Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


An Interview with Debra (Lauman) Kingsbury: I. Joseph Kellerman

Posted: 05 Feb 2014 06:46 AM PST

Screen Shot 2014-02-05 at 9.44.35 AMDeb (Lauman) Kingsbury is the author of two books and is an avid hiker, she is originally from Rhode Island but now resides on Arizona. You can read about one of her long distance hiking adventures in Hiking the Appalachian Trail.

We interviewed Deb today about her books. I. Joseph Kellerman and A Picket Fence in Pawpaw.

britflorida is the “Spot On” UK Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 05 Feb 2014 05:06 AM PST

iconjackieToday we’re happy to introduce you to britflorida. She’s our “Spot On” UK Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.

The UK is the most fascinating place. It has wonderful people (and a lot of eccentric ones), great scenery, loads of history and – believe it or not – fabulous food. I want to celebrate this on Squidoo. I know that there are a lot of British people and Anglophiles on the site and I want to make sure that their voices are heard.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
Well, it’s funny really. I lived in the UK for the first forty years of my life and during that time I just thought everything was completely normal and never paid much attention. It’s only when I left England that I came to appreciate it.

Who had the most influence in your life?
Oh, without a doubt my mum and dad. No question about it.

You can also find britflorida at the following sites:
Spot On UK on Facebook
Britain. Spot On UK on Pinterest

 

britflorida invites you to pop on over to her Review your favourite British movies to share a review.

Lens of the Day: Foster Care…The First Placement

Posted: 05 Feb 2014 04:54 AM PST

Review of the Day: Hank Williams:Your Cheatin’ Heart Will Tell On You

Posted: 05 Feb 2014 04:00 AM PST

An Interview With Tony H. Leather: Eternity and more

Posted: 04 Feb 2014 02:27 PM PST

Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 5.25.48 PMTony H. Leather is from Burnley in the UK and is the author of 5 books. His favorite genre is science fiction. Tony has been writing for more than 12 years and has over 2000 published written works. Tony is also a Giant Squid here on Squidoo with over 250 lenses. You can visit him on Squidoo right here.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Tony for our Squidoo Author Series and he welcomes your feedback on his work.

Introducing Jess_Martell

Posted: 04 Feb 2014 05:25 AM PST

Say hello to Jess_Martell, a college student from Indiana who manages to find time in her busy schedule for multiple interests that now include writing here on Squidoo.

What brought you to Squidoo? I came across Squidoo while doing some searching online for a good blogging site. I’ve always enjoyed writing and have had some extra time on my hands so I decided to give it a shot. I saw great reviews for the site and loved how easy the format was. Squidoo is extremely user-friendly and I knew it was a good fit for me.

We’re loving your recipe lenses and the reviews. Any special topics coming up on our lensmaking list? I never know what my next lens is going to be about. Whether it’s a review for a movie I recently watched or a recipe I want to share with everyone, there is no real rhythm or reason to my lens making. I’m thinking about doing one for Valentine’s Day but haven’t decided which viewpoint it’ll be from yet so it’ll just have to be a surprise :)

What can Squidoo do for you? Squidoo is just a fun place for me to exercise my creative side. Ever since starting college, I haven’t had as much time to draw, read, or be creative. Squidoo allows me to take a break from all the homework and exams and just have some fun. I really appreciate everybody who puts in the time and effort to keeping this site running as smoothly as it does. So thank you

Review of the Day: The First Time I Heard Elvis in Church

Posted: 04 Feb 2014 05:24 AM PST

CorrinnaJohnson is the “Crafty Kids” Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 04 Feb 2014 05:10 AM PST

squidookidscraftsToday we’d love for you to get to know CorrinnaJohnson. She’s our “Crafty Kids” Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.
I am that girl who gets all giddy and excited when visiting a craft store. I could spend countless hours(and money) looking at all the pretty papers, different patterns of washi tape and colorful bottles of paint. I have way more ideas than time allows, but I always have two or three craft projects on the go!

I began doing arts and crafts with my children as soon as they began sitting up, starting with homemade edible yogurt finger paints. My children are much older now, but we still enjoy doing crafts and little diy projects together as a family. I am excited to share some of the crafts we have done lately so you can make them with your own kids or students!

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
I have made crafts my whole life, beginning when I was just a small child, sitting alongside my mother and my love of crafting has continued to evolve over the years, which I now share with my own children.

Who had the most influence in your life?
My mom has had the most influence in my love of crafting. For as far back as I can remember, my mom always knitting, sewing my Barbie dolls new clothes or making little crafts for others. She taught me how to sew and tried to teach me to knit (though I could never get the hang of it). She was a Girl Guide leader for over 10 years and often enlisted my help in coming up with fun and easy crafts to make with the girls. I have so many memories of her staying up until the crack of dawn with her girlfriends, making dozens of crafts to be sold at bazaars to raise money so the girls could have the opportunity to go on special trips and outings.

You can also find CorrinnaJohnson by visiting:
Crafty Kids on Pinterest
A Sprinkle Of Glitter And Spice
A Sprinkle Of Glitter & Spice on Facebook

CorrinnaJohnson invites you to stop by and share a review at her Review One Of These 20 Valentine Craft Books For Kids.

Lens of the Day: Vegetarian Pizza Your Family Has Gotta Love

Posted: 04 Feb 2014 04:55 AM PST

An Interview With Patricia Steffy For Our New Squidoo Author Series

Posted: 03 Feb 2014 10:35 AM PST

Screen Shot 2014-02-03 at 12.12.25 PMWelcome to the new author series on Squidoo.

Over the years we’ve had many authors use the Squidoo platform to share their books. We love supporting writers and getting their books pushed out into the world is something we love doing.

Recently we introduced a new product review format that allows a lensmaster to review books, movies, music and just about anything on Amazon.

Using this new format we created the new Squidoo Author Series to promote writers and our first interview is with Patricia Steffy. Her newly released book My Letter to Fear (Essays on life, love and the search for Prince Charming) is a collection of essays that explores the differences between the realities of today and the expectations of youth.

You can read our entire interview with Patricia right here.

Are you an author that has a book on Amazon? e-mail bonnie@squidoo.com (that’s me) to be considered for an interview.

We can’t wait to see what you’ve been writing about!

No comments:

Post a Comment