Saturday, February 1, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


fullofshoes is the “Rock On” 70s Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 01 Feb 2014 06:00 AM PST

logocontributor600Today we’d like you to meet fullofshoes. She’s our “Rock On” 70s Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.
The 70′s was a decade of opportunity and innovation. We were baby-boomers having the time of our lives; we worked hard, played hard and were pretty much oblivious to much else besides music and good times. I could talk endlessly about my ’70s experience, the music, fashion, pop culture… all of it.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?

I didn’t understand how much I loved the ’70s until the decade was long over. Years later I reconnected with a nucleus of friends that were a big part of my life then. One memory, one story at a time, it became crystal clear that I’d grown up during a very special time.

Who had the most influence in your life?
I was most influenced by my work environment back then. It was high-tech heyday and we had a rock-solid work ethic; everyone one of us was driven to succeed. We had no idea why, really; it was just what we did and we did it with a work-hard, play-hard, turn-the-music-up-loud mentality. We had a blast.

You’ll also find fullofshoes by visiting:

Rock On ’70s
Rock On ’70s on Facebook
Rock On ’70s on Pinterest

fullofshoes invites you to stop by and share a review at her Review Top One Hit Wonders from the 70s.

Lens of the Day: Must Have List: One Purple Crayon

Posted: 01 Feb 2014 05:22 AM PST

Hello February!

Posted: 01 Feb 2014 04:00 AM PST

Swans Heart by jd.echenard on Flickr via Creative CommonsWelcome February, the short month that’s focused on romance — and packed full of lensmaking opportunities.

Holidays are always good lens idea generators; if you’re passionate about it, someone else is, too. So do your research and see what original material you can produce about Groundhog Day, President’s Day, Black History month, National Wear Red Day, or even Valentine’s Day. (Did you know the full moon also falls on February 14th this year? Now that combination brings to mind some very romantic thoughts — and a couple of great lens ideas.)

February promises to be another cold month here in the U.S. and Canada. What better time to stay indoors, bundle up, turn on the tube — and watch sports! Tomorrow’s the Super Bowl (will it result in any lensworthy broken records or breaking news?) then most of the rest of February is taken up by the Sochi Winter Olympics. What do you know about the biathlon? Curling? What other sports — or athletes — might generate Google searches? Stay a step ahead of the millions of people who will be doing the searching and get the information they’ll be looking for ready in advance. Then keep it updated as the games progress.

Don’t forget product reviews and seasonal recipes when you’re planning new lenses. How about a fun cherry recipe that kids can make in honor of our first president? Or review a favorite movie about a famous Olympic athlete or event from the past.

This is also the perfect month for newer lensmasters to push towards the goal of attaining Giant Squid status. Do it by mid-month and you’ll be eligible to apply for one of the new Contributor positions that will be opening up. If you haven’t contemplated the far-reaching possibilities of adding “Squidoo Contributor” to your credentials list, then definitely take time to read more about it and observe the amazing ways our current Contributors are reaching out within and beyond Squidoo to grow their particular niches, recruiting new lenses and new lensmasters along the way. It’s an exciting program that’s growing fast. Why not secure your niche now?

Have you set your goals for February? How does Squidoo fit into the mix? If you’d like to share, we’d love to know!

Photo Credit: jd.echenard via cc

Review of the Day: Dremel Saw-Max Wins the Gold Medal

Posted: 01 Feb 2014 04:00 AM PST

Share and Learn about Lacto-ovo Vegetarianism with Fellow Squids

Posted: 31 Jan 2014 12:02 PM PST

Greek Salad with Quinoa and Couscous

1. Greek Salad with Quinoa and Couscous

When I was a teenager, I was fortunate enough to spend three glorious weeks in Greece, eating a Greek salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, olive oil and feta cheese every day. Back then, I didn’t know that a Greek salad was also an example of a heart- heal…

I'm Addicted to this Salad with Pine Nuts and Goat Cheese

2. I’m Addicted to this Salad with Pine Nuts and Goat Cheese

I put this salad together a couple of weeks ago, and I’m completely addicted to it. I’ve been having it almost everyday for lunch. It’s delicious and super easy. I really nailed it with this one. So, I’m sharing it with you. The flavors…

Indoor Vegetable Gardening: Lighting for Beginners.

3. Indoor Vegetable Gardening: Lighting for Beginners.

I recently started a vegetable container garden on my balcony. It was a total experiment and a desire to put the great light on my new balcony to good use. I’m a country girl at heart and miss digging around in the dirt. Some of my experiments were…

Easy homemade yogurt in a thermos

4. Easy homemade yogurt in a thermos

If you love yogurt, you may have been thinking about making your own. Here’s the good news: You don’t need to buy a yogurt maker. You can make yogurt in a thermos. It’s super easy! Image: Pint of homemade yogurt withsmaller jar of the ‘…

Japanese mushroom recipes

5. Japanese mushroom recipes

In Japan we have it good. We have, at our disposal, lots of local fresh produce to choose from. Each season brings us new things to eat. Apples and persimmons in the fall and juicy peaches and watermelon in the warmer months. Although mushrooms are at thei…

Creamy Broccoli Homemade Soup Recipe

6. Creamy Broccoli Homemade Soup Recipe

My son asked me the other day if I was going to be making his favorite soup anytime soon because I’d not made it in a while. Cream of Broccoli soup has always been my twin boys favorite ever since they were small children. Actually broccoli I think is…

Vegetarian/Spirituality/Mixed Vegetables Curry Recipe

7. Vegetarian/Spirituality/Mixed Vegetables Curry Recipe

Since childhood, I was not a vegetarian, but yes, we did not eat meat for some time when there were prayers and ceremonies at home or when we had to go to the temples. In fact, we did not eat meat everyday, maybe twice a week. I started living a vegetarian…

How to Plant a Potato Container Garden

8. How to Plant a Potato Container Garden

Harvesting potatoes is fun! Planting potatoes is something that most home gardeners seem to shy away from. What I don’t think we all realize is that planting potatoes and having a successful harvest is pretty easy. Even if you are in an apartment with…

The New Victory Garden

9. The New Victory Garden

You’ve heard of the Victory Gardens and rationing during WWII and how vegetables grown at home helped families and the war effort. Now, amidst a bleak economy and mechanized, nutrient and soil depleting agribusiness, many people are thinking about gro…

Joyous Juicing with the book Superfood Smoothies by Julie Morris

10. Joyous Juicing with the book Superfood Smoothies by Julie Morris

Julie Morris is the author of another excellent book – Superfood Kitchen – so when I saw that she had produced a juicing recipe book I just had to get it. My wife and I have been big fans of juicing for around a year now, and enjoy using out trusty Magimix…

Fabulous New Lenses for the Week of Jan 27th

Posted: 31 Jan 2014 11:55 AM PST

Doubles : A Trini Delicacy

1. Doubles : A Trini Delicacy

So I am from the Caribbean and decided to find some recipes for some dishes that we eat for breakfast over here . This one is really not my own(found it in the Naps cookbook) but I needed to share it because everyone keeps asking for ‘Doubles’ an…

Curried Chicken, Potato and Leek Soup

2. Curried Chicken, Potato and Leek Soup

I love this chicken, potato and leek soup for so many reasons, but most of all because it is so deliciously healthy with a big bang of flavour. If you are keen on pure, organic, whole foods, you can elevate the healthiness level of this soup to it’s h…

No Print Tea Bag Folding Tiles

3. No Print Tea Bag Folding Tiles

If you want to pursue tea bag folding for card making, printing the tiles for folding may become expensive. Since ink is pricey to buy I started at the very beginning to fold paper that is already printed. I think the one reason was I did not want to learn…

The Three Rs of Books for Kids

4. The Three Rs of Books for Kids

I am a firm believer in the new and improved 3 R’s – Read! Review! Rave! As the ‘Books For Kids’ Contributor on Squidoo, I am ready, willing, and able to share a good read for children worldwide. Along with reading children’s books come…

Grab and Go Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal

5. Grab and Go Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal

I’m always looking for healthy recipes for my family and if you search the internet their not that hard to find. Most of the recipes that I’ve found usually need a little adjustment according to our individual tastes. Tweaking them to our desire…

Tiny Houses

6. Tiny Houses

I always wanted to build a tiny house to live in. It would be just to say I did it! Actually, I did build a small bird- watching cubical or shelter a few years ago. It was 6′ long, 4′ wide and 5- 6′ high with a slant roof. The bench to sit o…

Food ingredients to avoid:  Anything genetically modified (GMO)

7. Food ingredients to avoid: Anything genetically modified (GMO)

The subject of GMOs (which stands for genetically modified organisms) is controversial, only because those trying to push them on everyone are dishonest. Most major food companies and grocery stores and restaurants want to use GMOs, and they don’t wan…

Quick, Easy Haloumi and Arugula Salad

8. Quick, Easy Haloumi and Arugula Salad

This must be the easiest ever recipe, but sometimes the simplest things in life deliver the most impact. If you enjoy cheese, fresh foods and a little tang, then this is for you at lunch or for a light dinner. I believe it would suffice as a light summer l…

Broccoli potato skillet - A one-dish meal

9. Broccoli potato skillet – A one-dish meal

On a crisp, cold evening, this savory skillet of potatoes, broccoli and leafy greens, lightly spiced with fresh parsley, a hint of lemon and Garam masala is comforting, filling and a delight to the senses. It’s true that we love it in the fall and win…

My Favorite Warm Socks

10. My Favorite Warm Socks

I just moved into a 100 year old house with very cold and drafty floors. My first few days here, I suffered from frozen feet and longed for warmer socks. I had some wool socks, so I put them on. My feet were warmer, but still chilly. Then I tried slippers,…

Festive Estonian Cinnamon Ring

11. Festive Estonian Cinnamon Ring

People like cinnamon rolls, I hold this truth to be self evident and am deeply suspicious of anyone who doesn’t like cinnamon rolls. It seems the Estonians have perfected the art of the cinnamon roll. That’s an achievement that any nation can be…

EclectiCheap Crafting and Decor 101

12. EclectiCheap Crafting and Decor 101

EclectiCheap – Yes, okay, I made up the word. :) I’m enjoying a little word play here. EclectiCheap is pronounced as two words ‘Eclectic Cheap’. It describes perfectly my attitude towards decorating and crafts in general. I’ve always be…

No comments:

Post a Comment