Thursday, March 13, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Review of the Day: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Posted: 13 Mar 2014 06:04 AM PDT

Lens of the Day: How Finding Yourself in History Can Be the Most Valuable Gift You Pass Along to Family

Posted: 13 Mar 2014 05:32 AM PDT

Becksta is the “Young Adult” Book Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 12 Mar 2014 07:34 AM PDT

me1Today we’re happy to introduce you to Becksta. She’s our “Young Adult” Book Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.
One thing that I like about my niche is that it changes a lot. Although the basics are the same in that I’ll always be writing about Young Adult Books, did you know that there are now 2 different levels of Young Adult books, with the later marketed at “New Adults” aged 18 and over.

Sadly, as far as I can see, the displays in bookstores haven’t really changed to take this into consideration.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
I’d always had an interest in Young Adult books from when I was a young adult myself, though I sadly drifted out of the area for a number of years. However, the purchase of a Kindle soon bought me back when I was able to find that there are still books and authors out there today that I can enjoy as much today as I used to the books and authors I enjoyed as a young adult myself.

Who had the most influence in your life?
There are lots of people who have left their mark on my life over the years. Right now, there are 2 authors I simply can’t get enough of in the Young Adult market. S M Reine is the first simply because of her skilled imagination – many a time I felt like I was a wolf reading her “Seasons of The Moon” series.

The second author that has left her mark on my life has to be Quinn Loftis. I first found my love of Quinn in her “Grey Wolves” series – though I was late to discover it since she already had six books out and was writing book seven. Having dreamed of being an author myself from a young age, it was Quinn who encouraged me to pick up my pen and start writing again.

You can also find Becksta online at:

Young Adult Books on Facebook
Pinterest

Becksta invites you to visit and share a review at her Top 100 Bestsellers for Young Adults lens.

Lens of the Day: Eye Care 101

Posted: 12 Mar 2014 05:29 AM PDT

Review of the Day: Book Review: Running with the Dogs by Frederick P. Frankville

Posted: 12 Mar 2014 05:27 AM PDT

Today’s Review of the Day includes a history lesson – and a personal connection between the book and the lensmaster who reviewed it.

If you’re a military history buff you’ll really appreciate this book review by lensmaster vsajewel.  Stop by Book Review: Running with the Dogs by Frederick P. Frankville to read the rest of the story.

Learn how to create a Squidoo “How To” format lens.

Posted: 11 Mar 2014 03:11 PM PDT

Everyone has something to share. With the tools we have at Squidoo, writing about your latest craft or DIY project, decorating ideas, best recipes, favorite films, and the products you use every day has never been easier and we’re excited to get more of these tools in front of you.

One of these tools is the new how to format that is just perfect for sharing craft, DIY and home decor projects.

As part of our ongoing education Squidoo Magazines Editor Stephanie Mangino created this tutorial on how to create a Squidoo How To Lens (click on the image to start the video on YouTube).

 

Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 6.01.03 PM

Here is the link to create your own How-To lens: http://www.squidoo.com/new/howtoformat. If you try a How To lens please post it in the comments section of this post for a possible feature.

Also a big thank you to Margaret Schindel for letting us use her Romantic “Queen of Hearts” Earrings Project lens to create this video.

Review These Memorable TV Moms

Posted: 11 Mar 2014 05:47 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 8.46.34 AMWho’s your favorite TV Mom? It’s hard to say how many TV moms there’s been in the last 50 or 60 years, but it’s easy to say that there have been dozens of memorable ones in the past few decades! There are a few every generation has admired and loved (June Cleaver and Claire Huxtable come to mind), but let’s face it, some of the most memorable moms had flaws…some worse than others. Some made us laugh, some made us cry, some we swear were characters written from our own family tree.

Lens of the Day and Craft Club Quest Winner: Learn To Make An Easy St. Patrick’s Day Card

Posted: 11 Mar 2014 04:47 AM PDT

makeacardIf you’re crafty, there’s still time to get your St. Patrick’s Day cards created and sent out.

Stop by today’s Lens of the Day and Craft Club Quest winning lens, Learn To Make An Easy St. Patrick’s Day Card by lensmaster psiloveyou, to learn how.

And be sure to stop by Squidoo Craft Club Quest: March Into Crafting to see all of the other amazing March-inspired craft lenses that were built for this quest. There’s lots of fun stuff there. Don’t miss out.

Review of the Day: Frozen – Possibly the Best Disney Movie Ever!

Posted: 11 Mar 2014 04:34 AM PDT

TanoCalvenoa is the “Science Rocks” Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 10 Mar 2014 11:31 AM PDT

newcontributorphoto600dpiToday we’re pleased to introduce you to TanoCalvenoa. He’s our “Science Rocks” Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.

My topic is science, and specifically, the indisputable fact that science rocks! There’s so much to learn, and to know, that no one could ever master all of it, plus it’s constantly evolving as we learn more and more. The methods of study of the physical universe and the resulting discoveries are endlessly fascinating and something I could never get bored with.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
I have loved science as long as I can remember, since I was a little kid. It began with a love of maps, studying the world, and drawing maps. I didn’t know it was called geography until I got a bit older. It then expanded into all aspects of science. Geography in my opinion is a gateway to science as a whole, since it overlaps with many other sciences.

Who had the most influence in your life?
No one really influenced me in my love of maps and geography when I was a kid – for reasons that I don’t really know, it was interesting to me at a very young age and I studied it totally independently of anyone else’s influence or ideas. However, for an influence on my love of science, I credit my dad, who as an engineer has never been afraid to explain things in technical and mathematical terms. I grew up accustomed to thinking scientifically and analyzing everything very thoroughly, as well as loving nature and being outdoors, because of him.

You’ll also find TanoCalvenoa at the following places online:
Tano Calvenoa’s Natural Sciences Blog
Tano Calvenoa’s Natural Sciences on Facebook
Tano Calvenoa’s Natural Sciences at Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment