. It can mean finding a great item for a low price, it can mean recycling or upcycling something you already have into something better, it can mean searching yard sales and flea markets for that perfect “new to you” item to accent your home, or it can mean creating something from scratch. I can’t wait to hear all of your ideas about decorating on a budget while I share some of my own as well.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
I’ve always had to live on a budget ever since I was a child, so I don’t know how to do things any differently. If you combine that with the love of home decor, recycling, crafting and going to yard sales, you end up with a Budget Decorator. I’m sure there are lots of us out there and I am happy to get the chance to carve out this niche on Squidoo for all of us!

You’ll also find angelastvs at the following sites:
Budget Decorating on Facebook
Budget Decorating on Pinterest

angelastvs invites you to stop by and share a review at her, Review These Home Decor Items That Add Style To A Room For Under $20.

Review of the Day: Disney: Tangled – a truly magical cinematic experience

Posted: 28 Jan 2014 05:26 AM PST

Lens of the Day: A Great Railway Journey Around Britain in Seven Days

Posted: 28 Jan 2014 05:05 AM PST

melaniekaren is the “Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian” Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 27 Jan 2014 02:48 PM PST

me3Tonight we’re happy to introduce you to melaniekaren. She’s our “Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian” Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.
Lacto-ovo vegetarianism is a topic close to my heart. It is currently and has been the most popular type of vegetarianism. It is for those who eat primarily a plant-based diet, but who also eat dairy and eggs. It encompasses a wide range of cooking styles and discussion topics revolving around food and where our food comes from. Due to it’s increasing rise in popularity, there are also many new yummy recipes being created and shared everyday. Since, I love to cook, this is the really fun part.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
It’s been a slow, cumulative process spanning over more than 20 years. I’ve been learning about it and taking part for a couple of decades now. I haven’t always been vegetarian, and there was a time that I’d say I’ve eaten just as much meat as vegetables. There was also a time when I was vegan, and if you’d like to read my story about that, just scan over my Squidoo Contributor lens page.

I love to talk about better food choices, healthy food choices, and self-sufficiency. I mean I really like this diverse array of topics one is introduced to through vegetarianism. It gets us all really thinking and contributing to a better life and world. This excites me greatly.

Who had the most influence in your life?
My father and grandmother have had the greatest influences in my life. My grandmother was a woman ahead of her time and a natural leader. My father took right after his mother and continues to naturally lead today. However, I’d have to say that the most influence over this niche topic came from the many wonderful teachers and professors I’ve had along the way. I am also influenced each day by all sorts of people who love to learn and share anything vegetarianism and sustainability.

I’d like to continue my family’s natural knack in leading and share with others my views and findings. I also look forward to learning more and more from the general vegetarian community. This process will never stop. Lastly, I can’t wait to get in the kitchen and out to the gardens!

You’ll also find melaniekaren by visiting:
Lacto-ovo Vegetarian Contributor Area for Squidoo on Pinterest
Lactoovo Vegetarianism Learn and Share

melaniekaren invites you to stop by and share a review at her, Review these Hot New Books on Vegetarianism and Sustainability

Got 25 Quality Lenses? Apply To Be A Giant Squid

Posted: 27 Jan 2014 12:37 PM PST

Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 3.09.29 PMWe’re looking for quality lensmasters to join our Giant Squid Program!

In order to apply you need at least 25 quality lenses. 3 of those lenses need to be New Format Lenses (you can get the new format start links on the Giant Squid Application below). The Giants are a fun program with some neat perks like being able to apply as a Squidoo Contributor. The next Squidoo Contributor application opening will be February 14th.

You can read more about the Giant Squid program here: http://bdkz.squidoo.com/GiantSquids.

Ready to apply? Here’s the Giant Squid Club Application: https://squidoo.wufoo.com/forms/join-the-giant-squid-club/

Lensmasters Share: The Best Thing About My Home

Posted: 27 Jan 2014 11:04 AM PST

A recent quest asked lensmasters to share the one thing they liked best about their home town, state or country on a new lens. Here’s 10 of our favorites that were created for the quest. We think you’ll enjoy each and every one of them.

Before you go off to read and enjoy, tell us in the comments, what’s your favorite thing about your home? And if you haven’t already, why not build a lens about it?

Othello Tunnels British Columbia's Hidden Secret

1. Othello Tunnels British Columbia’s Hidden Secret

British Columbia has many hidden secrets and there is more history here than any one person could learn in a lifetime, but this is just one which is my favourite. I have lived here in BC almost all of my life that’s a quick fifty four years and it was…

Oregon's Magnificent Coast

2. Oregon’s Magnificent Coast

The entire Pacific Northwest is near paradise if you are a fan of the outdoors. It’s beauty has always called to me. Spread across it you will find exquisite beaches, snow covered mountains, and more rivers and lakes than you can remember, not to ment…

Bluebonnets - The State Flower of Texas

3. Bluebonnets – The State Flower of Texas

One of the best things that happens in the state of Texas is the annual blooming of the wildflowers. If you ask a Texan their favorite flower, they will undoubtably tell you that the bluebonnet is the most beloved of all wildflowers. These beautiful flower…

Hematite Lake a Magical Place In Lbl ky

4. Hematite Lake a Magical Place In Lbl ky

Every now and then you come across a place that is so magical, and so beautiful, that you never want to leave. Hematite Lake is just that! It is a place were families can come and enjoy the day, fish, hike, or even search for the rumored hematite there! It…

A Quaint Little Town in the Heart of Tokyo

5. A Quaint Little Town in the Heart of Tokyo

Living in one of the largest cities in the world can sometimes feel overwhelming. Tokyo is the largest metropolitan area in the world at 5,310 sq miles, with a population of 13. 23 million people. Divided into 23 wards, which are like small cities themselv…

Aquatic Birds

6. Aquatic Birds

One of the best reasons to live in or visit the province of Ontario, Canada is the opportunity to see our vast array of aquatic birds. Aquatic birds, also known as water birds or waterbirds, are those that live near or on bodies of water. Ontario has plent…

The American Southwest

7. The American Southwest

For purposes of this article, the American Southwest is made up of Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and (shhh! Colorado). One of the seven wonders of the world, the Grand Canyon, is in Arizona. It draws travelers from around the world, particularly Germany and J…

Lines in my Black&White Landscape

8. Lines in my Black&White Landscape

I live in The Netherlands at the outskirts of a very small village called Waterlandkerkje, in a part of the Province Zeeland, called Zeeuws- Vlaanderen. In stead of showing your the normal snapshots of my surroundings, I thought it would be fun to show you…

Three Best Little-Used Florida Beaches

9. Three Best Little-Used Florida Beaches

I’m not your typical beach- goer. I like to go to quiet beaches and I think I’ve found the three best little- used Florida beaches. I’m at the beach to take in the beauty of the sand, surf and sun and anything else that happens to be there a…

Milwaukee, Wisconsin and The Big Gig

10. Milwaukee, Wisconsin and The Big Gig

When you think of my great city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin you may think of Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Harley Davidson, or maybe Beer. All of them have made the city of Milwaukee famous, but what you may not know is that we are also the home to the larg…

No comments:

Post a Comment